UM's Plan To Reopen

Your misconstruing my response. China has a national plan. They are and did not treat each region the same. That's not what it means. It means the federal government takes control of the testing and PPE. They purchase then distribute it to the state in accordance to need rather making the states compete against each other for testing supplies and PPE.

It also means that every state would be using the same tests and not using some tests that are better or worse than others.
Study the members of the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board. Study the "players" at Event 201. Gates, funded, Gao, Fauci, Elias, Farrar should do it for you. Once you look and learn a little bit about what is really going on here, you'll be mint. You seem like a good dude. You're not brain dead. You just haven't dug deep enough yet.

Advertisement
We've tested more in TOTAL because our Covid-19 pandemic cases continue to rise. We have 1/3 of all Covid-19 cases in the world yet we have 5% of the world's population. Meanwhile, Covid-19 cases in countires like South Korea, China, Germany and a host of others have fallen to where they don't need rampant testing which is why our US Veterans Administration got 500,000 masks from South Korea since we still don't have enough PPE to go around.

We are still far short of the number of tests per capita of where we need to be and we don't have the contact tracing that other countries used. We have 50 states all doing their own thing while other countries have approached the problem with national plans that appear to be much more effective than what we're doing.

So total testing doesn’t matter? We do have states doing their own thing, It’s called federalism. You do know that Georgia and Florida are doing quite well since they reopened correct? In fact almost every state that’s reopened has done well. Its not the entire country’s fault a couple of ignorant Governors and mayors, have locked down their states and prolonged this.

To your other point, no one is contact tracing anybody in America. Testing sites are empty more often than they are packed. We are a free country. No one can force anyone to get tested. Idk why this is such a hard concept to understand.

I didn't say we should use China's test, but you do know that a lot of our medication is made in China. You can thank our US pharmaceutical companies for that.
It's sad, but I know. An engineer friend of mine used to have a job where one of his responsibilities was to set up assembly lines in China. The biggest problems he had were all related to quality control. But if enough checks and balances were in place, they never had an issue. It wasn't for pharmaceuticals, but it was surgical supplies. I imagine that the stuff they make specifically for us at our direction is just fine, but I'd worry about the knockoff stuff for their own consumption.

You have to know it's not that simple. The simple number of people along with the logistics of administering and processing tests is completely different here than a smaller, less populated country. Not to mention that a person who is negative one day might get it the next.

A national plan would be dictated by events in New York. Why should Florida or Kansas have to stay shut down all summer needlessly? That is a perfect illustration of the foolishness of central planning and a one size fits all approach.

Freedom and federalism are no longer taught in government schools.

So total testing doesn’t matter? We do have states doing their own thing, It’s called federalism. You do know that Georgia and Florida are doing quite well since they reopened correct? In fact almost every state that’s reopened has done well. Its not the entire country’s fault a couple of ignorant Governors and mayors, have locked down their states and prolonged this.

To your other point, no one is contact tracing anybody in America. Testing sites are empty more often than they are packed. We are a free country. No one can force anyone to get tested. Idk why this is such a hard concept to understand.
This has nothing to do freedom.

Advertisement
It's sad, but I know. An engineer friend of mine used to have a job where one of his responsibilities was to set up assembly lines in China. The biggest problems he had were all related to quality control. But if enough checks and balances were in place, they never had an issue. It wasn't for pharmaceuticals, but it was surgical supplies. I imagine that the stuff they make specifically for us at our direction is just fine, but I'd worry about the knockoff stuff for their own consumption.
Doesn't surprise me. We sold out for higher profits with cheap labor and we see that it can create a national crisis in the supply chain let alone defective products.

We set up shop over their. Show them our technology and how to use it. Then we're upset when they steal it, start their own companies, and sell the same product back to us at a lower price. I saw a company in Massachusetts that produced alternative energy windmill technology. They made the windmills in China with their Chinese partner company , since they had a lot Chinese customers. The Chinese company stole the software that manges the windmill, then started producing their own windmills and sold them to US state governments. No joke.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do freedom.

Contact tracing and getting tested? That’s exactly what it has to do with. The government doesn’t have a right to force you to get tested or give your DNA or to have access to your movements. Yes I understand tech companies track everybody (legally and illegally) but if you don’t want a phone you don’t have to have one. If they did, everyone would be forced to get vaccinated.

“China had a national plan.” Yea welding people inside their own homes and leaving them to die. When people understand America is unlike any other place on earth, then maybe they’ll start to understand why we do things differently here.

You little clowns are "internet" tough, but you couldn't fight your way out of a wet paper bag. You remind me of the kids in grade school that talked tough then got called out getting lit up like Christmas trees.
Im still waiting on the info, ***** boy...

Advertisement
I'm old enough to be your daddy. Just because I shagged your mama doesn't mean I am.
Guess, who the internet *** boy is now? You've entered the same irrelevant stratosphere as your two upvoting butt buddies. Been a pleasure waisting my time with you....

You have to know it's not that simple. The simple number of people along with the logistics of administering and processing tests is completely different here than a smaller, less populated country. Not to mention that a person who is negative one day might get it the next.

A national plan would be dictated by events in New York. Why should Florida or Kansas have to stay shut down all summer needlessly? That is a perfect illustration of the foolishness of central planning and a one size fits all approach.

Completely ridiculous.

"The simple number of people along with the logistics of administering and processing test is completely different".

No.

We have more per capita test-manufacturing capabilities. We have more per capita doctors. We have more per capita nurses. We have more per capita hospitals. We have more per capita processing capability.

If we had started manufacturing tests in January when WHO gave the world the blueprint for the Covid-19 test, we could EASILY have tested more people than the rest of the world ON A PER CAPITA BASIS, and not just on a numerical basis. But we screwed around for over two months, talking about how we only had 15 cases, which were going to go to zero, like a miracle, when the weather got warmer.

As for the nonsense about a "state-by-state" plan, the reasons against should be obvious. Coronvirus doesn't stop at the state lines to ask permission to enter. People move around. We need a national plan. Otherwise, the effort that people made to quarantine in more populous states will be destroyed by the impatient people in the less populated states.

Advertisement
Stopped reading right there. Yes, the Chinese Communist Party has been transparent. Are you a W.H.O employee?

Look, I do not claim to be an expert in whether China has been transparent, but I have 100% trust and faith in what this very stable genius has to say:

“China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!” Trump wrote in a tweet.

Gotcha. The only test in question that I'm familiar with is the Abbott one and I'd bet they're working to improve it.

I wouldn't trust the Chinese tests at all.

Just to be very clear.

There are two completely different kinds of tests.

The "diagnostic" test is the one where you jam a swab up your nose, and it is designed to identify whether you have coronavirus currently. This is the more important test, and the one that is not widely available.

The "antibody" test is the one that is supposed to tell you whether you have coronavirus antibodies in your system, meaning that you previously had coronavirus (or are not showing any symptoms). This test is currently being manufactured by many different companies, and many of which have produced tests that have been shown to yield inconsistent results.

Completely ridiculous.

"The simple number of people along with the logistics of administering and processing test is completely different".

No.

We have more per capita test-manufacturing capabilities. We have more per capita doctors. We have more per capita nurses. We have more per capita hospitals. We have more per capita processing capability.

If we had started manufacturing tests in January when WHO gave the world the blueprint for the Covid-19 test, we could EASILY have tested more people than the rest of the world ON A PER CAPITA BASIS, and not just on a numerical basis. But we screwed around for over two months, talking about how we only had 15 cases, which were going to go to zero, like a miracle, when the weather got warmer.

As for the nonsense about a "state-by-state" plan, the reasons against should be obvious. Coronvirus doesn't stop at the state lines to ask permission to enter. People move around. We need a national plan. Otherwise, the effort that people made to quarantine in more populous states will be destroyed by the impatient people in the less populated states.
Who exactly are you going to test? If you look at NY, they've already tested 64,713 per million. That would put them in the top 10 countries in the world both in total tests and per capita. Testing otherwise healthy people is a waste of time and resources and would need to be done daily to be effective.

There's ~900 miles between NY and Fl, but NY shares a border with Quebec, why not a continental response? By the way, the problem hasn't been us giving New Yorkers covid, it was the other way around.

Advertisement
Who exactly are you going to test? If you look at NY, they've already tested 64,713 per million. That would put them in the top 10 countries in the world both in total tests and per capita. Testing otherwise healthy people is a waste of time and resources and would need to be done daily to be effective.

There's ~900 miles between NY and Fl, but NY shares a border with Quebec, why not a continental response? By the way, the problem hasn't been us giving New Yorkers covid, it was the other way around.
Just don't ask him about IC's.

Stop with your nonsense.

Federalism is fine for everyday governance. "Federalism" is not the answer to everything, particularly when there are national emergencies that require national coordinated responses.

When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor, we didn't scream "federalism" and call out 48 state militias. Congress declared war, and we used the US military to defeat the Axis countries.

"Total testing" doesn't matter, at least in terms of bragging about how great the USA is. Per capita testing is what is most important.

Also, nobody is saying you have to "force everyone to get tested". If some people want to stay home, avoid vaccines, and refuse testing and masks and hand washing, that is fine. We just don't have to let those people travel or infect others.

More silliness from you.

"NY shares a border with Quebec". Yeah, that's all it takes, just a land border. What a childishly simplistic response. Because, sure, driving from Quebec to New York is IDENTICAL to driving down I-95 between Georgia and Florida. No difference.

"Testing otherwise healthy people is a waste of time and resources". I can always tell when people are quoting talking points. No, it's not a waste of time and resources when you are dealing with a highly contagious virus for which people do NOT consistently manifest symptoms. In other words, we have no idea who the "otherwise healthy people" are without testing them with some regularity. This is the EXACT ignorance displayed in a certain governmental building, when they were SHOCKED that certain employees tested positive "out of the blue". Look, every day that you go out to the store or work, you run the risk of potentially contracting Coronavirus. Hence, the need for REGULAR and ongoing testing.

You sit around and brag about how many people have been tested. WHO CARES? Just because someone tested positive one day doesn't mean they are never going to contract Coronavirus. You could contract it a day after you tested negative.

As for the "would need to be done daily to be effective", yes, we need fairly regular testing. You can try to make it an all-or-nothing proposition, so that you can try to use the "cure is worse than the disease" illogic, but the fact remains, multiple tests should be the goal. Maybe you can't get a test everyday, but you can't just get ONE and then run around assuming you will never contract the virus.

A one-time coronavirus test is NOT the same thing as getting a flu shot.

More silliness from you.

"NY shares a border with Quebec". Yeah, that's all it takes, just a land border. What a childishly simplistic response. Because, sure, driving from Quebec to New York is IDENTICAL to driving down I-95 between Georgia and Florida. No difference.

"Testing otherwise healthy people is a waste of time and resources". I can always tell when people are quoting talking points. No, it's not a waste of time and resources when you are dealing with a highly contagious virus for which people do NOT consistently manifest symptoms. In other words, we have no idea who the "otherwise healthy people" are without testing them with some regularity. This is the EXACT ignorance displayed in a certain governmental building, when they were SHOCKED that certain employees tested positive "out of the blue". Look, every day that you go out to the store or work, you run the risk of potentially contracting Coronavirus. Hence, the need for REGULAR and ongoing testing.

You sit around and brag about how many people have been tested. WHO CARES? Just because someone tested positive one day doesn't mean they are never going to contract Coronavirus. You could contract it a day after you tested positive.

As for the "would need to be done daily to be effective", yes, we need fairly regular testing. You can try to make it an all-or-nothing proposition, so that you can try to use the "cure is worse than the disease" illogic, but the fact remains, multiple tests should be the goal. Maybe you can't get a test everyday, but you can't just get ONE and then run around assuming you will never contract the virus.

A one-time coronavirus test is NOT the same thing as getting a flu shot.
You were the one that said people travel and the virus doesn't respect borders. The NJ governor is opening the Jersey Shore for Memorial Day. That's not being done in Dade or Broward. Please do go on about how FL or GA are causing problems for NY.

When you say we're not doing enough testing and I prove to you that the hardest hit spot in the country is testing more than almost anywhere in the world, it kind of negates that point, doesn't it?

I work in a hospital. I know how much work it takes to process tests and how much they cost. Neither I, nor any of my coworkers have been tested. There's no need. That's not a talking point, it's the reality of the situation.

Advertisement
Back