Under Armour Camp Recap

It’s a small private school. The kid might be going there to get help. Smaller class sizes, more attention. Do kids transfer to Columbus, Belen, LaSalle, Pace, Dade Christian or any other private schools bc they are grades schools?
Is Miami Christian as big as Columbus, Belen, etc? The answer is no. Like you said Miami Christian offers more help hence why it’s a grades school because it allows them to get that help. Don’t get so offended over that. It shows that the kid cares and he’s willing to take a lesser spotlight to improve his situation. It doesn’t mean anything towards the school.

Advertisement
The heck is McDougal Technical Institute – Miami Gardens, FL?
That smells of “ I don’t even have a 2.0” kind of school. Could be absolutely wrong there but that’s what it looks like.

I’m pretty sure Britt going to Miami Christian is more of a personal help with school thing.

That smells of “ I don’t even have a 2.0” kind of school. Could be absolutely wrong there but that’s what it looks like.

I’m pretty sure Britt going to Miami Christian is more of a personal help with school thing.
I get Miami Christian. Been around forever even when I was down there. Never heard of the other. Couldn't really find much online, but I didn't put in much effort.

Thanks!

Jones Bell and Rosemy have the big big dogs on them so I would go with them.

Those top 5 all will, and even further than that maybe...Just give it time. Robinson can leave UM for any school in America right now, regardless of what online interviews say. Let's hope he sticks, he looks like an animal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Elijah is tall and fast. Rosemy and Richards are receivers. It's really to see the difference when you see both live in person.

If you know what you are looking at...Aren't you like 17-18? I mean appreciate your hustle and work ethic, but you don't know the french and indian war is over when it comes to scouting. Plus you get emotionally involved with STA bias it seems like.

If you know what you are looking at...Aren't you like 17-18? I mean appreciate your hustle and work ethic, but you don't know the french and indian war is over when it comes to scouting. Plus you get emotionally involved with STA bias it seems like.
I think I have a pretty good eye for talent and I don't think my age changes that but if you disagree that's fine with me. You watch Rosemy and Canion and tell me who you think the better and more polished receiver is.

I think I have a pretty good eye for talent and I don't think my age changes that but if you disagree that's fine with me. You watch Rosemy and Canion and tell me who you think the better and more polished receiver is.

Fair enough. My point stands. And again thanks for the updates

Advertisement

You can have an eye all you want but you need understand growth potential. I don’t care who’s better now...I care about who’s going to be better 3 years from now.

Marcus right now until it changes is 6’1 180 running a 4.84 lasered. Sure he’s a great route runner and has great hands but route running at 4.84 can only take you so far but everybody he’ll be going against players in college will be faster than him and catch up. Just for reference so have a idea, Brevin at 250 ran 4.78.

Elijah is a 6’3 190 track kid who you can tell on tape without a verified time like Rosemy that’s he’s runnnig at minimum a high 4.4-4.5 time. He’s an average route runner up with above average hands and he actually averages more yards per reception than Marcus does.

So now that we broke it down, let’s get to the bigger picture

So WR 1 runs a 4.8 but is a great route runner with glue hands. I can teach somebody how to run routes all day long so I really look for from high school to college is if he’s knowledgeable on running routes, is aware of his surroundings, and gets up field. Here’s where the 4.8 comes in, is he getting up field and breaking away from people, making people miss, extending plays? No, he isn’t racking up yards like that. He’s most winning matchups with route running then out jumping people and when he does scamper away he’s always caught and never pulls away. That’s a very limited floor and ceiling as far as growth.

Now WR 2 is a 6’3 190 track kid so he’s not a strong kid but I know because he’s track kid that he’s not putting a lot of time in the weight room because of it meaning he’s nowhere near his ceiling or floor there weight wise or strength wise compared to WR 1. He’s an average route runner and I know his hands are good by the catches he makes in his videos. He appears to have a bit of wiggle, not much more or less than WR 1 but he definitely pulls away from people and has big play potential. I can also tell without verified times he’s running at very minimum 4.5.

Now since we’ve established that most of what 1 is better at I can teach 2 but most of what 2 is better at I can’t teach. So why should I take 1 if 2 has things I can’t teach that?

Look at it for yourself.

WR 2:

WR 1:

As I’m saying, talk to me about Marcus Rosemy if his 40 improves.

Last edited:
You can have an eye all you want but you need understand growth potential. I don’t care who’s better now...I care about who’s going to be better 3 years from now.

Marcus right now until it changes is 6’1 180 running a 4.84 lasered. Sure he’s a great route runner and has better hands now but route running at 4.84 can only take you so far but everybody he’ll be going against players in college will be faster than him and catch up. Just for reference so have a idea, Brevin at 250 ran 4.78.

Elijah is a 6’3 190 track kid who you can tell on tape without a verified time like Rosemy that’s he’s runnnig at minimum a high 4.4-4.5 time. He’s an average route runner up with above average hands and he actually averages more yards per reception than Marcus does.

So now that we broke it down, let’s get to the bigger picture

So WR 1 runs a 4.8 but is a great route runner with glue hands. I can teach somebody how to run routes all day long so I really look for from high school to college is if he’s knowledgeable on running routes, is aware of his surroundings, and gets up field. Here’s where the 4.8 comes in, is he getting up field and breaking away from people, making people miss, extending plays? No, he isn’t racking up yards like that. He’s most winning matchups with route running then out jumping people and when he does scamper away he’s always caught and never pulls away. That’s a very limited floor and ceiling as far as growth.

Now WR 2 is a 6’3 190 track kid so he’s not a strong kid but I know because he’s track kid that he’s not putting a lot of time in the weight room because of it meaning he’s nowhere near his ceiling or floor there weight wise or strength wise compared to WR 1. He’s an average route runner and I know his hands are good by the catches he makes in his videos. He appears to have a bit of wiggle, not much more or less than WR 1 but he definitely pulls away from people and has big play potential. I can also tell without verified times he’s running at very minimum 4.5.

Now since we’ve established that most of what 1 is better at I can teach 2 but most of what 2 is better at I can’t teach. So why should I take 1 if 2 has things I can’t teach that?

Look at it for yourself

Couple of things. For receivers your 40 time has almost no correlation to how good you will be. Go look at Lance Roffers article on athletic testing numbers. Second, Elijah does not have above average hands. Not even close. They are below average and probably his weakest quality. Also, there is a difference between track speed and football speed. Rosemy may run a 4.8 40 but he is faster than a 4.8 player when on the field. Also to say that Rosemy does not get away from people after the catch is ridiculous. I've seen him do it with speed and with power.

Let's get back to athletic testing numbers. I think the best quality for a receiver is the ability to change direction, not just have straight line speed. Rosemy can change direction very well (he ran a 4.34 shuttle) and this is what makes him such a good route runner. Elijah has no testing numbers that I could find but I am willing to bet that he can not change direction like Rosemy and will not have as good of a shuttle time.

Last point I want to make. Even if Elijah was a great route runner, he can't catch the football. He is just not naturally good at catching footballs. I wouldn't say that Rosemy has glue hands but he catches the ball more naturally than Canion. Far more naturally. To tell you the truth, I see Canion as nothing more than a faster Cager. Route running is hard to teach. When your legs are as long as Canion it is hard to change direction and stop and start which is what makes and elite receiver, not pure straight line speed.

Advertisement
Couple of things. For receivers your 40 time has almost no correlation to how good you will be. Go look at Lance Roffers article on athletic testing numbers. Second, Elijah does not have above average hands. Not even close. They are below average and probably his weakest quality. Also, there is a difference between track speed and football speed. Rosemy may run a 4.8 40 but he is faster than a 4.8 player when on the field. Also to say that Rosemy does not get away from people after the catch is ridiculous. I've seen him do it with speed and with power.

Let's get back to athletic testing numbers. I think the best quality for a receiver is the ability to change direction, not just have straight line speed. Rosemy can change direction very well (he ran a 4.34 shuttle) and this is what makes him such a good route runner. Elijah has no testing numbers that I could find but I am willing to bet that he can not change direction like Rosemy and will not have as good of a shuttle time.

Last point I want to make. Even if Elijah was a great route runner, he can't catch the football. He is just not naturally good at catching footballs. I wouldn't say that Rosemy has glue hands but he catches the ball more naturally than Canion. Far more naturally. To tell you the truth, I see Canion as nothing more than a faster Cager. Route running is hard to teach. When your legs are as long as Canion it is hard to change direction and stop and start which is what makes and elite receiver, not pure straight line speed.
One more point. Rosemy is a willing and capable blocker. Actually, he's more than capable. He is very good. In my memory from Chaminade games I don't remember Canion being a very good blocker. Sometimes with guys that tall they struggle with blocking because you have to get low and get leverage and they are so tall that it's difficult and unnatural.

No Rosemy can’t because if he could he would get away from people and he can’t. I’m not using a 40 time on how good he could be. I’m telling you Canion is twice the athlete kid. Just like I said Kelvin Harmon was a better athlete than Sam and Dionte were when I first came on this board when I was about 2 years older than you are now.

Also if your WR can’t teach somebody how to run a proper route than find a new WR coach but it’s not even a hard thing to teach a WR hence why WR is a recruiter position. Canion right now has a higher floor and ceiling and he’s not even the best WR we’re chasing. It’s Robinson, Fleming, and a coin flip of Jones - Bell and Henderson because it’s just on what you like.

Last edited:
One more point. Rosemy is a willing and capable blocker. Actually, he's more than capable. He is very good. In my memory from Chaminade games I don't remember Canion being a very good blocker. Sometimes with guys that tall they struggle with blocking because you have to get low and get leverage and they are so tall that it's difficult and unnatural.
I can teach that bro. Stop telling me a prospect isn’t good at something when I can teach them how to do it well. Ahmmon was far from a polished route runner and blocker but he was taught how to do them and did both of them well because of freaky athletic he was.

No Rosemy can’t because if he could he would get away from people and he can’t. I’m not using a 40 time on how good he could be. I’m telling Canion is twice the athlete kid. Just like I said Kelvin Harmon was a better athlete than Sam and Dionte were when I first came on this board when I was about 2 years older than you are now.

Also if your WR can’t teach somebody how to run a proper route than find a new WR coach but it’s not even a hard thing to teach a WR hence why WR is a recruiter position. Canion right now has a higher floor and ceiling and he’s not even the best WR we’re chasing. It’s Robinson, Fleming, and a coin flip of Jones - Bell and Henderson because it’s just on what you like.
Yes, Rosemy can get away from people. I've seen him do it. Look, some guys aren't built to be great route runners. Canion is one of those guys. He can't change direction well enough. Also, aside from straight line speed, how is Canion a better athlete? His 40 time may bring up his Sparq rating but as Lance's study shows that has nothing to do with wide receiver success. Look at what Edelman did last night. It's not about speed, its about route running, change of direction, and hands. 3 areas where Canion struggles. As for blocking, Dugans emphasized blocking excessively. Cager still couldn't block. I don't think that it was because of coaching or not wanting to, I think it is because some guys are just too tall and they can't get the proper leverage. I think Canion is the same way. Finally, you are now the second person today to bring up my age. I'm 19. No, I'm not old. So what? Saying I don't know because of my age is weak.

Advertisement
Back