Unity?

fraggle

Senile Senior
I've been watching youtubes of our historic teams and the most obvious reason for success was unity. That unity was solid for anyone with the U on their helmet. JJ was expert at bringing that out. If the offense failed the defense said Okay, no problem we will get the ball back, if the defense allowed a score the offense knew they would score themselves. No one wanted to let any teammate down.
Looking at our recent history under Golden we had an offense but sucko defense, now under Diaz that's been flipped where the defense is performing and the offense being horrible. Psychologically I wonder if the current defense is so frustrated with the offense that it has created a rift that is destroying our us against the world unity that was so prevalent with our great teams.
In not just football but on all levels of life when a TEAM has everyone on board and striving for success accomplishments happen. We have talent and I hope these changes in offensive philosophy solve that rift. My fear is that a new offense doesn't take off from the first live action even though it appears to be the right direction.
JJ was skilled at creating teamwork, I hope and pray Diaz realizes that anyone with the U on their helmet needs to be 100 percent behind the ENTIRE team. The current Hurricanes appear to have internal problems that only those close to the program can recognize.
During my working career I worked where finger pointing happened but also worked with units that no one ever pointed a finger, we just solved any problems and moved on. Burying the past was the best way to accomplish tasks. I wonder if my speculation is on point if the defense is so upset with the offense that rifts are created?

Advertisement
not reading. just call the justice brothers, jessie "I aint gots no baby mommas" and al "there is a bigfoot" sharpton.

source.gif

Advertisement
I remember Harley during an interview when he was asked about Dallas and the other Georgia players and he said something like “oh yeah we like them their just a different bread” and smd asked him “ what do you mean by that? “Nothing bad or anything their just different than we are”
That sht was a big red flag for me. If players are forming geographic clicks the sht needs to stop.
If players are sending out highlights after a loss that isn’t team work. If I was in a team that lost and someone sent out a highlight it wouldn’t sit well. It’s just shows how you only care about yourself.
cant have the west coast players not vining with Florida players. Can’t have the New York guys doing their thing without the rest of the team.

Advertisement
I've been watching youtubes of our historic teams and the most obvious reason for success was unity. That unity was solid for anyone with the U on their helmet. JJ was expert at bringing that out. If the offense failed the defense said Okay, no problem we will get the ball back, if the defense allowed a score the offense knew they would score themselves. No one wanted to let any teammate down.
Looking at our recent history under Golden we had an offense but sucko defense, now under Diaz that's been flipped where the defense is performing and the offense being horrible. Psychologically I wonder if the current defense is so frustrated with the offense that it has created a rift that is destroying our us against the world unity that was so prevalent with our great teams.
In not just football but on all levels of life when a TEAM has everyone on board and striving for success accomplishments happen. We have talent and I hope these changes in offensive philosophy solve that rift. My fear is that a new offense doesn't take off from the first live action even though it appears to be the right direction.
JJ was skilled at creating teamwork, I hope and pray Diaz realizes that anyone with the U on their helmet needs to be 100 percent behind the ENTIRE team. The current Hurricanes appear to have internal problems that only those close to the program can recognize.
During my working career I worked where finger pointing happened but also worked with units that no one ever pointed a finger, we just solved any problems and moved on. Burying the past was the best way to accomplish tasks. I wonder if my speculation is on point if the defense is so upset with the offense that rifts are created?

You are definitely right about jj, but the thing with jj is, he knew how to lead men, why, because he was a goon himself. Guys knew with jimmy, he was all about his players, this is where coach diaz is starting off wrong, he phucked up starting jw15's soft minded ***, no real UM headcoach would've played jw15 or allowed him to be the face of UM until or unless he changed that hoe *** mindset, coach richt was getting ready to dog walk jw15 for that transfer tatic he tried to pull, you dont put a guy in charge like that who's not all in, that's part of the culture problem. Than to make mattere worst, this man diaz started amping up transfer tate and giving him playing time, FOR WHAT, you cant play silly games like that, players see right thru that bullshat, and coach diaz knows he lost alot of team credibility with that move. So he's way behind in the team unity dept. Next, do we have coaches that really are all in with UM. In our dominant years, that never was a question, didnt matter for the most part what headcoach came or went, the culture was gone be in place no matter what, cause we were gone do 3 **** thangs, PLAY smothering DEFENSE, run the ball, and than BOMB YO ***. Once the troll became president, the killa instinct the football program use to have, almost immediately went out the window.

That was my biggest problem with dumb *** uncle fester, always throttling down the team from dominating opponents. And the epitome came in the championship game against Nebraska, how TF we up 34 to nothing at the half, and end the game with 37 points, i use to want to slap the **** outta skelator the whole year for that weak ****, plus he would never play the 2nd or 3rd stringers in blowouts so they could gain experience, the demise of the UM culture as we knew began with the troll and fester. Than the ultimate blow came after the peach bowl, and i said than, we wont see UM football again unless we got UM/Miami type coaches. With that being said, i posted this is another thread in your regards to offense talk:

Messages3,108
Monday at 7:15 PM
Add bookmark
Rellyrell said:
So my ? is again, is it the players or our player development. I don’t disagree w u, but to go from what was known as QBU to wasting touted QB after touted QB since 2004.....I mean, I dunno
I posted this earlier, this will give you more of an idea and coincide with your player development question:

They won 2 rings because of charlie strong and that defense, this has been Miami's problem since 2004, one of the main ones:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2009-2010 whip non-appeal
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

This ladies and gentlemen where TF were we going with these oc's, the last at least had balls but were to finess. Had they given coach shannon the resources to get trestman or dirk in here, we would've been getting a whole lot closer to UM football, we havent had no stability on the offensive coaching staff since 2003. And coach diaz is already floundering around with that oc spot. You not gone get many Miami caliber offensive weapons withose type oc's, with the exception of james coley who definitely was the best recruiter/oc we had during that stretch.

Manny was not lying that the culture needed to change. Need it to change so better players will want to come. It is about better players pushing each other. If you are clearly better and you skip a day or 2 of practice trying to get over your drama then that clearly does not help the team. If you have guys just as good as you and you pull that crap and get dropped, other players are going to handle their stuff with out the drama.

Make no mistake, we have to get better players

Advertisement
I believe Ed Reed has been speaking to this issue. Definitely get where you are coming from.

OP said " I hope and pray Diaz realizes that anyone with the U on their helmet needs to be 100 percent behind the ENTIRE team."

I think this is clear to everyone.

Advertisement
I remember Harley during an interview when he was asked about Dallas and the other Georgia players and he said something like “oh yeah we like them their just a different bread” and smd asked him “ what do you mean by that? “Nothing bad or anything their just different than we are”
That sht was a big red flag for me. If players are forming geographic clicks the sht needs to stop.
If players are sending out highlights after a loss that isn’t team work. If I was in a team that lost and someone sent out a highlight it wouldn’t sit well. It’s just shows how you only care about yourself.
cant have the west coast players not vining with Florida players. Can’t have the New York guys doing their thing without the rest of the team.

You are definitely right about jj, but the thing with jj is, he knew how to lead men, why, because he was a goon himself. Guys knew with jimmy, he was all about his players, this is where coach diaz is starting off wrong, he phucked up starting jw15's soft minded ***, no real UM headcoach would've played jw15 or allowed him to be the face of UM until or unless he changed that hoe *** mindset, coach richt was getting ready to dog walk jw15 for that transfer tatic he tried to pull, you dont put a guy in charge like that who's not all in, that's part of the culture problem. Than to make mattere worst, this man diaz started amping up transfer tate and giving him playing time, FOR WHAT, you cant play silly games like that, players see right thru that bullshat, and coach diaz knows he lost alot of team credibility with that move. So he's way behind in the team unity dept. Next, do we have coaches that really are all in with UM. In our dominant years, that never was a question, didnt matter for the most part what headcoach came or went, the culture was gone be in place no matter what, cause we were gone do 3 **** thangs, PLAY smothering DEFENSE, run the ball, and than BOMB YO ***. Once the troll became president, the killa instinct the football program use to have, almost immediately went out the window.

That was my biggest problem with dumb *** uncle fester, always throttling down the team from dominating opponents. And the epitome came in the championship game against Nebraska, how TF we up 34 to nothing at the half, and end the game with 37 points, i use to want to slap the **** outta skelator the whole year for that weak ****, plus he would never play the 2nd or 3rd stringers in blowouts so they could gain experience, the demise of the UM culture as we knew began with the troll and fester. Than the ultimate blow came after the peach bowl, and i said than, we wont see UM football again unless we got UM/Miami type coaches. With that being said, i posted this is another thread in your regards to offense talk:

Messages3,108
Monday at 7:15 PM
Add bookmark
Rellyrell said:
So my ? is again, is it the players or our player development. I don’t disagree w u, but to go from what was known as QBU to wasting touted QB after touted QB since 2004.....I mean, I dunno
I posted this earlier, this will give you more of an idea and coincide with your player development question:

They won 2 rings because of charlie strong and that defense, this has been Miami's problem since 2004, one of the main ones:

2004-2005 dan werner
2006 olson
2007-2008 patrick nix
2009-2010 whip non-appeal
2011-2012 jedd fisch
2013-2015 james coley

This ladies and gentlemen where TF were we going with these oc's, the last at least had balls but were to finess. Had they given coach shannon the resources to get trestman or dirk in here, we would've been getting a whole lot closer to UM football, we havent had no stability on the offensive coaching staff since 2003. And coach diaz is already floundering around with that oc spot. You not gone get many Miami caliber offensive weapons withose type oc's, with the exception of james coley who definitely was the best recruiter/oc we had during that stretch.

I AGREE 100%

We won't see UM type football again ....until we get UM/Miami type coaches

I'm still waiting for that to happen again...... because it's still NOT here yet

JJ et al were leaders.....to date Manny has only proven to be just a herder......a herder of feral cats

As a fan, and as usual...... I'll continue to hope for the best and wait.

Remember Dallas during that Duke game in the rain trying to will everyone and setting Th e example of playing till you can’t even stand. Trying to sit there and say I’m not letting my brothers down and I’m not losing to This sorry *** team in our house!!
How the fck can coaches look at that and not change a **** thing.
How could cmr see Bandy in tears and see how much he put out that season and not hire a **** offensive coordinator.
The brotherhood is from the top down.

At some point we need to quit harping about unity, culture, leaders, and all the other bro talk and just have guys go out and do their jobs. I doubt a receiver dropping a pass or a linebacker missing a tackle is because of unity.

Advertisement
Back