2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what WR has been drafted?
You trying to win this argument YEARS before it is complete is as stupid as me saying I traveled to the future and saw that Jacolby George was a 7th round pick so I win the argument.

Stop being purposely stupid. I know you're not this dense.

If you all want to take a W in this argument, then refine the comment to "what draft eligible WR out of the 2 or 3, which happened to break records, that played under Lashlee got drafted?"

That comment has vested and you can take an immediate victory lap.

But taking a victory lap for Smith, Retrepo, George, etc. Not being drafted is premature to its core.

Advertisement
You trying to win this argument YEARS before it is complete is as stupid as me saying I traveled to the future and saw that Jacolby George was a 7th round pick so I win the argument.

If you all want to take a W in this argument, then refine the comment to "what draft eligible WR out of the 2 or 3, which happened to break records, that played under Lashlee got drafted?"

But taking a victory lap for Smith, Retrepo, George, etc. Not being drafted is premature to its core.

you need to go back a page and see the context of the post I quoted before you get so defensive of Lashlee

I'm the one that said none of them will drafted. It's possible that's incorrect but as of October 5th, 2022 I guarantee none of them have any draft stock. This is separate the post said "have been" meaning past tense. If you need help deciphering the English language I'm not your guy but that's facts. Lashlee 2020 and 2021 WRs went undrafted nothing to debate here.

Okay my fault. He got Barnett in 2015. My point still remains the same. He started getting top qbs once they started passing more. In 2013 McCarron was number 30 in total yards and 11th in yards per attempt. The following year Blake Sims was 16th in passing yards and like 6th in passing attempts. Saban was winning rings and still had that foresight to adapt to a more passing friendly system.
No argument there!

So....cancel the program? If it's all doom and gloom and we'll never fill a stadium.

Advertisement
So....cancel the program? If it's all doom and gloom and we'll never fill a stadium.

It’s not the stadium. Kids want to play for winners. All we have to do is win and end on a strong note. I believe Richt’s 1st year finished on a strong note and we ended up with a strong recruiting class. However, we can’t keep going 7-5 or having 4 game losing streaks to end the season then wonder why kids are hesitant to sign. We still get our share of local stars but we’ll get more if we win. I mean kids are transferring to different high schools just for a state championship. Of course they are going to move the same way for college.

I saw a verified twitter account maybe a national writer actually tweet something along the lines of "If you are a top QB recruit, why would you ever go play for Mario Cristobal".

If that tells you what Miami has to deal with.

Do you see anyone tweet that about Texas A&M? What about Georgia when they botched the Justin Fields situation?

Alabama when Nick Saban signed QBs to hand it off? Nah just Mario because he had a QB at Oregon "he ruined" that is in the career PAC 12 passing record books, got picked as the 6th overall pick in ten draft, and won a Rose Bowl.
Hold on

You’re not even sure who said it about Mario

And the ESPN front page story today was Jimbo and his ****** offense

Believe it was a tweet
Yessir the way he worded it was strange

So he’s trying to say hey Miami deals with all this negativity but mentions a tweet that he doesn’t even know who it’s from

Says it doesn’t happen to A&M yet front page of ESPN trashes Jimbo today

Just was an odd way to try and make a point, though I can see what he meant in the first place just poor execution…maybe Gattis was involved…

Advertisement
It’s not the stadium. Kids want to play for winners. All we have to do is win and end on a strong note. I believe Richt’s 1st year finished on a strong note and we ended up with a strong recruiting class. However, we can’t keep going 7-5 or having 4 game losing streaks to end the season then wonder why kids are hesitant to sign. We still get our share of local stars but we’ll get more if we win. I mean kids are transferring to different high schools just for a state championship. Of course they are going to move the same way for college.
Maybe we move our FCS game to the last 2-3 weeks of the season like Bama.

Advertisement
So are we getting ****ey or.....???

No Way Commando GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

I'm still trying to figure out how he regressed under Mario. I mean i know the media spins anything anyway they want but I mean the kids senior year was about as good as it can get. The only two better were a Bama QB who had all the hype and a QB who had the greatest season in college history for a qb...and the kid still went 6th. Are oregon fans that salty? Is the media really that desperate for clicks even from our small fan base?

Advertisement
I'm still trying to figure out how he regressed under Mario. I mean i know the media spins anything anyway they want but I mean the kids senior year was about as good as it can get. The only two better were a Bama QB who had all the hype and a QB who had the greatest season in college history for a qb...and the kid still went 6th. Are oregon fans that salty? Is the media really that desperate for clicks even from our small fan base?

Herbert didn't regress. He arguably had a better year his last year and he was 500 passing yards away from being top 5 in the country in passing yards. These idiots' logic is that if a kid does well in the pros, he should have been incredible in college. It doesn't work like that. It's like saying Dean Smith sucked b/c Jordan only averaged 17 ppg in college.

The whole "Mario ruined Justin Herbert" argument is so weird to me.

Oregon Stats
2016 (Helfrich's last year) - 19 TDs, 4 INTs, 1,936 yards
2017 (Taggart takes over) - 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 1,983 yards
2018 (Mario takes over) - 29 TDs, 8 INTs, 3,151 yards
2019 (Mario 2nd year) - 32 TDs, 5 INTs, 3,471 yards

Justin Herbert wasn't highly ranked coming out of high school. He became the starter as a true freshman in 2016 and had a really strong start to his career. The hype was real early on but how many QBs get hype early on in their careers and end up fizzing out? Herbert got better under Mario.

I guess they were expecting him to win the Heisman in 2019 so there was maybe disappointment there? But the finalists that year were Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma), Justin Fields (Ohio State), and Joe Burrow (LSU). I mean.....those QBs are no joke and they still went 12-2 and he had a solid year that resulted in him being 6th overall.

Washington should have taken him at #2 but they had a defensive minded coach in Del Rio and Chase Young was too good to pass up. Detroit still had Stafford and are a notoriously bad organization. The Giants just took Daniel Jones the year before. Dolphins ****ed up.

That's not to say Mario is an offensive mastermind. We all know he is not. I just don't understand the narrative that Mario ****ed up Herbert.

The whole "Mario ruined Justin Herbert" argument is so weird to me.

Oregon Stats
2016 (Helfrich's last year) - 19 TDs, 4 INTs, 1,936 yards
2017 (Taggart takes over) - 15 TDs, 5 INTs, 1,983 yards
2018 (Mario takes over) - 29 TDs, 8 INTs, 3,151 yards
2019 (Mario 2nd year) - 32 TDs, 5 INTs, 3,471 yards

Justin Herbert wasn't highly ranked coming out of high school. He became the starter as a true freshman in 2016 and had a really strong start to his career. The hype was real early on but how many QBs get hype early on in their careers and end up fizzing out? Herbert got better under Mario.

I guess they were expecting him to win the Heisman in 2019 so there was maybe disappointment there? But the finalists that year were Jalen Hurts (Oklahoma), Justin Fields (Ohio State), and Joe Burrow (LSU). I mean.....those QBs are no joke and they still went 12-2 and he had a solid year that resulted in him being 6th overall.

Washington should have taken him at #2 but they had a defensive minded coach in Del Rio and Chase Young was too good to pass up. Detroit still had Stafford and are a notoriously bad organization. The Giants just took Daniel Jones the year before. Dolphins ****ed up.

That's not to say Mario is an offensive mastermind. We all know he is not. I just don't understand the narrative that Mario ****ed up Herbert.
In before someone uses the word “generational” and I throw up

Herbert didn't regress. He arguably had a better year his last year and he was 500 passing yards away from being top 5 in the country in passing yards. These idiots' logic is that if a kid does well in the pros, he should have been incredible in college. It doesn't work like that. It's like saying Dean Smith sucked b/c Jordan only averaged 17 ppg in college.
I agree he didnt regress but he also didnt flourish. Both arguments have validity. He had nearly 3500 yds and 32 TDS but that was over 14 games which comes out to just under 250 and 2.3 per game. Very good stats but not elite. To give you some sense here, Malik went for 3100 yds in 13 games in 2017. When Herbert went 6th overall, people gave the Chargers **** about it, they saw something others just didnt see and they turned out right. The argument then got flipped on Mario when Herbert blew up immediately that he held him back. There is validity there and there is BS. Of course sports pundits' careers depend on opinions so its not surprise that many took the stance that Mario ruined him or he regressed under him. So now Mario has another highly touted QB in TVD under him and the early returns arent great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back