UM to be on UNSOLVED MYSTERIES

Advertisement
Hiring Randy Shannon was the first and biggest mistake. The program was still salvageable, just a few years removed from back to back title appearances. But Radio buried the program even further.

The world of college football changed dramatically and UM sat in the corner pretending it wasn’t changing. The old “this is how we’ve always done it” way of thinking killed the program. Here’s a tip for anything in life. If you’re still trying to do something the exact same way you did it 40 years ago, you’re falling behind.

Most of it is definitely that they keep hiring the same ******* guy in a different suit, some slick “CEO”type, hoping they can recruit themselves through the problem. We haven’t had an x and o football philosophy that gives us a competitive advantage in 30 years aside from buzzwords about how we’d like to play. The game has changed where the guys succeeding are actually smart tactical coaches.

The secondary concern for me which would be tough to quantify but is also impossible to ignore in the results is for a team so dependent on one region to recruit, it seems like the guys who stay home to play for us don’t develop like the guys who leave do. Idk why that is. Most of it is on the coach but I do think there is something to the idea that getting away helps kids focus and get outside the incubator a little bit. Mom, family, childhood friends, etc.

The rest like attendance and whatever, winning cures all. I think those things two things are causal.

airplane-movie-fight-scene.gif

Advertisement
The bag schools from up north, found our secret… our “fountain of youth”, so to speak, and started throwing big money at it. The wall that Howard built, and Jimmy and Dennis, nurtured for talent, began to develop holes in it. Add in the fact that we had administrators **** bent on trying to make us the Harvard of the South, and ignoring what was happening right in front of their eyes. Money, big money was exchanging hands, and how did we combat it? By making 2 ****** hires, in a row, and further handcuffing those ****** hires, by handing them an outdated and underfunded infrastructure. The “we’ve always did it like this”, line was in full swing, as we watched our rivals, and others hoist championship trophies. Teams snd fanbases that we used to laugh at, and now were winning big, at our expense….. and get this…. most of em were winning with OUR TALENT. Remember this line, when we joined the ACC…”Just because we’re in your league, doesn’t mean that you’re in ours.” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣. Fun times mane… fun times! To sum it up, The people at the top of this university really fell asleep at the wheel and drove this somebitch off a cliff. Case closed.

The Title of the Episode on UNSOLVED MYSTERIES is, "What Happened with UM Football?"

That's all I have for right now - but we can all agree - it's a real UNSOLVED MYSTERY.

(got any clues/ideas/postulations?)
It all started when the “ suits” at Miami during the days of “ rings “ started to be more concerned about what the press and our competitors thought of us and took our eye off championships.
This was happening I’m figuring during the JJ and Erickson years and was the start of the fall.

Our whole mindset was purged and mediocrity replaced a domination , crush your adversaries and feed mindset.

Once you surrender this mindset your victims take hold of it against you.

Now others have it and cherish it every single year in the playoffs using what we GAVE AWAY.

SAD isn’t it

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back