UNC Greensboro Game

hotshot

Sophomore
We're very likely to lose this one if we don't improve over the Lafayette effort. UNC-G is reportedly a much better squad.

Four returning starters and a good inside-out game. Picked third in the ten team Southern Conference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I guess I could have posted something like "I sure hope we win." More palatable?

A bad loss in November is as impactful on Tourney selection, maybe moreso, than losses later on. My point was and is that UNC-G is better on paper than Lafayette, who we struggled more than a little bit with. Hopefully, L has our guys playing a lot better tomorrow night.

If early season losses matter more, then Louisville and FSU might as well hang up their sneakers They are done. By the way, your assertion in empirically unsupportable or the selection committee would consider the first ten and NOT the last ten.

u

News flash, we aren't going to win every game. It's a little too early to draw any conclusions about the team after the very first game of the season.

Advertisement
OP is both right and wrong.

He's right that we probably need to play a bit better to win. The line vs Lafayette was almost 15 points higher than it is vs UNC-G. If we play and shoot like we did on Monday, it likely comes down to the final minute.

He's wrong that a loss would have a major impact on our season. It wouldn't be a good loss but the way we play vs the ACC slate matters more.

If early season losses matter more, then Louisville and FSU might as well hang up their sneakers They are done. By the way, your assertion in empirically unsupportable or the selection committee would consider the first ten and NOT the last ten.

u
I don't think "last 10" has been part of the committee's criteria for quite a few years now.

We lost to Bama by 30 in early non-conference last year when team was finding their way to gel.

Need to relax.
You need to win the ones you're supposed to win. The early "bad loss" that sticks in my mind and that cost us later was one against I think it was Northeastern a few yrs ago, when we were blown out. The margin against Bama was bad but ... Bama was ranked high at the time iirc.

Of course, if we lose its not the end of the world. Be nice to go into that tournament up in New England we have coming up against a couple really good teams with momentum though.

Anyone know if ND lost last nite to Radford. They were down late at home.

Advertisement
Well UNCG's first game was against Johnson and Wales (Charlotte Campus) which is basically a Culinary schools....and D3. They struggled from Deep but took advantage of a little bit of a size advantage to get a lot of Off Rebounds. Only up about 20 with 10 mins left before pushing it out to 30 down the stretch

We will def need to shoot better but I hope this isnt one of our early season non conference losses. They only have 1 guy over 6'8 and he is just a 10 and 6 type. He gets some early fouls they are similar to us across the board. Would be nice to win each half by 10ish.

Last edited:
Advertisement

u

Louisville in particular is probably done, mostly because they suck.

Advertisement
Back