Univ. of Cincinnati Shuts down Men's Soccer Program

Lmao !!! The picked the five black in Atlanta. Like the white lady at the Million Man March interviewing the dirtiest black male she can find. Please Georgia/Atlanta is football heavy basketball #2. I think baseball for blacks is higher in Georgia. Didn't the twins draft the black guy like 4 years ago Byron Buxton number 1. I am crying over her. I needed the laugh. Like Freddy Adu in DC was supposed to get black kids playing more soccer. Tears...

Advertisement
They will just call it something else. MLS will have their group. USL will have their group ECNL will have their group ODP will have their group etc etc.

I think we both can agree that until everyone can play for free things won’t change. Until the best athletes come over to soccer things won’t change.
I’d int think you have to have 4.2 or a 40 inch very to he a great soccer player. But athletics obviously help a lot. Messi is barely 5’8 and dominates everyone.
ECNL actually encourages kids to play at middle and high school teams unlike the academies. The key to US soccer is to reach kids at the u10 level from the lower income demographic. Idc if they’re black white asian or Hispanic. You need to expand the talent pool of young kids and you will get the results. As long as this continues to be a middle And upper class sport there will be no improvement in the results. And as long as the mls pays poorly there will also be no improvement.

I’d int think you have to have 4.2 or a 40 inch very to he a great soccer player. But athletics obviously help a lot. Messi is barely 5’8 and dominates everyone.
ECNL actually encourages kids to play at middle and high school teams unlike the academies. The key to US soccer is to reach kids at the u10 level from the lower income demographic. Idc if they’re black white asian or Hispanic. You need to expand the talent pool of young kids and you will get the results. As long as this continues to be a middle And upper class sport there will be no improvement in the results. And as long as the mls pays poorly there will also be no improvement.

I don’t think high school soccer is going to make this country good in soccer but you do need to get athletes that normally couldn’t afford to play a chance and learn.

I don’t think high school soccer is going to make this country good in soccer but you do need to get athletes that normally couldn’t afford to play a chance and learn.

That I can agree with. High school soccer isnt making or breaking anything. Its just a chance for these kids to show their peers the craft that they've put years and years of work into. Kids love playing high school ball in front of their friends and the girls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We made every World Cup since 86 with high school kids. And the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a us squad was 2 years ago when they couldn’t beat 2 teams ranked outside the fop 60 teams in the world to make the World Cup. Junior high and high school dramatically increases the number of kids playing and allows them to play everyday. There is this notion that every professional player has been playing competitive soccer since 5 years old and that’s not the case at all. YouTube has been full of all these “wonder kids” at 8 years old ballin for over 10 years and barely any of them ever make any noise at all. You never know what 10 or 11 year old picks up a ball and just goes hard everyday cause he found something he really loves and just wills himself to become a great player. That happens all over the world and can happen here. Maybe I’m biased cause there are so many kids down here that play. But the number of youth rec soccer players all over America say that this is the fact everywhere else in the country.
My personal opinion is that the academy system put an end to where we could’ve been now if kids would’ve looked forward to trying out for their jr high teams. That’s a JV and a varsity soccer team for every jr high school. That number would make the academy and travel soccer numbers look like a drop in the pond. Instead we focused on this play for pay system that killed any momentum we had when it comes to finding talent. Now we have the popularity of soccer at an all time high but talent in the men’s national team at an all time low. Pulisic being e exception.

Last edited:
We made every World Cup since 86 with high school kids. And the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a us squad was 2 years ago when they couldn’t beat 2 teams ranked outside the fop 60 teams in the world to make the World Cup. Junior high and high school dramatically increases the number of kids playing and allows them to play everyday. There is this notion that every professional player has been playing competitive soccer since 5 years old and that’s not the case at all. YouTube has been full of all these “wonder kids” at 8 years old ballin for over 10 years and barely any of them ever make any noise at all. You never know what 10 or 11 year old picks up a ball and just goes hard everyday cause he found something he really loves and just wills himself to become a great player. That happens all over the world and can happen here. Maybe I’m biased cause there are so many kids down here that play. But the number of youth rec soccer players all over America say that this is the fact everywhere else in the country.
My personal opinion is that the academy system put an end to where we could’ve been now if kids would’ve looked forward to trying out for their jr high teams. That’s a JV and a varsity soccer team for every high school. That number would make the academy and travel soccer numbers look like a drop in the pond. Instead we focused on this play for pay system that killed any momentum we had when it comes to finding talent. Now we have the popularity of soccer at an all time high but talent in the men’s national team at an all time low. Pulisic being e exception.

Playing everyday doesn’t make you good. Playing against **** competition does nothing for your game. Good coaching and good competition make you better.

The MLS farm system is about to take most of the top kids and ECNL is going to swoop in and take a good bit of academy teams.

Making these leagues free is what is going to make us turn the corner not some crap a$$ high school team on a **** field with a coach that teaches basic math for a living.

Advertisement
Playing everyday doesn’t make you good. Playing against **** competition does nothing for your game. Good coaching and good competition make you better.

The MLS farm system is about to take most of the top kids and ECNL is going to swoop in and take a good bit of academy teams.

Making these leagues free is what is going to make us turn the corner not some crap a$$ high school team on a **** field with a coach that teaches basic math for a living.
What you just said echoes the academy and travel soccer mentality of competition and coaching that got us to the current shty *** status quo of entitled soccer players that complain about bad fields while South American kids are playing barefoot, uphill on asphalt full of potholes. The local teams play futsal on basketball courts and the better players play on dirt with hand me down cleats and equipment. Only the best of the best get called to play (for free) on good grass with new boots and uniforms (again for free) if they’ve proven they can be the best players form what’s left of the poor and the rich and everyone in between. I’m 48 and my kid is 8. I’ve played in high school In the 80’s and I’ve been following youth soccer here for a while. The academy kids are spoiled and entitled and think their sht don’t stink cause they can wear their academy gear all over town and tell stories about how they played in some tournament in Brazil or Europe. The parents all think their kid is the next Messi. The system is full of entitled kids who’s parents even pay for private lessons and it still hasn’t worked. You need numbers and eventually you’ll find the talent.
Your right, the mls and the ECNL are already gonna take all those clubs and nothing will change. I will say this. The level of play at the u10 level all over this country right now is pretty **** good. My kid not included he’s struggling to stay on the team.
When I see the 14 year olds play and then watch the level of 8-10 year olds I can assure you that they will be leaps ahead of What we have now in this country but idk of it will be enough.
Yes, playing good competition helps. But the travel and academy teams aren’t all that competitive if all you have are kids that could pay. Ive seen kids that can play in any travel team down here but the parents can’t pay and work a lot to make ends meet and can’t take them to practice. A school team would be perfect for tons of kids that fit that description. Trust me,there are tons of kids like that in this country that in the past would be playing against all the travel and academy kids but they would be playing with or against them in school. So at the youth level there are likely thousands of kids that could bench travel team players and we don’t know about it and aren’t developing them.

What you just said echoes the academy and travel soccer mentality of competition and coaching that got us to the current shty *** status quo of entitled soccer players that complain about bad fields while South American kids are playing barefoot, uphill on asphalt full of potholes. The local teams play futsal on basketball courts and the better players play on dirt with hand me down cleats and equipment. Only the best of the best get called to play (for free) on good grass with new boots and uniforms (again for free) if they’ve proven they can be the best players form what’s left of the poor and the rich and everyone in between. I’m 48 and my kid is 8. I’ve played in high school In the 80’s and I’ve been following youth soccer here for a while. The academy kids are spoiled and entitled and think their sht don’t stink cause they can wear their academy gear all over town and tell stories about how they played in some tournament in Brazil or Europe. The parents all think their kid is the next Messi. The system is full of entitled kids who’s parents even pay for private lessons and it still hasn’t worked. You need numbers and eventually you’ll find the talent.
Your right, the mls and the ECNL are already gonna take all those clubs and nothing will change. I will say this. The level of play at the u10 level all over this country right now is pretty **** good. My kid not included he’s struggling to stay on the team.
When I see the 14 year olds play and then watch the level of 8-10 year olds I can assure you that they will be leaps ahead of What we have now in this country but idk of it will be enough.
Yes, playing good competition helps. But the travel and academy teams aren’t all that competitive if all you have are kids that could pay. Ive seen kids that can play in any travel team down here but the parents can’t pay and work a lot to make ends meet and can’t take them to practice. A school team would be perfect for tons of kids that fit that description. Trust me,there are tons of kids like that in this country that in the past would be playing against all the travel and academy kids but they would be playing with or against them in school. So at the youth level there are likely thousands of kids that could bench travel team players and we don’t know about it and aren’t developing them.

Im going to be honest I didn’t read any of that.

Lmao !!! The picked the five black in Atlanta. Like the white lady at the Million Man March interviewing the dirtiest black male she can find. Please Georgia/Atlanta is football heavy basketball #2. I think baseball for blacks is higher in Georgia. Didn't the twins draft the black guy like 4 years ago Byron Buxton number 1. I am crying over her. I needed the laugh. Like Freddy Adu in DC was supposed to get black kids playing more soccer. Tears...
No where in the video did it say soccer number 1 in ATL. But regularly packing a stadium for 70k + in atl for soccer is a big deal.
If you would’ve told me that 20 years ago I would be loling just like you.

Advertisement

Have you ever seen this documentary? Playing local pick up games everyday. Playing with shoes from you’re older brother that were too big so you stuffed newspaper to make them fit. Playing on dirt fields and on basketball courts. Living in a drug filled neighborhood where kids that were good but didn’t make it out do to drugs and crime.

Have you ever seen this documentary? Playing local pick up games everyday. Playing with shoes from you’re older brother that were too big so you stuffed newspaper to make them fit. Playing on dirt fields and on basketball courts. Living in a drug filled neighborhood where kids that were good but didn’t make it out do to drugs and crime.

Yea most of those kids you describe play football. You nor I or even your kids will ever see the US win a World Cup. Just deal with it and move on. Stop acting like you can change the whole system which has been broke for half a century.

Honestly both my kids are out of college and done with soccer so I really don’t give a fck about soccer. The US is better in football and no other sport even matters.

PS. I would never get that hour back if I watched that documentary.

Advertisement
Back