UNC GAME: Head & Gut Predictions

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
My head tells me that we will win, but it will be another nail biter.

My gut tells me we will win convincingly and/or at least by 10 points.

Here's to hoping we come out with the same momentum we ended the last game with. The Heels always seem to perform well against us over the years. It's weird. It's like the Heels are to Miami like BC is to ND.

Anyway, I do think the good guys win, but only if we are totally focused and well-prepared. I like our chances.

Advertisement
Boys have a score to settle.

Animated GIF

Advertisement
My head tells me that we will win, but it will be another nail biter.

My gut tells me we will win convincingly and/or at least by 10 points.

Here's to hoping we come out with the same momentum we ended the last game with. The Heels always seem to perform well against us over the years. It's weird. It's like the Heels are to Miami like BC is to ND.

Anyway, I do think the good guys win, but only if we are totally focused and well-prepared. I like our chances.

As long as our oline and dline come to play we're good. Not having Blades will hurt they will make plays we just have to be able to move to the next play. Um 45 unc 23

Advertisement
we gotta put a decent thump on them to get some national credit going into these final polls and discussions.. and hope NCstate wins out and ranks higher as well...
37-17

Advertisement
Head-it won’t be easy but we ultimately pull away late for a 42-24 victory.

Gut-if he dies, he dies.

But for real, as someone else said, I don’t care if we win by 1 or 100. Just need to make sure we leave Hard Rock with a W Saturday.

By one or one hundred. Just win

we aren’t Bama. For this train to keep moving this is my mindset also. It’s like college basketball tournament, survive and advance. Nobody cares how you got there if you end up in the final four of the tournament.

not saying we get the final four playoff but a NY6 bowl would be huge for this team and program after last year. Just got to find a way to win on Saturday. UNC will likely put up 35pts or more. Offense has to come out blazing and pound the rock. Keep Howell off the field and wear out their defense with tempo.

D-line has to be able to get pressure with 5. We don’t need to be sending 5 or 6 guys total on blitzes and leaving Carter, Ivey, and the rookie DB’s in one on one all day.

Advertisement
.... the good guys win, but only if we are totally focused and well-prepared. I like our chances.

We are not good enough to win against most teams if we are not focused and well prepared. This isn’t the 2001 canes. Nor any semblance of one of our really good teams. This is a team still learning how to win.

Good week of practice, mentally focused and prepared, we handle them. If somehow these guys think they’re as good as the 48 to 0 team that beat Duke, and pull up a little bit, it’s going to be a struggle.

Early this year (January) I would have projected this a loss. Last year our secondary was awful against them. I think our defense has matured some and we beat them 45-21. It also helps that they have a shockingly softer defense this year. Easily the softest front 7 I’ve watched.

I don’t think it’s close.

we aren’t Bama. For this train to keep moving this is my mindset also. It’s like college basketball tournament, survive and advance. Nobody cares how you got there if you end up in the final four of the tournament.

not saying we get the final four playoff but a NY6 bowl would be huge for this team and program after last year. Just got to find a way to win on Saturday. UNC will likely put up 35pts or more. Offense has to come out blazing and pound the rock. Keep Howell off the field and wear out their defense with tempo.

D-line has to be able to get pressure with 5. We don’t need to be sending 5 or 6 guys total on blitzes and leaving Carter, Ivey, and the rookie DB’s in one on one all day.
I also thought UNC would put up 40 plus on us but I’m having faith that our defense is actually maturing and progressing. UNC has underachieved this year and we’re finally playing at home as well. Hopefully Im right.

Advertisement
Back