UMBC - Game 2

Advertisement
Georgia Southern beat Georgia tonight. In baseball, bad teams can win a game against far superior teams.

Miami played a pretty rough game, from defense to base running, to plate approach, there were lots of things to work on, but the fact remains they still won the game.

They’ll finish off the sweep tomorrow and be in a good position to start ACC play next week.

Advertisement
The record is much better but I’m not entirely sure this team is much better than last year. Same mistakes we made last year. I’m worried we’re going to get exposed in ACC play.

The record is much better but I’m not entirely sure this team is much better than last year. Same mistakes we made last year. I’m worried we’re going to get exposed in ACC play.
The hitting is so much better and starting pitching looks very formidable. Defense is obviously worrisome. Team is definitely much better.

Offense is better, but still isn’t consistent enough. There will be nights in conference play where we look like Barry Bonds is batting nine times, and nights where we look like we did last year.

Pitching is better than most teams we will play.

This is a tournament team. I wouldn’t book my flights to Omaha though. That being said I’m confident we get there, just not necessarily this year.

Games like Saturday are the ones that fringe tourney teams lose. We'll be in this year. Playing for seeding.

Advertisement
Midweek wins over FAU and FAU signify improvement. We dropped seemingly all of our games against them last year.

Advertisement
Back