UNC ranked 17 in the ap poll/ coaches poll

Advertisement
I want us to win obviously, but with Coley and No D still calling the same horrible plays I don't see how we can win. We are probably more talented than UNC, but talent alone only goes so far when you have dumb and dumber. That said, Go Canes!

I want us to win obviously, but with Coley and No D still calling the same horrible plays I don't see how we can win. We are probably more talented than UNC, but talent alone only goes so far when you have dumb and dumber.

They beat unc last year and was up 44-6 at one point in 2014. Unc returns everybody they had last year so it isn't anything new. Miami also shutdown marquise Williams when he was operating one of the most explosive offenses in the country

^ that's what I don't understand, we destroyed UNC last year. I realize we were far more talented and Chizik is an upgrade as DC but people on here are acting like UNC is some juggernaut we can't compete with. Definitely not saying we will win especially with our achilles being our coordinators but I think we'll give them a game

Advertisement
Pretty simple to understand. This is still the team that al built- playing with more passion and life, but still what al built. For that reason, we can lose to anyone at any time. We should have stomped UVA, but had another 4th quarter nail biter. It's entirely possible that we'll whip UNC like we did last year, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if we lose. Or win, then lose to Gtech. Only running the table would be surprising.

Pretty simple to understand. This is still the team that al built- playing with more passion and life, but still what al built. For that reason, we can lose to anyone at any time. We should have stomped UVA, but had another 4th quarter nail biter. It's entirely possible that we'll whip UNC like we did last year, but it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if we lose. Or win, then lose to Gtech. Only running the table would be surprising.
The problem isn't so much the "team that Al built" as much as it is the coaches that Al hired. There is enough talent on this team to beat UNC but it will be tough to do with these two coordinators not putting them in a position to succeed.

Advertisement
Doritos should've been fired, then fired again yesterday at halftime. Nobody should ever have to see his stupid face again, and after this season, they won't.

For now, we can only hope Scott tells fat-body to ride the bench and calls defense himself for the rest of the season.

I want us to win obviously, but with Coley and No D still calling the same horrible plays I don't see how we can win. We are probably more talented than UNC, but talent alone only goes so far when you have dumb and dumber.

They beat unc last year and was up 44-6 at one point in 2014. Unc returns everybody they had last year so it isn't anything new. Miami also shutdown marquise Williams when he was operating one of the most explosive offenses in the country

That was then, this is now. I think we get killed.

We have shot. Al is gone. One less coach for team to carry. For these kids I hope they win, but for the program 3 of 5 of the important things have happened. Golden is gone. Players have established they were not to blame. THE RETURN point a stake in the ground for the rebirth. Now Butch and beating noles.

Advertisement
How can we count Duke as a ranked team? Don't we have to wait to see if they finished ranked? Personally, I think Duke is a fraud.

Advertisement
Doritos should've been fired, then fired again yesterday at halftime. Nobody should ever have to see his stupid face again, and after this season, they won't.

For now, we can only hope Scott tells fat-body to ride the bench and calls defense himself for the rest of the season.

That and tell Coley if he calls one more screen pass, he's outta here too. Yesterday was insane with all the screen plays.

Williams has taken the next step, improved a lot. I don't see us stopping them much.

Hope I'm wrong

So far......
9/3 vs. South Carolina L 13 - 17
9/12 vs North Carolina A&T W 14 - 53
9/19 vs Illinois W 14 - 48
9/26 vs Delaware W 14 - 41
10/3 @ Georgia Tech W 38 - 31
10/17 vs Wake Forest W 14 - 50
10/24 vs Virginia W 13 - 26
10/29 @ Pittsburgh W 26 - 19
11/7 vs Duke W 31 - 66

Sorry, but color me unimpressed. I watched the Pitt game and parts of the Duke and Georgia Tech game.
I do NOT see a blow out. Half of that Duke score was because of us as that Duke team was demoralized.
I'd say we have a punchers chance

All we can do is swing away.

(And duct taping D'Onofrio and Coley to a post back at the Hecht while the team gets on the plane will give us another 14 points)

Advertisement
Back