UNC GAME: Head & Gut Predictions

Advertisement
Gut feeling is our confidence is up and nothing is going to stop us in our biggest home game of the year (feels like ND or VT in 2017) - Not saying we route them like ND 41-8 or whatever but I will say -- 45-28 Miami. Not a huge 30 point win but something that we pretty much command the entire game.

Studying the game for betting purposes I lean closer to about 38 - 30 Miami. I think we cover and go right above the over of 65.5

If you trust vegas... majority of the money is coming in on UNC (last i looked it was around 62%) and the line hasn't had much movement - it actually went up to 4 at one point. Vegas feels good about where they stand in this one.

After doing what we should have done vs Duke, but often don't, I think this team has got it's head right. UNC has a very good offense, but their defense is not going to be able to hold up vs King/Mallory/Jordan/Harley Et al.
I know it's "poison", but I still can't believe they let FSU rough them up.

38-20

Advertisement
all hinges on the defense. i respect the **** out of what they did to duke but....it's duke. i think NC will get theirs and it'll be a barn-burner, but we'll ice it late with a turnover. something like 45-35.

D523D641-E340-480B-B196-74F8070B1EAD.jpeg

Advertisement
I am going to say 35-10.

The turnover chain will come out a bunch of times. And they will not be able to stop our passing game. Jordan and Mallory should both have 2 TEs each.

My head tells me this team plays together as a team on BOTH sides of the ball and will prevail. My gut tells me they are hungrier than before the DUKE game and UNC is in for a physical thrashing. UNC will score - but we score more....much more.

OFFENSIVE gurus on the board, does coach Lashlee will open the playbook for this game or is it already been open. This game will be interesting and nerve raking. The defense REALLY need to show up in a big way

Advertisement
My head tells me this team plays together as a team on BOTH sides of the ball and will prevail. My gut tells me they are hungrier than before the DUKE game and UNC is in for a physical thrashing. UNC will score - but we score more....much more.
I get ya but mack Brown is foaming at the mouth to ruin our momentum and season. They'll be jacked up for this one. We also but we need all our tools for this game.

My head tells me that we will win, but it will be another nail biter.

My gut tells me we will win convincingly and/or at least by 10 points.

Here's to hoping we come out with the same momentum we ended the last game with. The Heels always seem to perform well against us over the years. It's weird. It's like the Heels are to Miami like BC is to ND.

Anyway, I do think the good guys win, but only if we are totally focused and well-prepared. I like our chances.

I think Miami gets it done, but muscle memory with this program has me well aware of the fits the Heels have given the Canes.

Had this conversation with folks last year, who said we'd "roll" in Chapel Hill—despite Miami oft struggling up there. North Carolina has also stolen their share of games at HardRock, too.

These guys couldn't make up ground at Tallahassee after digging a big hole, lost by a point to Virginia and their offense went cold against Notre Dame.

I think both offenses are pretty evenly matched; the Heels with a few more proven playmakers (not counting quarterback, where King's experience gets a slight nod)—but I think Miami's defense is slightly better.

Miami can't afford to get into another embarrassing hole like they did last year. Need to go toe-to-toe early.

One of those games you expect a massive shootout, but don't think that winds up being the case (in comparison to what they did / endured against Wake Forest.)

Canes 38, Heels 30 seems doable.

Wouldn't be surprised if the former teacher (Brown) teaches the pupil (Manolo) another lesson—a la the way Butch got Randy so many times over the years, even when the Canes supposedly had the "better" team.

Whatever the case, just win.

Maybe Mac Brown has them prepared and they keep it close. I can maybe buy that argument.
But we have to keep it real here. They gave up 31 to F$U. 55 points to Wake. 44 points to Virgina for Pete's sake.

I think we can get the stops to break it open with some turnovers. Their defense seems too porous when compared to ours so this game should not be close if we protect the ball.

Advertisement
I'm out of steam on continuing TALKING about Saturday. I just want to express my CONGRATS that we reached how far we have went. Whatever will be. Good luck to us all.

We'll need all our tools for EVERY game! Our losses to UNC all came on ineffective offenses and holes in our defense...Mack Brown will have a difficult time attacking moreso than past UNC teams.....and we have a kicker.

Advertisement
Back