University of Miami FY2021 Financials (We aren’t broke)

Advertisement
seinfeld newman GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
How much of that 432 million isn't earmarked or tied up in ways that the athletic department can't access? Once again, no school, NO SCHOOL funds their athletic department through the general fund, and it be an optimal arrangement. In most cases, schools that have to do it see it as a temporary arrangement. Keep in mind, the last time the University of Miami had to heavily subsidize the athletic department, the school came close to ditching football.

I don't understand what's so incredibly difficult about understanding how things work in collegiate athletic departments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol if anyone actually thinks UM.... One of the best medical and musical arts schools in the nation...is broke..... Lol yeah man. They clearly just don't care about sports.
NO ONE SAID THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI. AS AN ENTITY IS BROKE. Amazing that our fans come up with these dumbass narratives, then again our typical fan has never been on campus so I'm not shocked.

WHAT WE ARE SAYING IS THAT THE UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT DOESN'T HAVE A BOTTOMLESS BUDGET. WHY? BECAUSE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENTS ARE FUNDED BY A MIX OF DONATIONS AND REVENUE FROM THE DEPARTMENT ITSELF. Miami, like every other school in the country, does not fund their athletic department from the general fund(Outside of salaries, and even that is a result of revenue drawn in). Thanks to Miami not having a huge donor pool, thanks to being a small private institution, the budget has to managed. This is WHY having a quality AD matters.

How much of that 432 million isn't earmarked or tied up in ways that the athletic department can't access? Once again, no school NO SCHOOL funds their athletic department through the general fund. I don't understand what's so incredibly difficult about understanding that concept.
You show your ignorance with statements like this.

MOST schools supplement their athletic budget through the schools general fund.

2 second google search ****-for-brains:

You Lose Good Day GIF

Advertisement

You Lose Good Day GIF
I’m not sure you understand what you posted.

The article is pointing out that it’s a BAD thing when athletic departments have to be subsidized by the general university budget. No school wants to do that. They want the athletic department to support itself.

I must miss the countless posts “Dude who says we’re broke or don’t have money “ is constantly dropping here.

He must be the same guy still defending Manny and the administration some here are always ripping .

You Lose Good Day GIF
Not as much as you think. In almost all cases it is to cover athletic department deficits and/or in some cases to fund Title IX programs with student fees, etc. The NCAA definitely has restrictions behind it as well. See link below.

NCAA Finance Article

Advertisement
Back