University of Miami FY2021 Financials (We aren’t broke)

A little bit yes. People thinking Miami is sitting on FIVE BILLION dollars for shyts and giggles is a little disconcerting.
This is the problem when you have a small alumni base, and the typical fan has never been on campus. These narratives get pushed, because the typical fan doesn't know a **** thing about how the school runs and because we don't have a ton of alumni running around in South Florida, these narratives can run for decades, without being fact checked or corrected.

Advertisement
This is the problem when you have a small alumni base, and the typical fan has never been on campus. These narratives get pushed, because the typical fan doesn't know a **** thing about how the school runs and because we don't have a ton of alumni running around in South Florida, these narratives can run for decades, without being fact checked or corrected.
Still though, it doesn't take being an alumnus to understand that revenue comes before expenses, costs, etc... That $5B doesn't mean anything without understanding the balance sheet.

This county has a very low median income level, and a low base educational level, I knew as soon as DBC posted this thread on twitter that we were doomed.
I remember someone saying that despite the beaches, despite the modern architecture, despite the glitz and glamour South Florida was closer to Alabama than NYC if you compared educational attainment and income.

That person nailed it like a ****.

liberal democrat university of peace and prosperity

good thing they're focused on equal rights while the football team you all bleed for dies and embarrasses itself week after week. You guys could have had an admiral leading things, instead you chose a "forward" thinking "educated" man.

downvote it all you want, they don't care what you do to me.

Advertisement

good thing they're focused on equal rights while the football team you all bleed for dies and embarrasses itself week after week. You guys could have had an admiral leading things, instead you chose a "forward" thinking "educated" man.

What in the holy fūck are you babbling about and what does it have to do with the topic at hand?

Your conflation meter is off the charts.

You don't think UT Austin is a very liberal university or Oregon? Good lord.

All speculation if the Admiral would have been better. Most flag officers are clueless outside of the protected world of the Five-sided Wind Tunnel. Trust me I'd to see Frenk gone for a lot of reasons.

You don't think UT Austin is a very liberal university or Oregon? Good lord.

Probably more liberal than even UM.

Just as a general rule, and you already know this, pretty much any university that you set foot on is going to be 100% liberal. Not just liberal, but far left. That’s just how it works.

The exceptions are places like Liberty U.

I’m not saying that’s good or bad, it’s just the way educational institutions have always leaned.

Advertisement
Probably more liberal than even UM.

Just as a general rule, and you already know this, pretty much any university that you set foot on is going to be 100% liberal. Not just liberal, but far left. That’s just how it works.

The exceptions are places like Liberty U.

I’m not saying that’s good or bad, it’s just the way educational institutions have always leaned.
Number 1 reason my son did not go to the USAFA to play lacrosse was the following. Cadet walks in and says we have created a new wing function--the diversity office and we are going to look at unconscious bias. My son says out loud enough to hear, "what the fucque?" That is how he picked Miami. He looks at me and says, At least at Miami I can roll my eyes. I cannot here."

Number 1 reason my son did not go to the USAFA to play lacrosse was the following. Cadet walks in and says we have created a new wing function--the diversity office and we are going to look at unconscious bias. My son says out loud enough to hear, "what the fucque?" That is how he picked Miami. He looks at me and says, At least at Miami I can roll my eyes. I cannot here."

I can sympathize.

I don’t want to get into too much detail, but a civilian analogy is: a close relative in medical school had to attend an all day seminar on appropriate pronoun usage and gender bias. It was mandatory. Then they spent half the time lecturing them and talking down to them, telling them that even if they don’t consciously discriminate against any of the variety of flavors that are getting thrown about now, that they were biased anyway.

Even the medical students were rolling their eyes.

Back to your post, I’m concerned about some of the things that are happening in the military today, I’m not even gonna lie.

Missing the point. Athletics and football generate a positive margin. The school in the past has relied on this to support the overall academic institution. Based on current financial performance that is not an issue. There is flexibility to properly invest in the football team should the people in charge choose to prioritize football. Bottom line, the school being broke is not longer the easy out when it comes to spending on a coach etc.

Bumping this thread because I had a chance to speak to a Trustee today, not regarding football specifically, but he did mentioned that the University is changing the way they approach business. The mentality has always been what can we do with limited resources and the thinking is now we have plenty of money and we are going to be aggressive in spending as a university. This ties to what we hear to those that have conversations specific to football.

Advertisement
Bumping this thread because I had a chance to speak to a Trustee today, not regarding football specifically, but he did mentioned that the University is changing the way they approach business. The mentality has always been what can we do with limited resources and the thinking is now we have plenty of money and we are going to be aggressive in spending as a university. This ties to what we hear to those that have conversations specific to football.
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Advertisement
Back