UNC Greensboro Game

Advertisement
Am I wrong in that analysis? We shot horribly against Lafayette -- from the floor, from behind the arc, and at the FT line.
It’s 1 game in . Calm your ****. I kid I kid. But you should probably pump the breaks on the negativity right out the gate bro. This team looks good once again. I think it’s going to be another fun season if we stay healthy. I’m stoked that Wong decided to stick around.

Really liked the way we played tonight...

Had a really good shooting night absolutely filling it up from 3 shooting 48% & 53% from the floor.

We out rebounded them by 6 & particularly on the Defensive boards & played good overall team Defense once again.

We had 3 double digit scorers in Miller, Wong & Pack & Miller had a fantastic game with 19 & 7 shooting 66% from the floor.

Omier is already tied for 2nd in the nation in Rebounding (obviously it’s just 2 games lol) but this kid will easily lead the ACC in rebounds, he’s an absolute Glass cleaner & owns the paint on the Boards. That will be a huge component for us this year considering we didn’t have anywhere near as good a rebounder on last year’s squad.

Really like the way we’ve been coming out in the 2nd half of these games, I actually prefer to be a 2nd half team rather than empty the whole mag in the 1st half.

We turned the ball over too much, but that’s more of a ebbs & flows kinda thing.

If we can get performances like this from guys like Wooga, Miller, Beverly & Joseph on a regular basis in conjunction with Omier, Wong & Pack, we’re gonna be a tough team to beat come January & on.
Only thing Norchard needs to be aware of is how important it is that he not get in foul trouble. He's such a key guy on both ends around the glass.

Looks like we have a solid 8 in the rotation currently and maybe can get to 9 or 10 with Casey/Aire as the season goes on. That’s pretty good depth.

I think this team has a chance to be really good. Give L a month to get everybody settled in and watch out from there.

Advertisement
Pack & Wong getting ready to make some noise!! What a dynamic back court!
I love it that we finally have some depth. Coach L has put together a nice squad once again. You know the team will be well coached. We just need the boys to stay healthy and The Canes will make some noise once again this year!

I find it rather amusing that this Canes squad is getting zero love from the pollsters. Especially coming off an Elite 8 appearance with some key players from that team returning.

Coach L gonna have these fools eating crow once again!!

I guess I could have posted something like "I sure hope we win." More palatable?

A bad loss in November is as impactful on Tourney selection, maybe moreso, than losses later on. My point was and is that UNC-G is better on paper than Lafayette, who we struggled more than a little bit with. Hopefully, L has our guys playing a lot better tomorrow night.

How did we do?

Only thing Norchard needs to be aware of is how important it is that he not get in foul trouble. He's such a key guy on both ends around the glass.
That’s true, but that’s not necessarily in his control.

It seems there’s an addendum put out by ACC refs to be overly quick with the whistle & call any ticky tack foul they can on him. There are players I’ve seen get away with much more physical play & never get as many fouls called on them.

Last edited:

It seems there’s an addendum put out by ACC refs to be overly quick with the whistle & call any ticky tack foul they can on him. There are players I’ve seen get away with much more physical play & never get as many fouls called on them.
Only two games in? Pretty quick judgement and action taken by refs.

Advertisement

There surely must be some folks who dont like seeing Miami basketball thrive like other regularly topranked teams, and one way to do that is to tack abundant fouls on the "scramble" that brought a fair degree of defensive success. It seemed like the word had gone out in the Kansas game.

Casey hardly breathed on the guy yesterday and was called, and the announcers mentioned several other questionable calls that "could have gone either way". Of course we been screaming "tobacco refs" for years, but i wasn't convinced it was as awful as made out. When i go to an FSU game with the family here near Tally, those fans complain just as much on the other side of the coin...

...but im really feeling now we may be "targeted" and thats going to make it a long season possibly.

There surely must be some folks who dont like seeing Miami basketball thrive like other regularly topranked teams, and one way to do that is to tack abundant fouls on the "scramble" that brought a fair degree of defensive success. It seemed like the word had gone out in the Kansas game.

Casey hardly breathed on the guy yesterday and was called, and the announcers mentioned several other questionable calls that "could have gone either way". Of course we been screaming "tobacco refs" for years, but i wasn't convinced it was as awful as made out. When i go to an FSU game with the family here near Tally, those fans complain just as much on the other side of the coin...

...but im really feeling now we may be "targeted" and thats going to make it a long season possibly.
Yesterday was seriously some of the worst and most egregiously lopsided officiating I’ve ever seen. You would’ve thought we were playing UNC, not UNCG.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Just from watching the Lafayette & UNC Green games it's obvious to me the refs have specific things they’re being told to look for & are having a quick trigger to whistle to call it against us.

Some of these foul calls this early in the season have been beyond the letter of the Law & just straight up Rasheed Wallace NBA style, “we’re gonna call this on you whether you did it or not” type officiating.

When I watch some of the Big XII & B1G teams play, the amount of physicality they’re allowed to get away with especially on the Defensive boards & as on ball defenders, it’s a whole other stratosphere compared to how the games are called against us, at least so far this season.

Hopefully it doesn’t rear it’s ugly head come Conference play, but from what I’ve seen thus far I don’t think we’re an undisciplined team that just commits a lot of fouls, from my view it definitely looks like the refs are just being very litigious with us. But of course, I could just be viewing it with biased eyes lol

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Just from watching the Lafayette & UNC Green games it's obvious to me the refs have specific things they’re being told to look for & are having a quick trigger to whistle to call it against us.

Some of these foul calls this early in the season have been beyond the letter of the Law & just straight up Rasheed Wallace NBA style, “we’re gonna call this on you whether you did it or not” type officiating.

When I watch some of the Big XII & B1G teams play, the amount of physicality they’re allowed to get away with especially on the Defensive boards & as on ball defenders, it’s a whole other stratosphere compared to how the games are called against us, at least so far this season.

Hopefully it doesn’t rear it’s ugly head come Conference play, but from what I’ve seen thus far I don’t think we’re an undisciplined team that just commits a lot of fouls, from my view it definitely looks like the refs are just being very litigious with us. But of course, I could just be viewing it with biased eyes lol

You’re not viewing it with biased eyes. Hopefully they cut that **** out before conference play but I wouldn’t hold my breath…

Advertisement
College officiating is bad all the way around. A lot of old guys holding a whistle with grudges and agenda. It's been pretty bad for a while now. Last season's NCAA tournament was supposed to have the best of the bunch and I don't ever remember watching so many games such poorly officiated. I was up in the midwest this past week watching some games and refs were awful. In one game. foul count was something like 15-4 in the first 10 minutes of play.

As far as the Miami/UNCG crew... usually a coach will tell his players to adjust to how the game is being called, but that's tough to do when there's no consistency and refs seem to be calling it 1-sided.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back