Unbiased TVD w/ Gattis expectations (Video)

Advertisement
Even without watching the vid. I’m gonna respond. Due to the fact. That I’ve watched multiple vids. Of his offense since last week. Actually 4 yesterday from 21’. I’m came away saying we gave everyone else a chance. So I must give him one as well. He has to know something coming from BAMA (Saban) PSU (Moorehead OC) and MICH (Harbaugh). Yet honestly watching MICH O. I said to myself. He couldn’t have won the Broyles. With this offense.

It’s obvious Harbaugh’s imprint was all over that offense. Especially since the guy from the Ravens was on staff. We all the know the Ravens are run heavy team. You could see the JUMBO/HEAVY packages and formations they ran. Its also said they didn’t have the personnel. To run pace and space when he first got there. I mean if you have a QB, WR’s, RB’S and OL. You have what you need. Now if you’re saying. It wasn’t up to his standards. WHO THE **** WAS UP TO BAMA’s STANDARDS? So that’s BS.

Now what gives me hope is. One of the main talking points. Coming out of everyone’s mouth. Is he adjusts to his talent on the roster. So he will be able to implement. His pace and space offense. Now it won’t have that POWER RUN GAME. Thats being worked on as I type. I trust Mario and Miribal to work relentlessly. At trying to build the OL. Up to the standards they envision a UM OL to be. That doesn’t mean we won’t be able to run the ball. We might not be able to just DOMINATE, but we should at least be able to out scheme some. I know he picked up the inside and outside zone scheme. Along those stops. So I’m expecting a mixture of both along with some power. That means we should be a bit more creative. Not just the run up the middle on 3rd and 4th and 1. Like we did with Lashlee

It also means TVD shouldn’t be handcuffed. Like many believe Justin Herbert was at O. Gattis did take his shots downfield. There were plays to be made and a lot was left on the field. Even though they were run heavy. I will give him that. So that also leads me to believe. TVD will not be handcuffed. As he was very effective at throwing the deep ball. Now I think he can be a bit more creative in the passing game. I didnt see a lot of scheming people open. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just didn’t see a lot of it. Like I did with Lashlee. Those fake QB runs passes. Scored multiple TD’s. Those guys were wide open every time. I didn’t see those types of plays in the MICH O. Once again doesnt mean he doesn’t have them. MICH O was just different. Than what we had.

So I came away with the wait and see approach, but very OPTIMISTIC. I MEAN ITS A NEW REGIME.
You win. The short sentence. Award.

I'm not so concerned with that Gattis has shown on tape.

One, you have Harbaugh there and he's got his own stylistic offense in mind. He's very hands on.

Two, they didn't have a QB like ours. One that can throw it all over the field.

Three, they are built to be a ground game first. They didn't need to get creative, they forced their ground game down their opponents throats this past year.

Four, why throw it? They had the lead early on, so why not ride out the ground game while still scoring points. There's no benefit to abandoning that, it eats clock and they still won emphatically most games.

So you eventually run into a team that stops your ground attack. It comes at the end of the year and by then you're too established in what you do. You can't all of a sudden flip a switch and go pass crazy since you can't run. That's video game stuff.

I don't know if he'll be great, good, or fired. He's got different tools to work with here, QB wise for sure. If he can scheme around with what he's got, then it'll be a work in progress. If he tries to emulate what was done at Michigan he'll fall on his face as he won't be using the tools he does have. It'll be a down the road offense at that point.
Agreed. I also don’t think he had the high end WR depth he’s walking into. Michigan has 1 or 2 and then a lot of average. We have 6 or 7 legit players there. Plus, the top 3 TE’s really open up the options.

Combine with TVD, and I’d expect to see the most diverse and explosive offense Gattis has ever run. And, he’s going to bring some Harbaugh run game concepts to combine with Mario/Mirabal and then Ponce with the Satterfield concepts. It will be fun.

Advertisement
So y'all think it would have been wise for him to have Cade McNamara throwing the ball 40-50 times a game?

61632940-F33B-4D4E-BD0C-6CD258E67FF9.gif

Why is this so obvious point not really even entertained by the naysayers. Nobody’s saying this guy is Lincoln Riley, but you have to work with what you got.

And this encapsulates social media in 2022.

I don't have a real opinion so I am going to bash someone who gave their sincere, honest opinion based on their observations.
Same. But also because I’m not watching the video or reading the post because there’s nothing to progress the conversation until the season starts

Advertisement
Even without watching the vid. I’m gonna respond. Due to the fact. That I’ve watched multiple vids. Of his offense since last week. Actually 4 yesterday from 21’. I’m came away saying we gave everyone else a chance. So I must give him one as well. He has to know something coming from BAMA (Saban) PSU (Moorehead OC) and MICH (Harbaugh). Yet honestly watching MICH O. I said to myself. He couldn’t have won the Broyles. With this offense.

It’s obvious Harbaugh’s imprint was all over that offense. Especially since the guy from the Ravens was on staff. We all the know the Ravens are run heavy team. You could see the JUMBO/HEAVY packages and formations they ran. Its also said they didn’t have the personnel. To run pace and space when he first got there. I mean if you have a QB, WR’s, RB’S and OL. You have what you need. Now if you’re saying. It wasn’t up to his standards. WHO THE **** WAS UP TO BAMA’s STANDARDS? So that’s BS.

Now what gives me hope is. One of the main talking points. Coming out of everyone’s mouth. Is he adjusts to his talent on the roster. So he will be able to implement. His pace and space offense. Now it won’t have that POWER RUN GAME. Thats being worked on as I type. I trust Mario and Miribal to work relentlessly. At trying to build the OL. Up to the standards they envision a UM OL to be. That doesn’t mean we won’t be able to run the ball. We might not be able to just DOMINATE, but we should at least be able to out scheme some. I know he picked up the inside and outside zone scheme. Along those stops. So I’m expecting a mixture of both along with some power. That means we should be a bit more creative. Not just the run up the middle on 3rd and 4th and 1. Like we did with Lashlee

It also means TVD shouldn’t be handcuffed. Like many believe Justin Herbert was at O. Gattis did take his shots downfield. There were plays to be made and a lot was left on the field. Even though they were run heavy. I will give him that. So that also leads me to believe. TVD will not be handcuffed. As he was very effective at throwing the deep ball. Now I think he can be a bit more creative in the passing game. I didnt see a lot of scheming people open. Not saying it didn’t happen. Just didn’t see a lot of it. Like I did with Lashlee. Those fake QB runs passes. Scored multiple TD’s. Those guys were wide open every time. I didn’t see those types of plays in the MICH O. Once again doesnt mean he doesn’t have them. MICH O was just different. Than what we had.

So I came away with the wait and see approach, but very OPTIMISTIC. I MEAN ITS A NEW REGIME.
I just hope we don’t go heavy RPO. I HATE that 💩!

Same. But also because I’m not watching the video or reading the post because there’s nothing to progress the conversation until the season starts
Agreed. No one here knows what the offense will be. Based on coach speak so far I expect it will lean heavy on emphasizing what our players do best

"In Gattis's offense"
Which offense? The one he ran at Michigan with Harbaugh breathing down his neck?

Instead of wait and see, fans will be quick to conclude that we will see previous Michigan offense at Miami next season. Does this make sense?

I didn't watch the video. The title of the video assumes we will see the same offense Gattis ran at Michigan. Based on watching Michigan games.
It didn't matter it will be a different HC, different expectations, different conference, different QB with different skills etc. and the list of variables goes on and on. I'm not proclaiming Gattis will give us dominant offense. Nobody knows.
But when you come up with conclusions based on the wrong hyposese it will be exercise in futility.

Advertisement
could another factor be how much mario will breathe down gattis' neck?

i can see why people may be unsure here. i'm uncertain. do we really know with confidence what gattis will do free of a HC really dictating the offense?

"In Gattis's offense"
Which offense? The one he ran at Michigan with Harbaugh breathing down his neck?

Instead of wait and see, fans will be quick to conclude that we will see previous Michigan offense at Miami next season. Does this make sense?

I didn't watch the video. The title of the video assumes we will see the same offense Gattis ran at Michigan. Based on watching Michigan games.
It didn't matter it will be a different HC, different expectations, different conference, different QB with different skills etc. and the list of variables goes on and on. I'm not proclaiming Gattis will give us dominant offense. Nobody knows.
But when you come up with conclusions based on the wrong hyposese it will be exercise in futility.

I'd suggest watching the video. He only shows film of TVD/Miami and makes suggestions on how he expects Gattis to use him based on the clips shown in the video.

I'd suggest watching the video. He only shows film of TVD/Miami and makes suggestions on how he expects Gattis to use him based on the clips shown in the video.
That's a different angle then. I must say the title of the video threw me off with the frequently used "Gattis' Offense" as a label.

Advertisement
I think Gattis is a great coach. I remain concerned that his offense/system could be a bad fit for our personnel and recruiting base. Both of these statements can be true simultaneously. With that said, I’m not going to complain until he gives me a reason to do so, and I’ll be the first to crown him if our offense looks as good as or better than it did last year when TVD took over.

And as much as I goofed on Ponce when his name was being thrown around as an OC candidate, I’m actually hopeful that he will have a positive influence on the passing game and keep us from being too conservative on offense.

I liked the video. He broke down TVD in the NC State game, after quoting Gattis from his presser about utilizing the talent, etc.

We’ll see what we are able to do as the team gels. If the OL is too weak and/or can’t run block, we’ll need to design around it…

Advertisement
Back