UMBC - Game 2

Advertisement
Advertisement

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Even though it was UMBC, that was a nice win. Their closer is one of the best in the country and the ump had a strike zone as wide as Texas.

Advertisement
What is the expectation for this team? Serious question. I do not live in Miami so I am just curious. I know it is Omaha or bust, been a fan a long time but reality for this year. Tournament team or fringe tournament team? They are young and maybe they start to figure it out type of season?

Even bad teams can play you tough w good pitching. Last year's team loses that game IMO.

You thought that was good pitching by UMBC? I thought it was terrible offense.. This team is more talented than last years..

Better clean up the defense also... 14 errors in 10 games..

What is the expectation for this team? Serious question. I do not live in Miami so I am just curious. I know it is Omaha or bust, been a fan a long time but reality for this year. Tournament team or fringe tournament team? They are young and maybe they start to figure it out type of season?

Omaha or bust

With what I have seen and our rotation (assuming they stay healthy), we are definitely a tournament team. With defensive improvement and some breaks, we could realistically host a regional. The freshmen (Del Castillo and Lala in particular) play like veterans already. We haven't had that in a while.

I watched a little of NC so far, and while a small sample size, I am not sure the ACC is that tough this year.

Advertisement
You thought that was good pitching by UMBC? I thought it was terrible offense.. This team is more talented than last years..

Omaha or bust
I love it! It’s the Miami Hurricanes. Omaha or bust. Thank you for putting me in place. Message received.

Omaha or bust

Yes, I did, especially w that ump's strike zone. Our hitters are taught to take pitches off the plate and we have better hitters than them. Couldn't agree more on the defense. It's been horrid.

With what I have seen and our rotation (assuming they stay healthy), we are definitely a tournament team. With defensive improvement and some breaks, we could realistically host a regional. The freshmen (Del Castillo and Lala in particular) play like veterans already. We haven't had that in a while.

I watched a little of NC so far, and while a small sample size, I am not sure the ACC is that tough this year.
Defense will get better. Little confidence and the D will get better.

Yes, I did, especially w that ump's strike zone. Our hitters are taught to take pitches off the plate and we have better hitters than them. Couldn't agree more on the defense. It's been horrid.

Ump was wide...Way wide.. No doubt... I guess that's good pitching but that starter was trash...

Advertisement
Back