UNC-Wake Thread

Whether Manny is a too much “learning on the job” HC or was more than able from Day-1, few (if any) will face the reality of:
-the defensive players’ mental lapses on 4th and 17 coverage
-Jeff Thomas bad decision to catch that punt and then failing to cleanly field it
-JW failure to take the easy run-in rather than pass to Mallory (who dropped it)
-Baxa, Zion, Scaife errors, etc!
-ETC!

Means: Our Talent is overall not sufficient to cover non-stellar performance, poor prep or attitude or discipline, or anything else that means a mediocre team can beat us on any given day or night.

Blame Manny, Blame refs, Blame roster management and coaching staff, or whatever is pretty Lame when you fail to blame 7-5 WL talent for failing to go 11-1.

Advertisement
It's frustrating to look back at the UNC game because we clearly are the dominant team. Once we got our **** together, it was a different game.

But Manny did not have us prepared, so we were shell shocked early and fell down 17-3. That and awful special teams. It was his second game coaching, I'm willing to give him a pass. We need to see significant improvement over the rest of the season or I'll be concerned about Manny's ability as HC.

We need to not see the same mistakes again. Be ready for a football game an we roll games like UNC.

But perception does, and that directly correlates to recruiting.

But Manny is dope in the press conferences. Green tree all American coaching staff.
Why did you just completely change the subject to make a point? Anyways, perception can change. As it does all the time. That depends on how the rest of the season goes. It could get better or it could get worse.

And yes Manny has done good in press conferences. What he needs to do is start winning. I'm guessing you aren't a believer by your comment. Well I'm still on board for now.

Advertisement
UNC is awful. Wake Forest is a better team and they are not very good. We got UNC with 2 weeks to play after they beat their rival in an emotional game the week before. Literally everything we had going for us and then our incompetent coaching staff found a way to make sure we start 0-2

Advertisement
I’ve said it before and this is the worst coached Miami team in decades

Sadly, its not. Dicht's three years: Team showed up unprepared, unmotivated and flat almost without exception , Horrendous game coaching, playcalling, personnel, AND Dicht himself clearly packed it in each season (his yearly 4 game losing streaks), etc.

If Dicht was still HC this year, we lose to the Gaytas by 5 tds and to UNC by 3 TDS, and both games are over by the end of the 1st.

After watching the highlights of the UNC-Wake game, here are a few thoughts:

1) I saw tremendous desire to win by the Wake Forest players. Their roster has way less talent & speed than ours but they played harder against UNC & wanted to win more. They don't have guys like Brevin, Lingard, & Rousseau. They did however show tremendous desire to win

2) Their OL gave their QB time to throw & he played with moxy & confidence. The QB went after it. I think Jarren is a more talented passer & a better athlete. In time, I think he'll show that same level of confidence & moxy on the field. He's talented but simply needs more experience (and to be protected better by the OL)

3) We need to play more disciplined (fewer self-inflicted wounds like taunting penalties & false starts)

4) We had the talent to beat UNC by at least 10 points. We're underperforming relative to our talent level

Advertisement
Understand something about this site.

There is a certain sector of posters that are HARD CORE, FULL BLOWN, DON BAILEY JR WORSHIPING, *** KISSING APOLOGISTS.

"Everything is fine, stop overreacting"
"Coaching doesn't matter"
"The administration cares about football"
"True Cane fans don't fly banners"
"True Cane fans don't criticize"

You know, certified mindless retards.

That NC loss was a fireable offense to a coach that's on the hotseat. Luckily for Manny, and with the way our administration works, he'll first get his extension......and then after a few years of marination and underperformance....THEN a loss like this might lead to change.

And by change I mean another lazy, 5 minute lasting "national search" that ends with an in house hire or a guy on the decline of his career.
There's also a certain sector of posters on here who are HARD CORE, FULL BLOWN, WHINING *****.

They revel in the Canes being crap - it's become part of their identity. If Nick Saban doesn't walk through that door the coaching is inadequate and not good enough for them.

Advertisement
Not going to go back and read the entire thread. Can somebody post a sentence on how this is not a conference loss for UNC? Does it have to do with the fact that Wake is in a separate division?

After watching the highlights of the UNC-Wake game, here are a few thoughts:

1) I saw tremendous desire to win by the Wake Forest players. Their roster has way less talent & speed than ours but they played harder against UNC & wanted to win more. They don't have guys like Brevin, Lingard, & Rousseau. They did however show tremendous desire to win

2) Their OL gave their QB time to throw & he played with moxy & confidence. The QB went after it. I think Jarren is a more talented passer & a better athlete. In time, I think he'll show that same level of confidence & moxy on the field. He's talented but simply needs more experience (and to be protected better by the OL)

3) We need to play more disciplined (fewer self-inflicted wounds like taunting penalties & false starts)

4) We had the talent to beat UNC by at least 10 points. We're underperforming relative to our talent level

Thank you for this fair and well thought out post. I am so tired of the nasty, negative ranting that has gone on this week. Everyone was disappointed but the negative stuff has really gone off the deep end. This team is a work in progress, especially the offense. It seems a lot of Miami "fans" have forgotten that.

Not going to go back and read the entire thread. Can somebody post a sentence on how this is not a conference loss for UNC? Does it have to do with the fact that Wake is in a separate division?
They both already had 8 conference games scheduled by the ACC. The teams scheduled this game themselves so it doesn't count as a conference game.

Advertisement
Back