UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

Rivals spoke to one of Lyons family members about his appearance at the BBQ.

" it boils down to what made him choose FSU, the DT coach there has been there for a while, playing time played a factor with FSU needing him more than Miami would with Leonard Taylor (at UM),” the source said."

Seems like he wants guaranteed playing time. or the easiest possible path to it.

As far as Dante Anderson, Ga Tech and Penn st are recruiting him. Ga Tech pretty hard according to the source.
That’s fine. Have fun getting bullied by us during your 4 years.

Advertisement
F it;

I just can’t anymore.

Let me type this in all caps, so the ppl in the back can feel this:

WE DO NOT NEED TO RECRUIT ON THE LEVEL OF BAMA TO WIN THE COASTAL. IN FACT, FOR THE PAST 10 YRS, WE’VE OUT RECRUITED THE ENTIRE ACC WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLEMSON, & FSU. WE HAVE 1 COASTAL TITLE TO SHOW FOR IT, AND A GRAND TOTAL OF 6 GUYS DRAFTED IN THE 1ST ROUND IN 10 YRS.

We’ve become reliant on the portal b/c of our staff’s inability to either identity, & recruit the right players, and/or develop the ones we currently have. We had the #12 ranked class in the nation in 2017. We had the #8 class, IN THE NATION, in 2018, champ! Where are those guys from 2017 who should be the leaders here? What about 2018??

Bags r thee lowest hanging fruit out there. The bag man has been around before all of us being around! Bama was giving out bags prior to Saban. They got hit heavy on penalties for it. Yet, those bags weren’t enough to stop them from getting their *** beat every season, or continue to get top players. That’s what some of ya’ll don’t understand.

Nevin’s little bull chit gesture was child’s play compared to other schools. While he was giving tours on yacht w/ some ladies of the night on there, USC was moving ppl’s families. UT was handing out Cadillac Escalades. Bama was droppin $150k to secure a recruit & falsify ACT scores! U think players were coming to Miami b/c of Nevin F’ing Shapiro?? No! They came b/c we were kicking *** & sending them to the NFL in the 1st round. EVEN with dealing w/ bagmen.

It’s time to retire that lame *** excuse FOR NOT WINNING THE COASTAL OR DEVELOPING THE BEST CLASSES IN THE ENTIRE ACC SANS CLEMPSON!
Ufc 205 Mma GIF by UFC

Rivals spoke to one of Lyons family members about his appearance at the BBQ.

" it boils down to what made him choose FSU, the DT coach there has been there for a while, playing time played a factor with FSU needing him more than Miami would with Leonard Taylor (at UM),” the source said."

Seems like he wants guaranteed playing time. or the easiest possible path to it.

As far as Dante Anderson, Ga Tech and Penn st are recruiting him. Ga Tech pretty hard according to the source.
It’s one thing to say they have a favorable depth chart but to literally drop a guy’s name is soft. I don’t understand how you could get worried about one dude.

Advertisement
I can understand the “i don’t want to play behind _________” mentality at certain positions where only one person plays like QB, punter, place kicker and possibly running back though most schools platoon at running back.
But there are 2 DT’s on every single play so who cares if there is a freshmen stud one year ahead of you. In fact, if his family member had any sense they would want Lyons to play next to Taylor who will undoubtedly receive the double teams leaving the other DT with continuous single blocking. Its actually the ideal situation for a DT and we ahve seen planets of DT’s look better than they are because of playing next to a stud.

I like both prospects. Lyons much better than Anderson.

dont see major difference makers. I do see solid starters for a year or so but no huge upside.

Idk what’s going on with this cat and I won’t bother reading this thread. F him if he not with us. Get beat 4 yrs in a row. Go enjoy college mf

Advertisement
No thanks. And sounds like this kid will be a bust with that attitude.
Take it with a grain of salt. Kid is committed to FSU and showed up at our pool party? If he was committed to us and did that for FSU we would be calling for his head. It looks more like the staff wanted him to hold off on committing until some higher-up players make a decision, he didn't want to wait, pulled the trigger to FSU, and we are still recruiting him. What is the kid going to say? I tried to commit to UM but they wanted me to wait so I took FSU for now? He went to the default... Playing time.

This was my dude when I was at the ridge saw him,Leonard Taylor, and Anderson as real young guys Daniel I always liked csz his anger while playing but Leonard was always the athletic and future superstar Dante is just to small of an end but lighting speed and great bend that being said Dante and Daniel don’t seem like the same kids I coached and talked to on and off the field

This was my dude when I was at the ridge saw him,Leonard Taylor, and Anderson as real young guys Daniel I always liked csz his anger while playing but Leonard was always the athletic and future superstar Dante is just to small of an end but lighting speed and great bend that being said Dante and Daniel don’t seem like the same kids I coached and talked to on and off the field
If you have lightning get off on the line, you can play weak side at like 6’2” 250 like Vernon did at a high enough level. Anderson should be recruited in addition to Kelly IMO.

Advertisement
I can understand the “i don’t want to play behind _________” mentality at certain positions where only one person plays like QB, punter, place kicker and possibly running back though most schools platoon at running back.
But there are 2 DT’s on every single play so who cares if there is a freshmen stud one year ahead of you. In fact, if his family member had any sense they would want Lyons to play next to Taylor who will undoubtedly receive the double teams leaving the other DT with continuous single blocking. Its actually the ideal situation for a DT and we ahve seen planets of DT’s look better than they are because of playing next to a stud.
I was just about to post the same thing. Football is the ultimate team sport (a concept lot of kids today forget), so when your teammate lining up next to you shines you have a high chance of shining by default.

Anyway, Clemson stacks DL talent every **** year, and the guys they sign know very well the talent in front of them. But when you recruit dogs, they WANT to play with the best because it makes them better. I want the kid who says, 'I want to be better than LT.'

Beta mentality. Not impressed.

Dude, thats the problem…Transfers have defined this program. That’s not a good thing. Furthermore, U’re confusing what or why we’re taking so many transfers w/ the rest of CFB. Top programs r not bludgeoning the portal. They dip for a player or two. The NIL will enhance recruiting from the HS level.

We’re utilizing the portal b/c our HS recruiting has been ***. Hence, we’ve been left w/ no choice. We’ve had to get WRs, QBs, DE’s, CBs, Safeties, DTs & OL from the portal! Brotha, that’s unheard of. That’s not normal. Lol. Which is y we continue to be a 6-8 win program, consistently.

Edit: but we should be 15-0 this yr. No less than 14-1.
A couple incorrect things in this. Miami has been outstanding in selecting transfers. That isn't a bad thing. Not grabbing a ready made player from the portal is malpractice. Taking 3-4 players from portal is not unheard of unless you've decided to not pay attention to the top 25. Alabama grabbed a LB from the Vols, a WR from Ohio State. Notre Dame had 4 contributors on their roster last year. Oklahoma took 6 for this upcoming year. Half of UGA's starting secondary will be transfers. So is their starting QB and so will be their hybrid TE/WR.

So it isn't unheard of. The best teams in the country do it. Miami was just ahead of the curve

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back