Under Armour Practice *Live*

decleated

Enabler
Administrator
dukemad.jpg

One of the best players on Duke Johnson's team is fellow UM commit Angelo Jean-Louis,who has been
arguably the top wide receiver on Team Black. "Angelo is looking very good out here," Johnson said.
"I was told he is going to play defensive back at Miami, but he has been an excellent receiver out here.
We are roommates and he has been a cool, funny dude. He has a great sense of humor and we have a great time together."

Duke also shared his thoughts on Miami quarterback commit Preston Dewey.
"Preston might be over-thinking things too much out here," Johnson said. "He just needs to play the way he plays.
When he calms down and gets settled, he will be ok and get it all together. Overall he is doing good."
When asked what player has impressed him most through the first two practices, Johnson named Detroit
Cass Tech cornerback Terry Richardson. "The guy that has been impressing me the most is Terry Richardson," Johnson said.
"As I watch him, he gets better with every rep and the receivers have a hard time getting open against him."

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless he goes the online route he has about 18 weeks of school left. Not much time.

online classes and night school does WONDERS.....if he has a solid act/sat...he may can pull the core gpa up...

Advertisement
So it is his GPA that is preventing him from getting in? Does anyone know how far off he is?

Just speculating here, but my guess is he is replacing or needing to replace a few Fs from his fridge year. Core gpa is what seem to get these kids. I do wonder how he will test act/sat.

Night school and oline will clean it up

Legget got it done but the clearinghouse hit him. AJL should be fine

NCAA looks at GPA in 16 core courses, plus test scores for initial freshman eligibility. If they passed the proposals of Oct 2011, it will close the online/night school catchup strategy by requiring that at least 10 of those core courses have to be completed before the start of your senior year.

Otherwise, the GPA and test score requirement of the NCAA are very, very low.

Advertisement
It appears that AJL has a January 20th visit date to UM. He's said that he will tentatively schedule back up visits to WVA for January 27th. i think the kid will be looking for a solid yes or no from UM on the 20th.

Just my guess.

It appears that AJL has a January 20th visit date to UM. He's said that he will tentatively schedule back up visits to WVA for January 27th. i think the kid will be looking for a solid yes or no from UM on the 20th.

Just my guess.

I'm seriously going to puke when he ends up a ******* Mountaineer.

Advertisement
Miami Norland's Randy "Duke" Johnson is the only player from the Sunshine State to be competing in the Under Armour Skills Challenge.

UA Live Practice will be on in a few minutes on ESPNU..

Steve Mariucci comments on UM recruits

Dewey, who hails from Austin, Texas, was bothered by a hip flexor injury in Tuesday’s practice and could hold him out of Thursday’s game.

“He hurt his hip flexor today,” Mariucci said. “Right now he’s a little concerned about that and playing in this game, but he was doing well.
He was throwing the ball well, it was a little windy today. Good kid, smart guy, can throw it. He just looked a little discouraged with that
guy because it’s been a nagging injury for him.”

Maricucci thinks very highly of Detmer and thinks his traits could trickle down to Dewey, whom Detmer coached for two seasons.
Detmer and Dewey possess similar mannerisms according to Mariucci.

Jean-Louis was held out of Tuesday’s practice, a day after making some impressive plays.
“He did some really good things (Monday),” Mariucci said. “Maybe we have another playmaker down there.
He’s a good kid, made some good catches, got some size to him, not a big, big kid, but has some good size.
Can get in and out of his breaks alright. He’s going to be a guy that contributes relatively early right away I think.”
There’s discussion from the UM staff about playing Jean-Louis at cornerback, but Mariucci likes what he sees from
him at wideout. “That would be a real good-sized corner, but I like him at receiver now.
That’s all I’ve been watching him as and I would try him at receiver first, have him score some touchdowns.”

**** tight hip flexors brings down another one.

First numero, now Dewey......

Just my guess.

I'm seriously going to puke when he ends up a ******* Mountaineer.

It's a ******* travesty that they can get any ******* player they want in school. It's difficult to compete when the playing field is not even, can't even keep recruits with questionable grades because there is another school that can get them in.

I don't want UM to change their requirements because this should be about education, but it seems schools should have to have similar entrance requirements.

Advertisement
Back