UM student newspaper adds to pressure on Golden

Advertisement
You all should be thanking Erika for this one. She went out of her way and put herself on the line for this.

Good...now we need others within the university to do the same. This needs to be an absolutely miserable year for the program. If this administration won't act their lives need to be made impossible.

You all should be thanking Erika for this one. She went out of her way and put herself on the line for this.

I dont know who Erika is but Teddy when u see her give er a big hug/kiss/thank u on my behalf. Rage against the machine.

Erika Glass wrote the article and she's a really nice person. I'll do two of the three things you requested. #RageAgainstTheMachine.

how is that out on the line. Its accurate. and she's press. you telling me they are moving from censoring signs at BUC to outright press censorship or pressure?

It's the headline story rather than buried in the sports section.

The school has gone all out to censor any guerilla activities at the BUC and that same message had been at least followed at the school newspaper due to implied pressure. Now Erika said I do what I want and posted this. She also directly contradicted the douchebag kid/peer that lied about William Herrera last week and that alone was brave enough.

I say she put herself out there because she did what a lot of The Hurricane staff were scared and intimidated to do.

Last edited:

Good...now we need others within the university to do the same. This needs to be an absolutely miserable year for the program. If this administration won't act their lives need to be made impossible.

It still wont happen at the BUC but it might encourage some disgruntled fans at the school to be a little more vocal if Erika faces no retribution.

Advertisement

how is that out on the line. Its accurate. and she's press. you telling me they are moving from censoring signs at BUC to outright press censorship or pressure?

It's the headline story rather than buried in the sports section.

The school has gone all out to censor any guerilla activities at the BUC and that same message had been at least followed at the school newspaper due to implied pressure. Now Erika said I do what I want and posted this. She also directly contradicted the douchebag kid/peer that lied about William Herrera last week and that alone was brave enough.

I say she put herself out there because she did what a lot of The Hurricane staff were scared and intimidated to do.

Erika and I have been friends since Freshman year.

"That season, Golden also coached the Hurricanes to a spot in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. This was Miami’s first bowl appearance since 2010 after the Nevin Shapiro ponzi scheme scandal.".

I could've sworn we played Louserville last year in the bowl game.

That was pretty soft. It's basically a story saying some fans want Folden fired. Then, it closes with some limp ****** claiming he still supports Folden.

If the writer catches any heat over that from UM, then they should shut that paper down.

Advertisement
That was pretty soft. It's basically a story saying some fans want Folden fired. Then, it closes with some limp ****** claiming he still supports Folden.

If the writer catches any heat over that from UM, then they should shut that paper down.
I commend the girl for putting herself out there but I agree. Nothing strong about the article other than its existence on the front page.

I commend the girl for putting herself out there but I agree. Nothing strong about the article other than its existence on the front page.

It's a pretty sad statement about the police state that exists at UM when writing a soft, factually insufficient fluff piece that contains no opinion is considered "putting yourself out there."

This speaks much deeper to UM's disdain for freedom of the press and the first amendment than it does to anything the author wrote. That article was as soft as you could be.

"That season, Golden also coached the Hurricanes to a spot in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. This was Miami’s first bowl appearance since 2010 after the Nevin Shapiro ponzi scheme scandal.".

READ MAN
Despite backlash from fans, Golden has been recognized for his performance. In 2013, he received the Lombardi Award for Excellence in Coaching, which came at the heels of a 9-4 season that was on track to lead the Hurricanes to their first division title, only to be stopped by Florida State University during conference play.

That season, Golden also coached the Hurricanes to a spot in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. This was Miami’s first bowl appearance since 2010 after the Nevin Shapiro ponzi scheme scandal.

all we can hope for is that the Admiral is the new Pres this Spring and he comes in to clean house

Advertisement

READ MAN
Despite backlash from fans, Golden has been recognized for his performance. In 2013, he received the Lombardi Award for Excellence in Coaching, which came at the heels of a 9-4 season that was on track to lead the Hurricanes to their first division title, only to be stopped by Florida State University during conference play.

That season, Golden also coached the Hurricanes to a spot in the Russell Athletic Bowl in Orlando. This was Miami’s first bowl appearance since 2010 after the Nevin Shapiro ponzi scheme scandal.

Gotcha ;)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back