Umm-limited Transfer Rule

Handsome Squidbum

The Strongest Steel is Forged in Dumpster Fires
Premium

psych-psych-woody.gif

Advertisement
Don’t really care how many times as long as they keep the overall cap of 85 instead of annual cap of 25 and then consider transfer windows to help with roster prep.

There is a lot to take from that but the main takeaway for me from an academic standpoint is why would a kid keep bouncing from one school to another? I mean if your goal is to eventually graduate, then you are wasting a lot of time and effort. From a football perspective, you could have for an example a star like a Jordan Addison say "you know what, USC isnt what I expected. I think I'll go back to PA and enroll at Pedo State. Lots of possibilities and it appears a lot more good than bad, IMO

Then again, it may be NCAA trying to prove they are still important. They are sill maggots in a trash can with the king maggot stepping down soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's actually a smart move by the NCAA... It takes a ton of unwanted responsibility away from them and puts it squarely on the University administrations... Let them deal with all the paperwork and such of athletes bouncing back and forth , it'll cause a paperwork nightmare...
In time rules will come forth to slow the flow so to speak which is basically what we have now... I'm assuming in the NCAA's mind things will come full circle... Only difference is the NCAA will not have a say so in things anymore in regards to transfers...

Advertisement
Coaches can leave jobs umm-limited amount of times

I’ll wait for u to give us all an example of a coach that left a stop after a year, not once, but 3 times in a 4 yr window.

Let’s talk about coaches leaving, since this is a narrative that’s taken on a life of its own.

-Mario (2022-Miami)
Left after staying at UO for 4 yrs

-Riley (2022-USC)
Left after staying at OU for 5 yrs

-Napier (2022-UF)
Left after staying at ULL for 4 yrs

-Taggart (2018-FSU / 2017-UO)
Left after staying at USF for 4 yrs
Left after UO for one yr
Fired after 2 yrs at FSU
Current at FAU for 3 yrs

-Kiffin (Current Ole Miss)
Left UTK after one yr
Fired after 3.5 yrs at USC
Left FAU after 3 yrs

Who are the most successful coaches?
Dabo - Clemson (13 yrs)
Saban - Bama (16 yrs)
Smart - UGA (7 yrs)
Day - OSU (4 yrs)
Gundy - OKSt (17 yrs)

The majority of coaches stay at their post for 4 yrs+, and that includes being at G5 programs before moving up in the ranks. I’m not sure when this narrative started taking on a life of its own, but comparing coaches to what these collegiate students are doing is a disingenuous comparison. Furthermore, the recent examples of coaches bailing on a P5 program after only a season for greener pastures led to them being led out to pasture.

I’ll wait for u to give us all an example of a coach that left a stop after a year, not once, but 3 times in a 4 yr window.

Let’s talk about coaches leaving, since this is a narrative that’s taken on a life of its own.

-Mario (2022-Miami)
Left after staying at UO for 4 yrs

-Riley (2022-USC)
Left after staying at OU for 5 yrs

-Napier (2022-UF)
Left after staying at ULL for 4 yrs

-Taggart (2018-FSU / 2017-UO)
Left after staying at USF for 4 yrs
Left after UO for one yr
Fired after 2 yrs at FSU
Current at FAU for 3 yrs

-Kiffin (Current Ole Miss)
Left UTK after one yr
Fired after 3.5 yrs at USC
Left FAU after 3 yrs

Who are the most successful coaches?
Dabo - Clemson (13 yrs)
Saban - Bama (16 yrs)
Smart - UGA (7 yrs)
Day - OSU (4 yrs)
Gundy - OKSt (17 yrs)

The majority of coaches stay at their post for 4 yrs+, and that includes being at G5 programs before moving up in the ranks. I’m not sure when this narrative started taking on a life of its own, but comparing coaches to what these collegiate students are doing is a disingenuous comparison. Furthermore, the recent examples of coaches bailing on a P5 program after only a season for greener pastures led to them being led out to pasture.
But he didn’t say HC. How about OC/DC or position coaches? Players develop close relationships with them and they leave after 1-2 years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back