UNLV OG/OT Justice Oluwaseun transfers to Miami

Advertisement
NFL Talent based on his film is questionable.

But his weight room strength is definitely there, it just doesn't seem to translate into on field functional power.

Go Canes

He graded out better than any of of our guards last year. Based on pff he probably would have been our best o-linemen.

Offensive line is the hardest position to project coming out of high school. It should be much easier to assess after a couple years in college especially if you worked first-hand with the individual or have absolute confidence in his current position coach for an evaluation.

Keep in mind that the young pups (Seymore and Rodriguez) aren't ready yet for meaningful snaps. Donaldson is coming off major surgery and has a history of being out of shape. There are unconfirmed rumors about Clarke being injured. Scaife plays like a tackle but looks like a guard. Rivers might be better suited on the edge. Gaynor is often overmatched in the trenches. Walker is unproven and spent the year dealing with off-field issues.

I'm going to be deferential and trust Justice until he shows me a reason not to. So far the improvement in our o-line play warrants the take if Justice deems it so. Bring him in so he can push our starting interior line play (center/guards are the second weakest position on the team behind LBs) and provide depth for our tackles.

Last edited:
In my younger days I’ve done some serious training and know a thing or two.
This dude’s a beast , my heaviest squat was 810 at 242 pounds.

555 for 5 WHAT WHAT WOW , to do this weight you need muscle mass and strong auxiliary support muscles to stabilize control.

This weight for (5) plus his single is 645 BROTHER for a teenager.

I’m IMPRESSED beyond WOW , imagine this kid DRIVE BLOCKING LMAO LMAO 😂 .

THIS KID KNOWS TRAINING

WOW GOCANES

Advertisement
In my younger days I’ve done some serious training and know a thing or two.
This dude’s a beast , my heaviest squat was 810 at 242 pounds.

555 for 5 WHAT WHAT WOW , to do this weight you need muscle mass and strong auxiliary support muscles to stabilize control.

This weight for (5) plus his single is 645 BROTHER for a teenager.

I’m IMPRESSED beyond WOW , imagine this kid DRIVE BLOCKING LMAO LMAO 😂 .

THIS KID KNOWS TRAINING

WOW GOCANES

He is not a teenager, he is 21-23 years old he graduated high school in 2017.

Go Canes

This one's a little baffling. So we're willing to give up a spot in the '22 class? Or is the staff anticipating the NCAA allowing for additional portal moves/counter flexibility? Would seem the latter may be the case. Otherwise, seems odd for a player who would be changing positions (?). Though clearly lack of interior push has been an issue, and why I for one would like to see Campbell get another look inside.

This one's a little baffling. So we're willing to give up a spot in the '22 class? Or is the staff anticipating the NCAA allowing for additional portal moves/counter flexibility? Would seem the latter may be the case. Otherwise, seems odd for a player who would be changing positions (?). Though clearly lack of interior push has been an issue, and why I for one would like to see Campbell get another look inside.
Campbell isn’t good

Advertisement
It would count as 22 counter and he wouldn’t be able to enroll until summer. At least under the current rules. He wouldn’t be changing positions though, he’s still a guard and interior line was the weakest part of the team last year. As much as we bash the receivers, guard and center were horrible. He’s got two years of eligibility remaining at least so it’s not just a one year rental.

Guard play was atrocious last year. The interior ol completely destroyed the line play.

I’ve always said I wouldn’t be shocked if they took an ol in the portal , I just didn’t see a blue shirt or using a 22 spot. I still don’t for that matter.

Im not sure ive seen somebody regress as much as Scaife did last year. He would just completely whiff on blocks

Justice coached this dude (did not recruit him) for 2 years, then coached Miami's room for a year. Improvement by any means even if marginal

Advertisement
We need better players inside , even if that means Rivers stays at guard for another year.

Agree. Won't have meaningful wins without more mass across the line. We know Williams and Zion will be the starters at tackles. Hopefully another tackle emerges and Rivers finds a home at guard for the foreseeable future.

Advertisement
It would count as 22 counter and he wouldn’t be able to enroll until summer. At least under the current rules. He wouldn’t be changing positions though, he’s still a guard and interior line was the weakest part of the team last year. As much as we bash the receivers, guard and center were horrible. He’s got two years of eligibility remaining at least so it’s not just a one year rental.
Huge that he’s got 2 years of eligibility.

Advertisement
Back