2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even during those years he still won 2 chamoionships, played for 3.

Excluding his first year, he only lost 7 games combined for all of those years.

Man, if only we had their problems from back then. ****, anyone would love those kinds of problems.

In reality, Mario hasn't even sniffed that rarified air. They did adapt though and became an even more dangerous team. I'm just laughing because the dude above tried calling them out about those early years.
I'm aware. Won it all in year 3 but Nick was recruiting top 3 classes when he was basically still on the Tarmac during his introductory press. It's a giant outlier no doubt. Mario will recruit well, very well, but this is gonna be a long process to arrive to that Bama stratosphere.

Advertisement
It's an easy solution- for a couple years, the UM NIL collective is going to have suck it up and pay well over market value for the top skill position players. If the offense gets back to top 25 (you know, like it was for 2 yrs in a row when Lashlee had an unimpressive group of WRs), then the recruits may see that playing for Mario won't kill their draft prospects and the NIL $$$ won't have to be as high going forward. Unfortunately Cristobal has put himself in this position with the garbage offense , only NIL is going to get him out of it.

Who exactly at WR who played for Lashlee got drafted?

Saban's QB's do alot more than hand it off. Not since Mccarron and them has that been the Saban way. Tua, Hurts, and now Young all throw the ball plenty. Herbet did good things with Mario but I think many know that Herbert could have been even more prolific under a different offense.

Fields thing gets swept cuz UGA won a chip. Mario hasn't.

A&M gets plenty off national heat for the crappy offense.

Think you're reaching a bit

Yea the poster was exaggerating a bit. He went back almost 15 years with those accusations. Blake Sims was a rb the year prior to being a qb and he set school records as a passer in 2014. The following he won a chip with the backup qb from FSU. Those weren’t heralded qbs. He started getting the big time qbs after that with Hurts. Plus he started passing more after 2013. He changed his philosophy.

UGA always get criticized for Fields but Fromm won a ring. UGA was getting criticized for their qb recruitment since Richt to be honest. Some pundits still don’t know how they missed out on Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, and Trevor Lawrence.

As for A&M, everyone knows why they get too recruits but they still scratch their heads. Plus I heard Booger McFarland on Saturday say that Jimbo’s offense always struggle to score points. Imo, I think we receive the same amount of criticism like any traditional program that struggled to win consistently. However, we win get the national hype train. Everyone love the turnover chain and the Sheldrick Redwine whiteboard comments when we were winning. Once we started losing they were tired of the chain and rings.

Advertisement
Yea the poster was exaggerating a bit. He went back almost 15 years with those accusations. Blake Sims was a rb the year prior to being a qb and he set school records as a passer in 2014. The following he won a chip with the backup qb from FSU. Those weren’t heralded qbs. He started getting the big time qbs after that with Hurts. Plus he started passing more after 2013. He changed his philosophy.

UGA always get criticized for Fields but Fromm won a ring. UGA was getting criticized for their qb recruitment since Richt to be honest. Some pundits still don’t know how they missed out on Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, and Trevor Lawrence.

As for A&M, everyone knows why they get too recruits but they still scratch their heads. Plus I heard Booger McFarland on Saturday say that Jimbo’s offense always struggle to score points. Imo, I think we receive the same amount of criticism like any traditional program that struggled to win consistently. However, we win get the national hype train. Everyone love the turnover chain and the Sheldrick Redwine whiteboard comments when we were winning. Once we started losing they were tired of the chain and rings.
By "won a ring" I assume you meant SEC Championship? Because Fromm lost in the title game

Advertisement
By "won a ring" I assume you meant SEC Championship? Because Fromm lost in the title game

My fault. Yea led them to the title game. But my point still remains the same. I don’t think there is any national criticism. Especially when you consider that we have been underwhelming since Dec. 30 2005. It’s wild the poster brought up Saban even though that argument was used between 2007-2012 and he won a title 3 out of those 5 years. He went to Bama as a title contender.

You guys are weird. Bunch of grown men crying over a kid whose last name is ****ey who lives 3000 miles away from campus.

• Haha
Reactions: E1k

Saban signed a 5* Blake Barnett from California the season before Hurts. The QB started the opener vs USC, and Saban benched him after a bad first quarter. Hurts came in a never looked back. Then on to Tua, Mac Jones, and now Young.

Barnett transferred to Arizona State, then to USF, IIRC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yea, NFL loves WRs with under 5 TDs under 500 yards and under 50 catches. 1st round locks both of them. @Da Jumbo Mutombo can elaborate further.
What dumb point are you trying to make today?

Our players are 100% the issue? Yes, makes complete sense that we got smacked by MTSU who has far superior and highly recruited players. Just bc they themselves get smacked by James Madison should be ignored.

All on the players. Got it. You've made your dumb point for the day.

What dumb point are you trying to make today?

Our players are 100% the issue? Yes, makes complete sense that we got smacked by MTSU who has far superior and highly recruited players. Just bc they themselves get smacked by James Madison should be ignored.

All on the players. Got it. You've made your dumb point for the day.
If that was anything close to what I actually said it still wouldn't be half as stupid as Smith and Restrepo have a very good chance at being drafted. These would be mediocre numbers for a season yet alone a 3 year career 🤣. I bet you think Matocha is a lock to be drafted.
REC YARDS AVG TD
Screenshot_20221005_134159.jpg
Screenshot_20221005_134117.jpg

Saban signed a 5* Blake Barnett from California the season before Hurts. The QB started the opener vs USC, and Saban benched him after a bad first quarter. Hurts came in a never looked back. Then on to Tua, Mac Jones, and now Young.

Barnett transferred to Arizona State, then to USF, IIRC.

Okay my fault. He got Barnett in 2015. My point still remains the same. He started getting top qbs once they started passing more. In 2013 McCarron was number 30 in total yards and 11th in yards per attempt. The following year Blake Sims was 16th in passing yards and like 6th in passing attempts. Saban was winning rings and still had that foresight to adapt to a more passing friendly system.

Whether they do or don't, point remains that their status is pending.

So the poster making the point that no WR that played under Lashlee has been drafted, AT THIS POINT, cannot be stated as a fact.
So what WR has been drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back