Unfortunate Injuries for Spring

Advertisement
They were probably already knicked up from HS, then once they got on campus they were medically evaluated & the staff decides to hold them out of Spring practices as a precautionary measure.

The thing is, a lot of times when they tell us it's not a big deal & they're just going to be out for a little while it usually ends up extending longer than expected.

If they're holding all these guys out in Spring I wouldn't be shocked if they missed time in Fall too, NOT SAYING they will, just saying that's how things often happen with injuries on this team. For whatever reason the initially reported small little injuries that shouldn't last long always seem to linger for months & months on end with this team.

It's something I've still yet to understand about the Richt/Diaz regime, the slightest injuries just never go away.

I'm wondering if the Flagg "injury" was the medical staff "cleaning up" that knee injury he had last fall. He played the last half of his season, including the state championship game where he won defensive MVP. And Redding was listed as "wrist". Maybe he injured that in the weight room ? Pretty sure he came on campus healthy. TAC, too. I think he had an injury during his season. Maybe precautionary or maybe another "clean up ' job.

I'd like to know what happened to Brevin. The foot is tough; lots of small bones. He must have fractured something. Or maybe injured the ligaments. Hopefully it's not Lisfranc injury- he's not in a boot right now though

Advertisement
The LB's we got for Spring are McCloud, Joyner & Huff, who knows if Steed can even play.

The young LB's are going to be behind on reps, they all needed the Spring.

Sucks for Redding & Chaney too... Seems like Miami always has the injury bug looming over us.

Happens to every school. We just don’t have depth.

With all the information we now have about who's available, here's a realistic-ish potential 2-deep for 2/29:

DE Roche | Harvey
DT Silvera | Blissett
DT Ford | Miller
DE Rousseau | Phillips
LB McCloud | Joyner
LB Huff | Alford (not sure of his health status)
ST Frierson | Ragone
CB Ivey | Williams
CB Blades | Couch
SS Carter | Smith
FS Hall | Washington

Advertisement
With Avantae, Harrell, Balom, Washington in the mix perhaps Keontra should get a look at LB and/or striker (in addition to Carter).

Bolden and Hall starters. Avantae, Harrell, Balom, Washington would be a young backup safety group but we need help at LB.
Smith is too small for a LB. I could see him at striker. I believe one of Harrell or Williams will start out at nickel/CB.

That would be optimal but I'm not sure we have the talent to allow that to happen. You also have to take into account the impact the faster pace of this offense will have have on player stamina next year. I anticipate needing all hands on deck next year in order to keep up..
If he’s not in better shape he won’t see the field with the new offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back