UNC Offense vs FSU (2016)

So would Jarren. You turn on his highlights then watch trubisky and the only difference would be the skin color on some plays. Similar builds too.
Ehh that might be pushing it a little. 2nd overall pick that just took a team to the playoffs vs a RS freshman that has throws 3 college passes against savannah state. 3 years from now.. maybe.

Doesn’t mean much. Fedora had his best year when he had 2 elite RBs, 3 go to guys at WR, and a legit dual threat QB.

He’ll have all of that here in year 1, potential to add a grad transfer QB, and add in 3 TEs to play with and 4-5 potential RBs that he could mix up

Advertisement
Ehh that might be pushing it a little. 2nd overall pick that just took a team to the playoffs vs a RS freshman that has throws 3 college passes against savannah state. 3 years from now.. maybe.

Doesn’t mean much. Fedora had his best year when he had 2 elite RBs, 3 go to guys at WR, and a legit dual threat QB.

He’ll have all of that here in year 1, potential to add a grad transfer QB, and add in 3 TEs to play with and 4-5 potential RBs that he could mix up
I was referring to how he plays and what he’s good at more than any...not that he is Mitch Tribisky.

It actually might be a good idea for Fedora to push for that Tyree Jackson kid. Allows Jarren a full year to learn the system and only play in certain situations.

-jet sweeps
-lots of motion from QB & Rbs
- 5 wr sets
-diverse use of intermediate /short/long passes
-fast tempo

PERFECT

Trubisky was looking off DBs like a pro. no wonder he's having such success. Don't discount the importance of a competent trigger-man no matter what offense you run.

Advertisement
I was referring to how he plays and what he’s good at...not skill level.
Ya could be the same type of player. Could also be a Marquis Williams. More mobile than Trubisky and that’s when Fedora’s offense worked the best

Ya could be the same type of player. Could also be a Marquis Williams. More mobile than Trubisky and that’s when Fedora’s offense worked the best
Ehh idk...I think it’s a push there. I think the real question is if he can pick up his reads like Mitch and even Marquise. Hence why I edited it up top and said it’ll probably be a really good idea to go after Tyree Jackson and let Jarren learn this O and play him at certain times...Mitch and Marquise were both upperclassmen when they took over.

actually you are making a good point. Weldon might be the perfect QB in an offense like that. something to think about
Saying we need a good OC is an understatement. Before the UF game we need tons of (lost time) work with Williams, Perry and Weldon with a new playbook. A shiit load of work is needed.

Advertisement
Saying we need a good OC is an understatement. Before the UF game we need tons of (lost time) work with Williams, Perry and Weldon with a new playbook. A shiit load of work is needed.
you got that right GK .... these kids are way behind where they should be

Wow, I may pass out watching all of these pre-snap motions.
LOL.
Good find MD.
I was also impressed with their effort in the 2015 ACC Championship where they were outmanned in talent, but
found ways to score.

thanks Med. i thought people might enjoy watching a preview of what might be the Canes new offense

actually you are making a good point. Weldon might be the perfect QB in an offense like that. something to think about

Might be - the QB's going to have to make decisions pretty quick out there with this new system. And it apparently won't be the same thing from week to week.

Whoever - they're going to have to be pretty smart, pretty quick, and make good decision.

Advertisement
Wait, so u mean we can’t clap along with our QB anymore? Tf?!

I hope you got all you wanted of that stuff - probably not ever going to see that again - at UM.

All that clapping reminded me of a past coach of ours - if I could just remember . . .

Advertisement
Back