2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make them feel the urgency of losing out on development and future $$$. That means show them on the field and with player development results.

Even then, some kids just want to leave and see something else. No big deal. Keep it moving, unlike previous regimes that got stuck in the mud.
For sure this staff will just “next” these disloyal hoes and go to receptive demographic.

And I agree something needs to be seen on the field—clearly they’re not biting on everything else this cycle.

Advertisement
This is a real issue. Anyone raises this question and they’re attacked as a mope, etc.

It’s clear we’re still having trouble keeping the elite guys at home. Can and will Mario fix it? I’d bet on it—but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s obvious that currently we get better reception from national elites than local elites. How do we fix this?
Win

This is a real issue. Anyone raises this question and they’re attacked as a mope, etc.

It’s clear we’re still having trouble keeping the elite guys at home. Can and will Mario fix it? I’d bet on it—but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s obvious that currently we get better reception from national elites than local elites. How do we fix this?

For almost 20 years, South Florida has been a sewer of street agents and corrupt corches and “mentors” unlike any area in the country. NIL didn’t clean that up; in many respects, in fact, it has exacerbated the problem. It’s a got **** **** show right now. Not saying this is the reason why we’ve missed on the local studs this year, but it’s certainly going to be a lingering problem because I don’t believe Miami is going to involve itself — so close to home — with too much of that stuff, at least not to the extent of OSU and the SEC. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see.

On the other side, if I’m being honest, many of these kids, with their newfound wealth, may be best served getting as far away as possible from their family and high school peers. The leeches are coming out of the woodworks, man.

For almost 20 years, South Florida has been a sewer of street agents and corrupt corches and “mentors” unlike any area in the country. NIL didn’t clean that up; in many respects, in fact, it has exacerbated the problem. It’s a got **** **** show right now. Not saying this is the reason why we’ve missed on the local studs this year, but it’s certainly going to be a lingering problem because I don’t believe Miami is going to involve itself — so close to home — with too much of that stuff, at least not to the extent of OSU and the SEC. Maybe I’m wrong, we’ll see.

On the other side, if I’m being honest, many of these kids, with their newfound wealth, may be best served getting as far away as possible from their family and high school peers. The leeches are coming out of the woodworks, man.
This is an interesting perspective. I don’t have much experience with this type of stuff but I can definitely see your point based on anecdotal data from over the years.

Make them feel the urgency of losing out on development and future $$$. That means show them on the field and with player development results.

Even then, some kids just want to leave and see something else. No big deal. Keep it moving, unlike previous regimes that got stuck in the mud.
Yeah

This isn’t making excuses for missing on local kids but look at these relationships Mario has been working on for years paying off already

He just got here. This isn’t going to be an “issue” though we all realize some of these kids are bolting no matter what

Advertisement
on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY
WR Jurrion ****ey was a 5-star visitor to Miami’s campus today for the recruit barbecue / pool party with his brother and mother.

He’d spent yesterday fishing, a big pastime of his.

And he caught a nurse shark.

So can Miami reel in this big fish?

Well, ****ey is committed to Oregon and says he has no plans to shake things up right now.

“The visit today was good, we didn’t stay that long,” he said. “We just went by, said what’s up. I’m just having some fun in the recruiting process.”

Asked if he’s at least giving some consideration to the Canes at this point, ****ey responded, “not really.”

Well, at least it wasn’t a flat “no,” right?

Anyway, you never know in recruiting and we’ll see how this develops moving forward.

on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY
WR Jurrion ****ey was a 5-star visitor to Miami’s campus today for the recruit barbecue / pool party with his brother and mother.

Well, ****ey is committed to Oregon and says he has no plans to shake things up right now.

“The visit today was good, we didn’t stay that long,” he said. “We just went by, said what’s up. I’m just having some fun in the recruiting process.”

Asked if he’s at least giving some consideration to the Canes at this point, ****ey responded, “not really.”

Anyway, you never know in recruiting and we’ll see how this develops moving forward.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Advertisement
on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY

is this a real article? Like the whole thing? If so, incredible. I cracked up at the ‘he caught a nurse shark.’

on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY

I don’t believe a word this website writes. Kid showed up here from cali we clearly have a shot

on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY

Who was the writer for this lmfao

Advertisement
Make them feel the urgency of losing out on development and future $$$. That means show them on the field and with player development results.a

Totally agree with this Lu. One reason I wasn't as high on Mario as others is because I questioned whether he'd be able to recruit at a high level because of how things seem to be in the area. What I underestimated (knock on wood) and/or maybe overlooked was his ability to snag highly rated kids from elsewhere. If he does that and has success on the field and on draft day, more of the South Florida kids will come.

on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY

wtf GIF

on3 write up

5-STAR WR JURRION ****EY

Crazier things have happened. Why would this kid answer those questions honestly anyways.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back