Underrated news.

* The “biggest blessing of the spring,” Richt said, was that no Hurricane was seriously hurt. “We had a couple guys got dinged up,” Richt said, “It looks like every player that we have will have a chance to be 100 percent and compete when fall camp opens,”.

from Matt Porter's If he can run Miami Hurricanes’ offense, freshman N’Kosi Perry could be the starting quarterback | Canes Watch

This is incredibly important, I don't remember the last season where we came in 100% ready in fall camp. Finally back to full scholarships and full health, should be incredibly beneficial to continue our successful momentum.

Advertisement
* The “biggest blessing of the spring,” Richt said, was that no Hurricane was seriously hurt. “We had a couple guys got dinged up,” Richt said, “It looks like every player that we have will have a chance to be 100 percent and compete when fall camp opens,”.

from Matt Porter's If he can run Miami Hurricanes’ offense, freshman N’Kosi Perry could be the starting quarterback | Canes Watch

This is incredibly important, I don't remember the last season where we came in 100% ready in fall camp. Finally back to full scholarships and full health, should be incredibly beneficial to continue our successful momentum.
Don't know if it's underrated as much as it falls under the "we don't talk or even mention this ****" category.

If anyone has reverse jinx powers, direct them at this article, please. Thanks in advance.

/thanks for the article share

Kaaya sold play-fakes well, but opposing teams soon realized his lower-body limitations, and decided the “run” part of Richt’s run-pass option plays wasn’t, well, an option. It was either hand it off to a running back, or throw it.

This is not necessarily correct. The run is the HANDOFF OPTION. It's NOT the read-option. Yes, some plays and teams use a third option for a QB run in the RPO. Not surprisingly, there is still massive confusion this concept:

Cager and Gray tore their **** running in a straight line during the month of July.

Expect a couple guys to drop between now and August thanks to vertical sea cow Gus Felder.

Advertisement
Cager and Gray tore their **** running in a straight line during the month of July.

Expect a couple guys to drop between now and August thanks to vertical sea cow Gus Felder.

Yu drunk posting???

Gus Feldser had been a blessing to us

Kaaya sold play-fakes well, but opposing teams soon realized his lower-body limitations, and decided the “run” part of Richt’s run-pass option plays wasn’t, well, an option. It was either hand it off to a running back, or throw it.

This is not necessarily correct. The run is the HANDOFF OPTION. It's NOT the read-option. Yes, some plays and teams use a third option for a QB run in the RPO. Not surprisingly, there is still massive confusion this concept:

What teams realized is that they were only facing a RPO, not a read option. For a defense, it would seem to be valuable info.

Advertisement

from Matt Porter's [URL="http://caneswatch.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2017/04/26/if

Im the reverse jinx king. We're going to have injuries it's inevitable. ;)

Yep. We're going to need our D to help out an inexperienced QB - whoever it turns out to be....

Hopefully Perry will be able to come in and take it over fairly quickly.....the other options sound less than stellar although I think Weldon will be fine in time....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year there are a handful of teams that end the season with zero injuries.

Washington St had zero injuries reported on their roster when they overachieved and beat us in the bowl game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every year there are a handful of teams that end the season with zero injuries.

Washington St had zero injuries reported on their roster when they overachieved and beat us in the bowl game.

Yu forgot we had golden squad as our staff, we were gonna lose regardless

Advertisement
Injuries are bound to happen, you just have to hope that it's not any starters & anything severe that puts anyone out for a long time.

Last edited:
Advertisement

People who don't get this yet are never going to, but I respect the fact you're still trying. I'm just gonna wait until our RPO thingy does include a QB run option, then pretend none of this ever happened.

I know we've been over this ad nausem but why would'nt coaches make every single RPO be a RB-QB-WR triple option?

Why intentionally limit yourself to only RB-WR when you don't have to? Seems very dogmatic/bullheaded or short sighted.

I'll hang up and listen.

ETA: Seriously [MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] [MENTION=5124]Coach Macho[/MENTION], Why would any smart coach intentionally limit their chances for success?

Last edited:

I know we've been over this ad nausem but why would'nt coaches make every single RPO be a RB-QB-WR triple option?

Why intentionally limit yourself to only RB-WR when you don't have to? Seems very dogmatic/bullheaded or short sighted.

I'll hang up and listen.

ETA: Seriously @LuCane @Coach Macho, Why would any smart coach intentionally limit their chances for success?
Because it's more complicated than just bypassing an extra option. You're balancing an RPO call and its elements with the rule of blockers downfield. So when you're designing the triple option version of an RPO play, you're also changing certain things with the execution. For example, I've seen Auburn and Clemson run an RPO play where there's a (1) fake/check to the RB, (2) QB begins to run, (3) then throws it outside to a WR. Auburn did this in the national championship game a few years ago. Deshaun Watson did this multiple times.

That pass option really just is an extension of the traditional pitch concept from a different initial set and run call. They also are probably optioning off of DE, which makes it look like a read-option play with a pass option tagged on. You see, the types of RPO we see in the NFL and in a lot of college teams are about making a quick decision on a defender who has to decide between pass coverage and run support. That defender is "hanging." If what you want at the end of that quick decision is the QB to run, what you're talking about is more like a scramble than a designed run.

There's a balance between pushing WRs downfield on RPOs and testing whether officials call illegal man downfield. More in college than in NFL, but still something to consider. The insane confusion stems from fans/media generally looking at an outcome of a play (e.g. QB run) instead of the function behind it. In other words, *what defender* is the target of the offense's "option." I still don't believe the RPO is the foundation for a good offense.

I'm a defense guy, but I think your inside run game is where everything should be rooted. Whether you're calling inside-zone or power plays, what scares me most as a defender is having an offense grind you to death. Therefore, even if you're running RPOs, that hanging defender is leaning forward heavily and supporting the run, which then opens the routes in his space. Adding another option on top of it is not as worrisome as just getting zipped with a quick slant pass. This is seemingly the inverse philosophy of Coach D'Onofrio and Golden while here, who seemed terrified and would passively allow offenses to march up and down the field as they protected from big plays and waited for mistakes.

Advertisement
Back