University of Miami Urges Students to Police Classmates’ Spe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santa

Band
Banned
This is national news today. LMAO. Soft.

___

Resident assistants at the University of Miami are urging students to monitor their classmates’ speech, and call them out for any microaggressions.

“Ask ‘what makes you say that?’ or ‘did you know that can actually be taken as offensive?’” a new display on campus says.

It’s part of a new display that the RAs put up on campus titled “SAY WHAT?!” to educate students on the dangers of innocuous statements and questions known as microaggressions.

The display contains vile phrases like “I don’t see color,” “You speak English very well” and “Can I touch your hair?” as examples of microaggressions that would undoubtedly ruin anyone’s day.

It’s a call to civility dictated by the terms of political correctness. The display asserts that people can hear many microaggressions in a single day, which can build up.

Advertisement
This thread is great addition to the football board. :monkey-serious:

Try not to be so micro aggravated by anti micro aggressors next time you're falling into their trap.

RAs are the unsung heroes. $30 a week to babysit idiots ...

The estrogen runs strong in this groundbreaking initiative. Thank god, the liberals are saving humanity from humanity.

Advertisement
To be fair, "Can I touch your hair?" is a gateway question that could end up with your *** on several offender registries. It's actually how Paranosboy Cane started on his path to not being allowed within 5000 feet of elementary schools.

And you felt the need to post this why?

Because it's national news regarding the university of Miami.

Do you want to police my speech and are you wearing a pink ***** hat right now?

Advertisement
This is national news huh? Who reported on this?

And I dont see this big deal with RAs putting up signs that the students never read anyways telling people to try not to be offensive to others.

Advertisement
This is national news huh? Who reported on this?

And I dont see this big deal with RAs putting up signs that the students never read anyways telling people to try not to be offensive to others.

I can count on one hand the number of RA signs I actually read in four years at UM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back