UM wont have "spring game", but multiple open scrimmages

Advertisement
While the view may be better, some of the most anticipated improvements are still a year out. After the coming season, Phase 2 of the privately funded project will begin. That’s when the shade canopy goes up and the scoreboards are replaced. Then in 2017, the parking lots will be redone, with tunnels and bridges planned to help keep the pedestrian traffic away from the vehicular traffic.

An Inside Look At Sun Life Stadium’s $400M Renovation « CBS Miami

This article was almost 2 years old, so your info no longer up-to-date.

My understanding is that the work being done this off-season is all interior work, I know for a fact they're upgrading the 200 club level, and I believe there are other interior spaces that are being renovated/upgraded.

As far as the field turf, and the parking lots, you're just wild guessing. But you stated it as a fact. Find some actual confirmation including links before you post your guesses as facts.

While the view may be better, some of the most anticipated improvements are still a year out. After the coming season, Phase 2 of the privately funded project will begin. That’s when the shade canopy goes up and the scoreboards are replaced. Then in 2017, the parking lots will be redone, with tunnels and bridges planned to help keep the pedestrian traffic away from the vehicular traffic.

My understanding is that the work being done this off-season is all interior work, I know for a fact they're upgrading the 200 club level, and I believe there are other interior spaces that are being renovated/upgraded.

As far as the field turf, and the parking lots, you're just wild guessing. But you stated it as a fact. Find some actual confirmation including links before you post your guesses as facts.

OK

OK

lol one of the best in the biz, [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION].

Advertisement

"Then in 2017, the parking lots will be redone, with tunnels and bridges planned to help keep the pedestrian traffic away from the vehicular traffic."

How far did you get reading the article?

"Then in 2017, the parking lots will be redone, with tunnels and bridges planned to help keep the pedestrian traffic away from the vehicular traffic."

I did read the whole thing, chief.

But I also have enough of a functioning brain to know that that article is almost 2 years old. And all this talk about the parking lot being reimagined, and tunnels, and bridges, and yellow brick roads of 2 years ago, has actually turned into a standard maintenance repaving of the blacktop. You know, like you do on your driveway every few years with the hot tar.

Now, maybe they'll do all that eventually, I don't know, I doubt it, but there's zero indication they're doing that now. We'd be hearing about it if they were.

Spring games don't look good with 60,000 empty seats. Nice move by admin

That right there is ultimately the reason for no spring game. People can try and sell the different events here and there, but I don't see it that way. You could do all of that and have it culminate in the spring game. The problem with that is that it doesn't make sense financially and no matter what anyone says, the lack of attendance compared to our competitors is a drawback.

All in all it can work out, not a huge deal, but it isn't a positive. Traz would be a good venue for our Spring Game crowd sizes, but maybe they're contractually obligated to whatever the he'll our stadium is called these days for these types of events. Wish we had the crowds for a big spring game, but we don't.

Advertisement
Forgive my ignorance, I don't live in the area, but is more work being done on the Rock? Why is it unavailable? I thought all the upgrades were done with last year's work.

Club level upgrades were not completed for last season. The club still looked like a Holiday Inn Express lobby.

But I also have enough of a functioning brain to know that that article is almost 2 years old. And all this talk about the parking lot being reimagined, and tunnels, and bridges, and yellow brick roads of 2 years ago, has actually turned into a standard maintenance repaving of the blacktop. You know, like you do on your driveway every few years with the hot tar.

Now, maybe they'll do all that eventually, I don't know, I doubt it, but there's zero indication they're doing that now. We'd be hearing about it if they were.

lol sounds like youre the one posting BS now.

Better try posting your facts as guesses next time, chief.

Advertisement

Explain what you mean, son. What did I post that was incorrect?

What did you post that was not correct, kid?

So that's your contribution, sonny boy? Refute anything I said. Otherwise, go get your shine box.

Advertisement

So that's your contribution, sonny boy? Refute anything I said. Otherwise, go get your shine box.

Everything you've said has been refuted by [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION]. Refuted!

OriginalRefutedRefutedRefuted

I do like the idea of us rotating a spring scrimmage amongst Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville.

They will always be overrun by Turds and Holes, but we definitely can make headway in getting top prospects from those 3 areas to look seriously at The U.

Everything you've said has been refuted by [MENTION=538]rokulika[/MENTION]. Refuted!

OriginalRefutedRefutedRefuted

I just read that whole string. I don't know why.

Advertisement
Back