Unbiased TVD w/ Gattis expectations (Video)

Advertisement
Even without watching the vid. I’m gonna respond. Due to the fact. That I’ve watched multiple vids. Of his offense since last week. Actually 4 yesterday from 21’. I’m came away saying we gave everyone else a chance. So I must give him one as well. He has to know something coming from BAMA (Saban) PSU (Moorehead OC) and MICH (Harbaugh). Yet honestly watching MICH O. I said to myself. He couldn’t have won the Broyles. With this offense.

It’s obvious Harbaugh’s imprint was all over that offense. Especially since the guy from the Ravens was on staff. We all the know the Ravens are run heavy team. You could see the JUMBO/HEAVY packages and formations they ran. Its also said they didn’t have the personnel. To run pace and space when he first got there. I mean if you have a QB, WR’s, RB’S and OL. You have what you need. Now if you’re saying. It wasn’t up to his standards. WHO THE **** WAS UP TO BAMA’s STANDARDS? So that’s BS.

Now what gives me hope is. One of the main talking points. Coming out of everyone’s mouth. Is he adjusts to his talent on the roster. So he will be able to implement. His pace and space offense. Now it won’t have that POWER RUN GAME. Thats being worked on as I type. I trust Mario and Miribal to work relentlessly. At trying to build the OL. Up to the standards they envision a UM OL to be. That doesn’t mean we won’t be able to run the ball. We might not be able to just DOMINATE, but we should at least be able to out scheme some. I know he picked up the inside and outside zone scheme. Along those stops. So I’m expecting a mixture of both along with some power. That means we should be a bit more creative. Not just the run up the middle on 3rd and 4th and 1. Like we did with Lashlee

It also means TVD shouldn’t be handcuffed. Like many believe Justin Herbert was at O. Gattis did take his shots downfield. There were plays to be made and a lot was left on the field. Even though they were run heavy. I will give him that. So that also leads me to believe. TVD will not be handcuffed. As he was very effective at throwing the deep ball. Now I think he can be a bit more creative in the passing game. I didnt see a lot of scheming people open. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just didn’t see a lot of it. Like I did with Lashlee. Those fake QB runs passes. Scored multiple TD’s. Those guys were wide open every time. I didn’t see those types of plays in the MICH O. Once again doesnt mean he doesn’t have them. MICH O was just different. Than what we had.

So I came away with the wait and see approach, but very OPTIMISTIC. I MEAN ITS A NEW REGIME.

Advertisement
Even without watching the vid. I’m gonna respond. Due to the fact. That I’ve watched multiple vids. Of his offense since last week. Actually 4 yesterday from 21’. I’m came away saying we gave everyone else a chance. So I must give him one as well. He has to know something coming from BAMA (Saban) PSU (Moorehead OC) and MICH (Harbaugh). Yet honestly watching MICH O. I said to myself. He couldn’t have won the Broyles. With this offense.

It’s obvious Harbaugh’s imprint was all over that offense. Especially since the guy from the Ravens was on staff. We all the know the Ravens are run heavy team. You could see the JUMBO/HEAVY packages and formations they ran. Its also said they didn’t have the personnel. To run pace and space when he first got there. I mean if you have a QB, WR’s, RB’S and OL. You have what you need. Now if you’re saying. It wasn’t up to his standards. WHO THE **** WAS UP TO BAMA’s STANDARDS? So that’s BS.

Now what gives me hope is. One of the main talking points. Coming out of everyone’s mouth. Is he adjusts to his talent on the roster. So he will be able to implement. His pace and space offense. Now it won’t have that POWER RUN GAME. Thats being worked on as I type. I trust Mario and Miribal to work relentlessly. At trying to build the OL. Up to the standards they envision a UM OL to be. That doesn’t mean we won’t be able to run the ball. We might not be able to just DOMINATE, but we should at least be able to out scheme some. I know he picked up the inside and outside zone scheme. Along those stops. So I’m expecting a mixture of both along with some power. That means we should be a bit more creative. Not just the run up the middle on 3rd and 4th and 1. Like we did with Lashlee

It also means TVD shouldn’t be handcuffed. Like many believe Justin Herbert was at O. Gattis did take his shots downfield. There were plays to be made and a lot was left on the field. Even though they were run heavy. I will give him that. So that also leads me to believe. TVD will not be handcuffed. As he was very effective at throwing the deep ball. Now I think he can be a bit more creative in the passing game. I didnt see a lot of scheming people open. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just didn’t see a lot of it. Like I did with Lashlee. Those fake QB runs passes. Scored multiple TD’s. Those guys were wide open every time. I didn’t see those types of plays in the MICH O. Once again doesnt mean he doesn’t have them. MICH O was just different. Than what we had.

So I came away with the wait and see approach, but very OPTIMISTIC. I MEAN ITS A NEW REGIME.
A2418EF5-495E-4FDD-8180-EE38E01A419D.jpeg

After reading OP, I am guessing English was an elective in his school district.

What concepts or calls don't you like in his 1st year offense?

Advertisement

TVD was so good. He makes all the NFL throws with ease that will raise his stock. He will have a good year and will stay for another season. He seems like he loves the U I expect another Herbert situation where Mario says come back and he doesn

Advertisement
Advertisement
His offense isn’t what i was hoping for but it will help tvd grow with some of the concepts he has. Lashlee offense was simpler but it fit us so when a talent like tvd is in it looks like magic.

If TVD improves on the little things he’ll be even greater. He gets away with some inconsistent footwork because he has crazy arm talent not many qbs have. I want to see him stand and step up in the pocket more, he bailed on some clean pockets at times. But all in all he has some great qualities man, he progresses well which is the most important quality , he moves defenders with his eyes and shoulders, he is a great competitor man he took some hits to make key throws, he chased like 3 fumbles down in close games like the one at pitt looll. He’s gonna be special man.

TVD was so good. He makes all the NFL throws with ease that will raise his stock. He will have a good year and will stay for another season. He seems like he loves the U I expect another Herbert situation where Mario says come back and he doesn
I see you hedging there with that "doesn"😂😂. Is Gaby your cousin?

I'm not so concerned with that Gattis has shown on tape.

One, you have Harbaugh there and he's got his own stylistic offense in mind. He's very hands on.

Two, they didn't have a QB like ours. One that can throw it all over the field.

Three, they are built to be a ground game first. They didn't need to get creative, they forced their ground game down their opponents throats this past year.

Four, why throw it? They had the lead early on, so why not ride out the ground game while still scoring points. There's no benefit to abandoning that, it eats clock and they still won emphatically most games.

So you eventually run into a team that stops your ground attack. It comes at the end of the year and by then you're too established in what you do. You can't all of a sudden flip a switch and go pass crazy since you can't run. That's video game stuff.

I don't know if he'll be great, good, or fired. He's got different tools to work with here, QB wise for sure. If he can scheme around with what he's got, then it'll be a work in progress. If he tries to emulate what was done at Michigan he'll fall on his face as he won't be using the tools he does have. It'll be a down the road offense at that point.

Advertisement
Back