UNC will tell us everything

Advertisement
This exact thread has been posted every week for the past 7 years.

I swear to God. Every weeks it's "this is the biggest game in years" blah blah

Its easy any game golden is suppose to win the team wins

Lville underdog we lose
Famu fav we win
Ark st fav we win
Nebraska heavy underdog we lose
Duke fav we win
Ga tech underdog we lose
Cincy fav we win
Va tech fav we win

Cant say it enough golden doesnt lose games were suppose to win.. The problem is he is he hasnt show the ability to win games were not supposed to

We will be favored in the next 3 out of 4 games

3-1 most likely

Advertisement
Its easy any game golden is suppose to win the team wins

Lville underdog we lose
Famu fav we win
Ark st fav we win
Nebraska heavy underdog we lose
Duke fav we win
Ga tech underdog we lose
Cincy fav we win
Va tech fav we win

Cant say it enough golden doesnt lose games were suppose to win.. The problem is he is he hasnt show the ability to win games were not supposed to

We will be favored in the next 3 out of 4 games

3-1 most likely

lol

Advertisement
UNC can move the football, but they have to have the worst defense in all of college football. This will be a track meet. If you like offensive football with no defense, this is your game.

Having said that, we have turned the corner. D'Ominant!

I don't think UNC is going to be the game that tells us what we need. It might give us some barometer, but FSU is the game that tells us anything. If we give them a decent game, maybe it means we've turned a corner. If not, then we are still a team with a lot of talent and not meeting expectations. We need to move past beating teams we should beat and start challenging truly competitive teams.
We need to stop playing for moral victories. In 2011, we gave FSU all they can handle. Its time Golden pulled a upset.

So beating a team (UNC) who lost to the team we just dominated (VT) by almost 20 points gives us a clear assessment of whether Golden goes or deserves to stay? **** that, he has no chance unless he beats FSU. Last time I checked the National Champs have looked quite vulnerable in more than just one game all season. They're not untouchable. **** even if we beat FSU I don't want these clowns to remain as our coaches.

Advertisement
It's not going to tell us anything. UNC sucks.

Well, it might tell us that we're an 8 win team as opposed to a 6 win team.

Advertisement
I'm guessing you haven't been paying attention for the last 4 seasons. At the end of the yr the teams we will have beaten will have a combined record of 40-56

So beating a team (UNC) who lost to the team we just dominated (VT) by almost 20 points gives us a clear assessment of whether Golden goes or deserves to stay? **** that, he has no chance unless he beats FSU. Last time I checked the National Champs have looked quite vulnerable in more than just one game all season. They're not untouchable. **** even if we beat FSU I don't want these clowns to remain as our coaches.

That's not the context of my OP and I should have been clearer in my thought process.

The reason I'm saying this is because this is typically a game that we lose. We've lost this game on NUMEROUS occasions over the past 10 years.

Georgia Tech in '05
Clemson in '09
UNC in '09
UVA in '10
VT last year
Duke last year

We've consistently followed good performances with unfocused, mistake-ridden efforts against sub-par competition. Beating the crap out of UNC would be a step in the right direction. The first step in becoming a National Championship caliber team is to beat the crap out of everyone that shouldn't be on the field with you. You have to definitively separate yourself form the also-rans and scrubs in the coastal. Then you move to playing with poise, having a solid plan, and solid execution in a big game against a team with similar or better talent than you. Beating UNC in dominating fashion would change my expectation about what will happen against FSU.

As of right now, I'm expecting us to lose to UNC and get blown by FSU. That's based on the evidence that Bunchy's tenure has provided to me thus far.

Dominating UNC would be accomplishing something that we haven't done in a long time.

And it also will be a window into whether or not we truly have a solid defense. Make no mistake UNC is absolutely PITIFUL defensively, but that offense is one of the best offenses in the country. They went into Notre Dame and put 43 on a defense that beat up FSU for a half. Us being able to slow down their offense would say the most about where we are.

Last edited:
I don't think UNC is going to be the game that tells us what we need. It might give us some barometer, but FSU is the game that tells us anything. If we give them a decent game, maybe it means we've turned a corner. If not, then we are still a team with a lot of talent and not meeting expectations. We need to move past beating teams we should beat and start challenging truly competitive teams.

I think what we stand to learn from this game more than anything is whether or not the staff has decided to really just trust the more aggressive style of play on defense. I'd love to see them stick with the ball control running stuff and create some long possessions.

Advertisement
Back