2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
riff raff rap GIF
This hurts me more than it hurts you.

53C57DEB-3C18-43FF-8985-86A3F9F12E0F.gif

Will someone mercifully please throw in the towel and save lil man? This is starting to look like the latter rounds of Muhammad Ali vs Randall “Tex” Cobb.

Advertisement
You're wasting your words here, man. As fans, it is just too easy to get locked into that perspective and forget the human element.

These young men have their own ideas and dreams for their future. And they are establishing relationships with coaches and staff. Some of these people/coaches have been in these players' lives on a weekly (or more) basis for literally years.

Our staff understands this. They understand it isn't easy when a kid gets a phone call from another team that's been recruiting him heavy or that he's committed to saying, "hey man, what's up? I thought we were good. Are you really going to UM this weekend instead of hanging with us?" They are confident that if they get a kid down here, they can show him why UM is the better fit. But they also know if that call happens because everyone and their mother finds out a kid is coming down, they may never get the chance to have the conversation face to face.
Not only that but you have certain schools and kids that are firmly established with each other to the point where a kids family essentially gets an allowance monthly. To be a junior in high school and have schools paying your bills without you doing anything other than telling them your feeling them goes a long way. Sec schools in particular are basically sugar daddies. As most sugar daddies could attest though that only works until they find a better option and they wean off of them.

Advertisement
Anywhere from 10-75k
Insane. I didn’t think it was that high. I assumed $10k ballpark. If you’re Bama, and you have the resources, I can sort of understand if you’re trying to keep 5 stars away from A&M or UGA but that’s crazy. I guess when it’s not your money..

Florida is going to go broke sooner rather than later because that’s a horrible investment for those clowns. They aren’t closing the deal on anyone worth a ****.

Insane. I didn’t think it was that high. I assumed $10k ballpark. If you’re Bama, and you have the resources, I can sort of understand if you’re trying to keep 5 stars away from A&M or UGA but that’s crazy. I guess when it’s not your money..

Florida is going to go broke sooner rather than later because that’s a horrible investment for those clowns. They aren’t closing the deal on anyone worth a ****.
The bar was always 5-25k. Than the Texas schools got fed up a couple years back bumped it up as high as 40k than a & m last year are the reason the 75k figure exists. Just look at it that way, when mac first got back to Carolina he was giving kids 25. That's Carolina where like Clemson it's not a huge investment in that approach. So what do you think the bama,uga,LSU ole **** of the world are doing. Ufag until Mario shut them out recently has approached this like Carolina did. Wasn't a huge priority put into it. But they're aware it's a cesspool **** town in the middle of nowhere. You got no choice but to step up if you're simply getting left behind. Much like we did. But we still have common sense behind stuff. To pay a kid to come visit us in this town is like telling a kid as a hoe house owner in la come fvck our girls. I'll pay them. We just want you to bless them with the ****... Horrible business model.

Lol
I just read through the Ducks 247 board to see what they picked up about ****ey...

Seems to be mixed feelings on what the trip to miami means.

Miamiduck, the guy who was so sure Mario wouldn't leave, is also sure ****ey will sign with Oregon. Interesting, seems he runs some kind of charter business down in Miami...
"Agreed he is not gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he came down here to fish, and couldn’t go out because it is super windy down here. I haven’t been able to take our customers fishing in a week, due to cancellations."
We have known for two weeks it was going to be windy last week and this week. If they came to fish would have most likely changed their vacation date. He still could have gone inshore even in the wind. I’ll agree he wasn’t going offshore. I went 40 miles out last Monday and the seas were 5-6ft with a couple occasionally bigger(that was the good day last week). Would be pretty scary conditions for someone who hasn’t done that before.

Advertisement
The bar was always 5-25k. Than the Texas schools got fed up a couple years back bumped it up as high as 40k than a & m last year are the reason the 75k figure exists. Just look at it that way, when mac first got back to Carolina he was giving kids 25. That's Carolina where like Clemson it's not a huge investment in that approach. So what do you think the bama,uga,LSU ole **** of the world are doing. Ufag until Mario shut them out recently has approached this like Carolina did. Wasn't a huge priority put into it. But they're aware it's a cesspool **** town in the middle of nowhere. You got no choice but to step up if you're simply getting left behind. Much like we did. But we still have common sense behind stuff. To pay a kid to come visit us in this town is like telling a kid as a hoe house owner in la come fvck our girls. I'll pay them. We just want you to bless them with the ****... Horrible business model.
Miami is out of the question but do you think this strategy is effective and efficient for some of these schools or do the kids still end up elsewhere?

I just read through the Ducks 247 board to see what they picked up about ****ey...

Seems to be mixed feelings on what the trip to miami means.

Miamiduck, the guy who was so sure Mario wouldn't leave, is also sure ****ey will sign with Oregon. Interesting, seems he runs some kind of charter business down in Miami...
"Agreed he is not gone. Wouldn’t surprise me if he came down here to fish, and couldn’t go out because it is super windy down here. I haven’t been able to take our customers fishing in a week, due to cancellations."
“He came down here to fish this weekend. Also, no one could fish this weekend”…

Buddy is smoking that QueJay88 pack

Miami is out of the question but do you think this strategy is effective and efficient for some of these schools or do the kids still end up elsewhere?
It's hit or miss. Honestly at this rate money ain't worth **** and the people really behind this, it's a drop in the hat. Some kids would never consider these schools without the Benoist that exposed them to it. You gotta remember we're in a generation that's all about instant gratification. Everyone is from Missouri. Show me if I matter to you & if I do well these people gave me that and you gonna have to do one better. A.d.d. is rampant. It's just this version of reality and all is doing is compounding around a far bigger problem. But I'm not gonna get into philosophy on here.

Advertisement
“He came down here to fish this weekend. Also, no one could fish this weekend”…

Buddy is smoking that QueJay88 pack
This is beyond QueJay88 delusion. What wind is he talking about?

I suppose a 0.0000005mph wind might make the waves too choppy to go fishing, you never know.

Winter Storm Snow GIF by The Weather Channel

Advertisement
Everyone complicates this stuff way too much.

If you're interested in something or somewhere, go see it. You will never make everyone happy, so learn how to be assertive and there's no reason to sneak around with intent.

Simply say, they've got my interest and I'm going to check them out. Nobody can stop you and if someone doesn't want you exploring all your options, **** em. This shadow business and half truths these kids parents are having them operate behind is embarrassing as ****, that coming from a parent. What in the **** are you teaching these young men?
I agree with the sentiment 100%. But there’s a lot more to it than that.

The issue here is money. The root of all evil. Everyone is hunky dory until someone tells you I’ll give you a few thousand to do X, Y, or Z. These kids usually do not come from money so if a person (I.e a coach or person connected to a certain school) says don’t go to your planned visit stay or go to X school for 5-10k or more then all bets are off.

You’re a 16-17 year old kid that’s been grinding your *** off and most of your family don’t or haven’t ever had money and someone says here’s several grand to do something simple. You’re telling me if you’re in that situation, you wouldn’t do it? As others have said everyone is about instant gratification (everyone not just this generation but all generations).

It takes a lot of sacrifice and a very high integrity person to say no in that situation. That doesn’t make these kids bad people, in fact most kids are good kids, it’s just that money can go a long way to helping la familia out.

I read somewhere that the reason for meeting the mayor is that he could let the recruit know about NIL opportunities.
Not if you have questions about the safety of the city of Miami. You then show them the community where the campus is located. I don’t know the family’s economic background but he currently attends school in Palo Alto, well CG is closer to Palo Alto and the surrounding communities than any of these other places except for maybe UCLA which he doesn’t appear to be considering. Bottom line, this would be the move if any family had concerns about the safety of where they might send their kid off to school.

Not if you have questions about the safety of the city of Miami. You then show them the community where the campus is located. I don’t know the family’s economic background but he currently attends school in Palo Alto, well CG is closer to Palo Alto and the surrounding communities than any of these other places except for maybe UCLA which he doesn’t appear to be considering. Bottom line, this would be the move if any family had concerns about the safety of where they might send their kid off to schooGod?
The poster to whom I responded asked about why would the recruit meet the mayor. I responded with what I had read.

If one is seeking objective information regarding safety, there are much better sources than an elected official.

Reactions: jsy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back