2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

college gameday sport GIF

Advertisement
Man... I'm confused lol. Wasn't it posted like 10mins ago that he signed with Oregon?

And why wait? Why do it after all the elite WRs sign elsewhere? Mario pulled off amazing class. No doubt about it. Never questioned his recruiting ability. But this just seems DUMB.

I don’t have the answer. Only thing I can think is he didn’t want the negativity of a firing while he was trying to close out this class. Now that that is done he is going to move on from gattis. Unless you got a replacement firing gattis doesn’t really amount to much in the last 3 weeks. Doubt we would’ve gotten any high school WR even if we fired gattis unless we had a replacement we can name publicly which I’m not sure we do

Advertisement
I don’t have the answer. Only thing I can think is he didn’t want the negativity of a firing while he was trying to close out this class. Now that that is done he is going to move on from gattis. Unless you got a replacement firing gattis doesn’t really amount to much in the last 3 weeks. Doubt we would’ve gotten any high school WR even if we fired gattis unless we had a replacement we can name publicly which I’m not sure we do
And why wouldnt we of found a replacement by now? Why have other teams fired and hired? Its been obvious for months that Gattis didnt belong here with his coaching AND recruiting. Il just never understand with all the $ being poured into the program now, that this was just put on a back burner. Il never understand how our OC doesnt have a sit down with his projected 1st round QB til week 4. How our 8 Million dollar a year coach isnt aware of that. Great recruiting class, but we have a ling way to go with the way we operate. VERY amateur!

I know everyone on this board thinks that but I don’t think that matters as much as we think..we overcame American Heritage in one cycle..put an offense that receivers, qbs and rbs want to play in simple.
AH and SFE are not the same. Not even close.

We’ll find out soon enough. If it’s that simple, we should expect those ‘24 studs to decommitt from OSU once we fire Gattis and hire coach who will work to TVDs strengths. Because that’s going to happen, and soon.

But question - why leave that to chance?? What good does SFE do for SoFla kids except groom them and steer them to other schools? Why do you all allow an outsider to setup shop in SoFla?

Do you think Alabama or Ohio locals would stand by and let a Miami booster/fan/etc setup shop in their backyards, groom their kids and then steer their kids to us?

And why wouldnt we of found a replacement by now? Why have other teams fired and hired? Its been obvious for months that Gattis didnt belong here with his coaching AND recruiting. Il just never understand with all the $ being poured into the program now, that this was just put on a back burner. Il never understand how our OC doesnt have a sit down with his projected 1st round QB til week 4. How our 8 Million dollar a year coach isnt aware of that. Great recruiting class, but we have a ling way to go with the way we operate. VERY amateur!

I don’t disagree. I’m hoping it all works out

Advertisement
And why wouldnt we of found a replacement by now? Why have other teams fired and hired? It’s been obvious for months that Gattis didnt belong here with his coaching AND recruiting. Il just never understand with all the $ being poured into the program now, that this was just put on a back burner. Il never understand how our OC doesnt have a sit down with his projected 1st round QB til week 4. How our 8 Million dollar a year coach isnt aware of that. Great recruiting class, but we have a ling way to go with the way we operate. VERY amateur!
In a lot of ways I think part of it is Mario trying to be diplomatic given circumstances. That whole Broyles award has made us tiptoe around the firing. Mario needs to let potential candidate know he’s intentional. If he fires a guy like that too quickly, it will send a message to others, right or wrong.

I’m willing to bet he’s already having conversations with interested parties reps and as bowl season wraps up, Gattis will be gone one way or another when that next wave of hirings/firings starts.

Just my .01

Advertisement
In a lot of ways I think part of it is Mario trying to be diplomatic given circumstances. That whole Broyles award has made us tiptoe around the firing. Mario needs to let potential candidate know he’s intentional. If he fires a guy like that too quickly, it will send a message to others, right or wrong.

I’m willing to bet he’s already having conversations with interested parties reps and as bowl season wraps up, Gattis will be gone one way or another when that next wave of hirings/firings starts.

Just my .01
Firing him now or a month ago is still firing the ""broyles award winner". Dont see the difference. There needs to be accountability. Thats been missing from this program for YEARS!!! Players and coaches. Tired of coaches lingering around that dont belong. Players that play due to seniority. Needs to stop if were going to go anywhere

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back