Tears UNC Tears

Advertisement
FWIW, I have a house in NC and have a lot of friends there, including a number of large UNC boosters, and while they are thrilled with what Mack has done with recruiting and reenergizing the program, they are not at all optimistic about winning the game.

And only fans wearing orange and green underwear would think we are good. 14 penalties and 10 sacks say that we are undisciplined and unprepared. Florida isn’t a top 10 team in any way, shape, or form either. We have to start freshmen’s on the OL because they are the best we have apparently. The line got no push on running plays and were worse in pass protection. Martell switched positions this week and somehow got more snaps than our “elite “ receivers. He must already be better than them or know the playbook better. How the **** did that happen? We might get better as the season progresses and I expect us to do so . Right now we aren’t very good and that’s putting it nicely. We have some good players but we have some liabilities too and football is a team sport last time I checked.
Many of those penalties were complete bullsh!t. But by all means continue.

It’s not an old argument as I realized last night, like everyone else, that they aren’t a top 10 team.
Reading comprehension is your friend you ******. I never said that we would lose. Never. I said it will be closer than you cheerleaders think it will be. Learn how to read before posting stupid crap. I hope we win by 100 but I doubt we will get any push to run the ball consistently this entire season.
You're basing that on the fact that we took them down to the wire.

Unbelievable that a fellow cane will disparage fellow fans. What's worse is he's using the same talking points and racist tropes as other fans which will reinforce the perception.

That article with the band director getting publicity even from our local newspaper doesn't help. When a fight happens that involves LSU fans is there an article dedicated to that?

Miami should embrace the diversity of our fans. You see UF or bama games and it's 95% white.

People make racist comments about our fans is crazy to me when they recruit that area so the fan you're talking about looks just like the recruit's uncle/cousin/father/etc.
I keep telling y'all many people here AINT Canes. Dude is lucky I don't mind this board because that would've bought him a permanent ban.

Advertisement
Many of those penalties were complete bullsh!t. But by all means continue.
I will continue. Many of them weren’t bull****. Were the 10 sacks and 16 tackles for a loss my imagination too? Post less.

Advertisement
LOL at this basketball school getting a thread, there not even worthy the only thing they have is Michael Jordan thats it
I love my Canes. Respectfully, as a kid raised in Chicago, MJ is huge for UNC basketball. Lawrence Taylor was a 4-time AA, twice 1st team and a 2-time Heisman runner-up. He is also in the conversation for greatest nfl LB/defensive player all time. The man deserves respect. He is as important to the history of the nfl as Ed Reed or Ray Lewis. Just a heads up.

Carolina fans are the worst in america. They are entitled for no reason, other than they believe they are the smartest people in the room. That school isn’t anything special academically or athletically
Absolutely not true academically, unless it's suffered severe declines in multiple departments over the years. I remember studying graduate department rankings in the Chronicle of Higher Education, the publication of the he American Council of Education. In political science, sociology, I think economics and history, UNC had best graduate departments in the South. Often higher rated than Duke. I wouldn't judge their football team shinanigans as representative of the rest of the school. I don't recall how their graduate departments in the sciences ranked.

I admit that was several decades ago. Maybe it has changed.

Now, maybe their rankings have declined in the last 2-3 decades. I would doubt that has happened. I remember their political science department was number one in the South, ahead of Duke and UVA, and in the top ten nationally.

Absolutely not true academically, unless it's suffered severe declines in multiple departments over the years. I remember studying graduate department rankings in the Chronicle of Higher Education, the publication of the he American Council of Education. In political science, sociology, I think economics and history, UNC had best graduate departments in the South. Often higher rated than Duke. I wouldn't judge their football team shinanigans as representative of the rest of the school. I don't recall how their graduate departments in the sciences ranked.

Now, maybe their rankings have declined in the last 2-3 decades. I would doubt that has happened. I remember their political science department was number one in the South, ahead of Duke and UVA, and in the top ten nationally.

Advertisement

Their graduate departments are great, but most of their undergrad schools aside form a few, aren’t top notch like they want you to believe. They have become a backup school for kids that couldn’t get into Wake.

If you were to tell and carolina student you go to ecu or state they would laugh at you. Little do they know if you apply early and have over a 3.5 in high school, which isn’t hard to do, you’re gonna get in more times than not.

I see it every day. Their is an attitude around that campus that they are the best thing since sliced bread and the fact is they aren’t. It’s a bubble that produces indoctrinated and entitled children.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back