2023 UM trying to lure 5 star WR Jurrion ****ey Offered, Palo Alto, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should say they MAY end up running 3rd or 4th. Us and Tennessee are coming at him extremely hard right now. Cali QB connections maybe. I’ll check my source after the weekend visit when I ask about Ryan Wingo and M’Pemba.
UT and UM will definitely be Involved. BTW below is from June when I was asked about JD

3D12947A-CCC5-403A-89EE-713798F2ADBE.png.

Advertisement
So basically Oregon’s presence should not be dismissed in any way shape or form? Sounds like they are a half step away from being the shoe in but a procedural cog is in the way?

Some kids are ok with waiting until next year to get deals inked and $$. Others aren’t or can’t. Not really a procedural issue. Knight has invested a **** ton in Division Street. I know some folks over there and their ops team is insanely talented and experienced - came from Nike. But from what I understand, they won’t play in the gray or advance $$ before a kid is fully on board. Maybe it’s their Achilles heel right now, though I expect them to adapt.

The South Florida WR's have supplemated the South Florida CB's as the hardest to sign.

Would love to grab ****ey.
It’s definitely still CB IMO.

We have two 4-star South FL WR’s committed in our class right now & signed Brinson, George & Restrepo a couple classes ago.

We have very little to any traction at all with South FL CB’s & unless they’re slow with no place else to go, the high caliber 4/5-star local CB’s rarely ever consider Miami lol

We have two 4-star South FL WR’s committed in our class right now & signed Brinson, George & Restrepo a couple classes ago.

We have very little to any traction at all with South FL CB’s & unless they’re slow with no place else to go, the high caliber 4/5-star local CB’s rarely ever consider Miami lol
Slow lmao

Why?

Advertisement

Is this a coaching or a conference issue? Or is it just as simple as where we’ve been as a team.
UF has sucked for long time and db’s still like going there even before Raymond. Still don’t understand how Addae isn’t having success at the position.
Been waiting for a staff that signs multiple corners that legit play corner that are at least 6ft tall and run sub 4.5’s.
Bama uga and osu have no problem every year doing that but somehow this team has been allergic to that position.

Is it a defensive scheme? Do they see a lack of a dominant dline?

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Jerry Jeudy
Xavier Williams
Frank Ladson
Tyquan Thornton
Xavier Henderson
Kelvin Benjamin
Rashad Greene
Travis Rudolph
Jacorey Brooks
Jaden Alexis
Jalen Brown
Hykeem Williams
Andy Jean
Brandon Innis

Its pretty close LBC

Is this a coaching or a conference issue? Or is it just as simple as where we’ve been as a team.
UF has sucked for long time and db’s still like going there even before Raymond. Still don’t understand how Addae isn’t having success at the position.
Been waiting for a staff that signs multiple corners that legit play corner that are at least 6ft tall and run sub 4.5’s.
Bama uga and osu have no problem every year doing that but somehow this team has been allergic to that position.

Their handlers imo. The diva or personality heavy positions of cb and wrs are gonna be problems no matter the coach. It’s the way the school is treated locally by dudes who have no lives other than acting like celebs bc they know a 15-18 year old

Advertisement
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Jerry Jeudy
Xavier Williams
Frank Ladson
Tyquan Thornton
Xavier Henderson
Kelvin Benjamin
Rashad Greene
Travis Rudolph
Jacorey Brooks
Jalen Brown
Hykeem Williams
Andy Jean
Brandon Innis

Its pretty close LBC

We’ve still signed some **** good ones though that were highly touted. Can’t really the say the same for CB outside of the 2018 class with Blades/Ivey*/Frierson*. I think that’s more so his point.

Mainly a combination of how we’ve played over the last 15+ years, subpar coaching & bad evals in previous regimes.

Advertisement
We’ve still signed some **** good ones though that were highly touted. Can’t really the say the same for CB outside of the 2018 class with Blades/Ivey*/Frierson*. I think that’s more so his point.
Us struggling to recruit CBs Is so weird to me. You would think CB would be the easiest position to recruit for us based of were we are located but the Top CBs in the area rarely give us the time of day. I guess they just don't think we can develop them, it does make sense... The last Good Miami CB in the NFL was like Antrel Rolle. Might just need to make Georgia, Louisiana and Texas a priority for CB recruiting. There is a path to play early here for CBs which is what's so surprising

Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Jerry Jeudy
Xavier Williams
Frank Ladson
Tyquan Thornton
Xavier Henderson
Kelvin Benjamin
Rashad Greene
Travis Rudolph
Jacorey Brooks
Jaden Alexis
Jalen Brown
Hykeem Williams
Andy Jean
Brandon Innis

Its pretty close LBC
2022:
Earl Little Jr
Jacolby Spells
Trevell Mullen
Ryan Turner
James Monds III
Elijah Mc-Cantos
Jamari Sharpe

(But luckily we were able to still get Jaden Harris, Khamauri Rogers & Chris Graves)

Jason Marshall
Omarion Cooper
Markevious Brown
Ja’Den McBurrows
Kevin Knowles II
Davonte Brown
Tyrique Stevenson (that turned out on our favor)
Kaiir Elam
Tiawan Mullen
Jaden Davis
Pat Surtain II
Tyson Campbell
Asante Samuel Jr
Josh Jobe
Divaad Wilson

But you’re right, it’s pretty close down the middle for missed prospects over the last number of classes lol

On the bright side, this regime looks to have found the solution & will replace South FL kids with higher ranked National kids & I’m ecstatic about that.

So not to derail the thread any further lamenting over past misses, JD is legit a top 10 WR & flipping him would be a huge move for us & continue to strengthen the process of turning this program completely around into a contender.

Us struggling to recruit CBs Is so weird to me. You would think CB would be the easiest position to recruit for us based of were we are located but the Top CBs in the area rarely give us the time of day. I guess they just don't think we can develop them, it does make sense... The last Good Miami CB in the NFL was like Antrel Rolle. Might just need to make Georgia, Louisiana and Texas a priority for CB recruiting. There is a path to play early here for CBs which is what's so surprising
Let’s face it we used to have our pick of the local skill position players. We completely lost our advantage over the last few regimes. Going to take a few cycles for Mario to rebuild it.

Advertisement
Amari Cooper
Calvin Ridley
Jerry Jeudy
Xavier Williams
Frank Ladson
Tyquan Thornton
Xavier Henderson
Kelvin Benjamin
Rashad Greene
Travis Rudolph
Jacorey Brooks
Jaden Alexis
Jalen Brown
Hykeem Williams
Andy Jean
Brandon Innis

Its pretty close LBC
This is a real issue. Anyone raises this question and they’re attacked as a mope, etc.

It’s clear we’re still having trouble keeping the elite guys at home. Can and will Mario fix it? I’d bet on it—but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s obvious that currently we get better reception from national elites than local elites. How do we fix this?

This is a real issue. Anyone raises this question and they’re attacked as a mope, etc.

It’s clear we’re still having trouble keeping the elite guys at home. Can and will Mario fix it? I’d bet on it—but it hasn’t happened yet. It’s obvious that currently we get better reception from national elites than local elites. How do we fix this?
Make them feel the urgency of losing out on development and future $$$. That means show them on the field and with player development results.

Even then, some kids just want to leave and see something else. No big deal. Keep it moving, unlike previous regimes that got stuck in the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back