2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Idk man that's a lot of bread for a high school player. Glad I don't make these decisions

Agree w your last statement for sure but man we really, really need this kid. I’d rather go down swinging if we have the cash and have to put it somewhere. I personally would make sure Hicks got whatever necessary more than anyone, but obviously would not be mad one bit if we did it with this kid because I’m sure we are being competitive for Hicks as well.

Advertisement
What are the chances all these kids get their money

All? I would think slim. That said, I have never seen an NIL contract. And since this is so new, I am not aware that any have been litigated as to enforceability. I would believe that the ones negotiated by an NIL attorney will be more difficult on which to renege.

All? I would think slim. That said, I have never seen an NIL contract. And since this is so new, I am not aware that any have been litigated as to enforceability. I would believe that the ones negotiated by an NIL attorney will be more difficult on which to renege.
I’ve seen the Dan lambert one.

Advertisement
Heard his number is now approaching $6mm. And, yes, he’s the best WR prospect in the country.
Pay Me GIF

Worth it.

Make a statement. Play to win.

The problem is that Oregon has more to do lose on ****ey than we do. Oregon will pay as much as they can to ****ey and with big NILs going to Rashada and Pancake, I doubt we'd be able to match or beat Oregon's number. The deciding factor is quality of life here and whether he is down for the fishing angle.

The problem is that Oregon has more to do lose on ****ey than we do. Oregon will pay as much as they can to ****ey and with big NILs going to Rashada and Pancake, I doubt we'd be able to match or beat Oregon's number. The deciding factor is quality of life here and whether he is down for the fishing angle.

Sounds like what we heard about Mario

look I never said it’d be easy. just make it happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We asked to play with the big boys..... We're now on their playground. We can't just win a few battles and then tuck our tales when we get punched in the mouth. Fvck that! Do whatever it takes to make this kid a Cane.

Man Samson Okunlola number has to be insane if that kid is getting $6m lol
Goes back to the Orlovsky tweet after the draft. The pecking order has changed in football. For the first time, WRs are the second most sought after position in terms of money in the NFL. Top tier WRs are fetching as much as LTs and DEs. I’d imagine that would go for college in the NIL era as well.

Goes back to the Orlovsky tweet after the draft. The pecking order has changed in football. For the first time, WRs are the second most sought after position in terms of money in the NFL. Top tier WRs are fetching as much as LTs and DEs. I’d imagine that would go for college in the NIL era as well.
God I hate him but on this rare occasion he's right.

Man Samson Okunlola number has to be insane if that kid is getting $6m lol

OK....somebody please help me understand this.

At this going rate, if you're signing 8 five-stars and 20 four-stars, as Texas A&M did last year, you're looking at something like $75M per class. So if you're attempting to do that every year you have a payroll of $75M per year.

There is no way that is sustainable. You're talking about 100's of millions of dollars being spent in very short time periods. With no return on investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back