UNC - Game 3

Advertisement
When will these guys learn how to hit the ball the other way. A 90 mph fastball on the outside should have been roped to right field by Paige.

You have to think opposite field with 2 strikes.

Disappointing after winning Friday to fail to close the deal again. Not sure much can be taken from the weekend with unusually poor outings from our starters.

Ok. That's the ballgame. Got to get better. Need better production out of the bottom of the order. Tough to comeback after giving up 7 runs early. Just keep getting better and we'll be fine.

Advertisement
Disappointing after winning Friday to fail to close the deal again. Not sure much can be taken from the weekend with unusually poor outings from our starters.

No kidding; we were all worried about scoring runs at the start of the year. Starters need to hold up their end of the deal, and soon. But most of us would have taken a .500 start to ACC and 15 - 5 to start the season. Next week is big.

Agreed. This is a good Canes team, but some of the issues I’ve seen with baseball IQ make me think they might be a year away from real strength.

I know many will see it differently, but I’m still having a ton of fun watching this team after the past few seasons and still believe they’re going to end up hitting my season projections, which most feedback I received was that people thought they were unreasonable at the start.

Advertisement
Agree. Young team that will only get better as season progresses.

I think the one area of concern thus far, is specifically only 1 lefty in Pen. I like Gates long term but can't see him holding up physically at this rate.

He's been impressive in his few ABs so far. Maybe he fill the whole at a corner OF spot.
Yeah he is definitely a gamer, but don't understand having him throw multiple innings when should be used more situationly given he is 1 of 1 lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Tough ACC schedule this year, We get probably the 3 best teams in the Atlantic. FSU, Lville and NC St, plus unlike football the coastal, other than Pitt is very good, Continue to win the mid week series games which we didnt do the past few years and we will be good.

Agree. Young team that will only get better as season progresses.

I think the one area of concern thus far, is specifically only 1 lefty in Pen. I like Gates long term but can't see him holding up physically at this rate.
Just keep getting better every week. Tough task in this league but that is the dealio.

Advertisement
Agreed. This is a good Canes team, but some of the issues I’ve seen with baseball IQ make me think they might be a year away from real strength.

I know many will see it differently, but I’m still having a ton of fun watching this team after the past few seasons and still believe they’re going to end up hitting my season projections, which most feedback I received was that people thought they were unreasonable at the start.

I didn't think your projections were unreasonable after I saw a few of the new freshmen, but I am starting to now. The team is more exciting because they hit the ball; but baseball, especially championships, is still won with pitching and defense.

I am waiting for the defense and mental errors to improve, but we simply may not have enough smart baseball IQ players, as you put it. And the pitching has potential but is starting to look too inconsistent. Still a good start, but out weaknesses are starting to be exposed and exploited.

On what board? You didn't get any negative feedback on your projections on this site. You really just predicted a 37-19 record, which isn't going out on a limb.

A lot of white knighting going on after the final out was recorded. Yes, this team appears to be better than the teams that couldn't score against Dartmouth or who couldn't beat FIU, but that just means we evolved out of "unacceptable" territory. This team still has major issues.

Advertisement
Back