UNC ranked 17 in the ap poll/ coaches poll

Let's hear it for Gene Chizik..... the announcers were sure being lap dogs for him on Sat. broadcast of Duke/NC. Never heard a word about Fedora who's apparently the head cheese? LMAO

Advertisement
weren't we talking about Clemson and cincy not playing anyone before us as well. I'm hoping for the best, but we our defensive staff I have no faith!!! Hope I'm wrong!

So UNC struggles against average teams. I'm not worried at all plus we get Artie back and we usually play teams well on the road.

Advertisement
Pretty simple to understand. This is still the team that al built- playing with more passion and life, but still what al built. For that reason, we can lose to anyone at any time. We should have stomped UVA, but had another 4th quarter nail biter. It's entirely possible that we'll whip UNC like we did last year, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if we lose. Or win, then lose to Gtech. Only running the table would be surprising.
The problem isn't so much the "team that Al built" as much as it is the coaches that Al hired. There is enough talent on this team to beat UNC but it will be tough to do with these two coordinators not putting them in a position to succeed.

Coaches are definitely the problem, but I don't think you can change the coaches and expect different results a week or two later. I don't know how long it takes for kids to stop doing things the old way and begin new, better habits but I suspect that we won't see much of it this season. I really hope I'm wrong, it would be nice to not expect a 4th quarter collapse each week. Seriously, my game feed went out just before the onside kick yesterday, and I couldn't escape the feeling I was going to spend the week reading stories about the poetic justice of Miami losing on a last second play.

I want us to win obviously, but with Coley and No D still calling the same horrible plays I don't see how we can win. We are probably more talented than UNC, but talent alone only goes so far when you have dumb and dumber.

They beat unc last year and was up 44-6 at one point in 2014. Unc returns everybody they had last year so it isn't anything new. Miami also shutdown marquise Williams when he was operating one of the most explosive offenses in the country

We beat Cincy last year too. How'd that turn out for us this season? This is a much improved UNC team and we are arguably worse than last year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back