Uniforms

Advertisement
1598370079366.png

Advertisement
Those were fckn terrible... I’d rather see a Miami Vice uni than wearing us ever wearing those again.

Ummm; are u talking our actual throwbacks? Lol. I have zero issues w/ old school throwbacks being used on a one or two occasion. If those were just some random creation, I would agree....but I love teams honoring the past for a game or a historic moment.

Advertisement
Adidas needs to figure out the U on the collar which ends up looking like a W most of the time. They also need to make the jersey numbers thinner and a darker shade of green.

They took it upon themselves to change our color scheme. Did it right under everyone's nose too.

2705876.jpg.jpg

LZMIDSAB6JEW7KX4IZOW5ZQHS4.jpg

They did the same thing with baseball.

The hats are supposed to be a darker green.

s-l300.jpg

Screenshot-20200127-160943_1024x.png

Finally, the shoulder pad issue. At least one Miami player has their shoulder pads pop out on each play.
So I kinda explained this; but it could be that Nike has a patent on our true colors, and Adidas has to best create the shades as close as possible. I know, I know...how can a company paten a color? Well, there’s slight hues that can and will be patented by a company once it becomes an exclusive outfitter. So if u notice, Adidas scheme for UDub is slightly lighter for their purple & the gold have a little more sheen to it. Y? B/c it could be (most likely) Nike began to patent colors as it outfitted UDub for decades.

It’s weird, but that’s how these companies get down in the apparel world. So I won’t blame Adidas too much for that if that’s the case (which knowing Nike’s rep, I believe it is)....but the material used for our jerseys, including our name plates, Adidas’ own logo, and our U on the collar being crooked is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:
The lighter green doesn't look bad but Nike adhered closer to the school's colors. Compare the current green with the green on the helmets. And for gods sakes fix the U on the collar. Sheesh.

337959.jpg.0.jpg

9510207.jpg
Like I just posted, aesthetically, Adidas can do better. Even their own logo is crooked. It very well could be they can’t help it b/c of the material they use which stretches. So the moment these jerseys are put on, with or w/o pads, it becomes unsymmetrical.

Nike has a flyknit across the collar area which held the neck/shoulder area in tact. There’s a reason why our player’s jerseys fall off the shoulder pads after each tackle since being w/ Adidas. We have to remember; Adidas’ bread & butter is the Euro sports world, where there’s little to no contact involved. They are just now starting to focus on the American market w/in the last 6/7 yrs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nike's quality has gone downhill. I couldn't get a pair that didn't click when I walked. Zion Williamson also might have an opinion about Nike's quality.

1598378080363.png

I thought Nike was horrid for us. These adidas unis are nice & simple. Plus, (I know huge shocker for the bombers in here) kids like adidas just as much or more then Nike currently.

Advertisement
Nike is a **** product. People like them for the hype and because they keep pumping out retro models. What the last line of great new sneaks they've come up with?
The specific retail shoes Nike had made for UM in the past were straight garbage.

Look at this horrible shlt:

CB79AA9C-7223-4546-8989-CF084115B9C6.jpeg

FBD84424-E756-4B8F-9828-3034BDECFCFD.jpeg

Adidas supports my university so I support Adidas, until they don’t. Simple as that.

Advertisement
Back