UM staff pushing for 4-star local DT Lyons

Advertisement
We're all speculating on 1. if there's a board, 2. who's on the board, 3. where they're stacked on the board and 4. how likely each of them is to choose Miami.

If Simpson and Diaz have a deep board we don't know about and high likelihood to get targets that are above Lyons and even Tarber, great. But I think it's reasonable for fans to be concerned who have seen past recruiting misfires, especially when there is almost ZERO buzz abut anyone at DT except Lucas. And even for him it's super unclear where Miami really stands with him at the moment.

I like Simpson, and overall the recruiting has taken a big step forward. Just a concerned fan. Only real concerns for me in this cycle are LB, DT and OL in that order.

F it;

I just can’t anymore.

Let me type this in all caps, so the ppl in the back can feel this:

WE DO NOT NEED TO RECRUIT ON THE LEVEL OF BAMA TO WIN THE COASTAL. IN FACT, FOR THE PAST 10 YRS, WE’VE OUT RECRUITED THE ENTIRE ACC WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLEMSON, & FSU. WE HAVE 1 COASTAL TITLE TO SHOW FOR IT, AND A GRAND TOTAL OF 5 GUYS DRAFTED IN THE 1ST ROUND IN 10 YRS.

We’ve become reliant on the portal b/c of our staff’s inability to either identity, & recruit the right players, and/or develop the ones we currently have. We had the #12 ranked class in the nation in 2017. We had the #8 class, IN THE NATION, in 2018, champ! Where are those guys from 2017 who should be the leaders here? What about 2018??

Bags r thee lowest hanging fruit out there. The bag man has been around before all of us being around! Bama was giving out bags prior to Saban. They got hit heavy on penalties for it. Yet, those bags weren’t enough to stop them from getting their *** beat every season, or continue to get top players. That’s what some of ya’ll don’t understand.

Nevin’s little bull chit gesture was child’s play compared to other schools. While he was giving tours on yacht w/ some ladies of the night on there, USC was moving ppl’s families. UT was handing out Cadillac Escalades. Bama was droppin $150k to secure a recruit & falsify ACT scores! U think players were coming to Miami b/c of Nevin F’ing Shapiro?? No! They came b/c we were kicking *** & sending them to the NFL in the 1st round. EVEN with dealing w/ bagmen.

It’s time to retire that lame *** excuse FOR NOT WINNING THE COASTAL OR DEVELOPING THE BEST CLASSES IN THE ENTIRE ACC SANS CLEMPSON!
preach GIF

Then he needs to stay in the NFL if that's his recruiting strategy. That ain't how it works at this level.
I agree with you but am wondering - since you are a high school coach - are there any coaches in today's recruiting landscape who can get away with that approach? Saban? Dabo? And perhaps a handful of others. Curious....

Advertisement
Dude, thats the problem…Transfers have defined this program. That’s not a good thing. Furthermore, U’re confusing what or why we’re taking so many transfers w/ the rest of CFB. Top programs r not bludgeoning the portal. They dip for a player or two. The NIL will enhance recruiting from the HS level.

We’re utilizing the portal b/c our HS recruiting has been ***. Hence, we’ve been left w/ no choice. We’ve had to get WRs, QBs, DE’s, CBs, Safeties, DTs & OL from the portal! Brotha, that’s unheard of. That’s not normal. Lol. Which is y we continue to be a 6-8 win program, consistently.

Edit: but we should be 15-0 this yr. No less than 14-1.
Baylor did that and won a chip in basketball.. but I get your point Rell and agree gotta recruit better or it will be another 30 years.. I know what Milwaukee fans feel like haven't won since 1971😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

No excuse losing a homestead kid to the holes. I know numbers are tight and he’s not elite.. but ****

Yet you still think is a loss, if we had gotten him this same exact post would've been used to complain about why we should've waited.

Baylor did that and won a chip in basketball.. but I get your point Rell and agree gotta recruit better or it will be another 30 years.. I know what Milwaukee fans feel like haven't won since 1971😂😂😂🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️

Yeah; basketball is totally different game though. U only need two dudes & it’s a wrap. Lol. Plus Baylor has a helluva coach, man.

Advertisement
F it;

I just can’t anymore.

Let me type this in all caps, so the ppl in the back can feel this:

WE DO NOT NEED TO RECRUIT ON THE LEVEL OF BAMA TO WIN THE COASTAL. IN FACT, FOR THE PAST 10 YRS, WE’VE OUT RECRUITED THE ENTIRE ACC WITH THE EXCEPTION OF CLEMSON, & FSU. WE HAVE 1 COASTAL TITLE TO SHOW FOR IT, AND A GRAND TOTAL OF 5 GUYS DRAFTED IN THE 1ST ROUND IN 10 YRS.

We’ve become reliant on the portal b/c of our staff’s inability to either identity, & recruit the right players, and/or develop the ones we currently have. We had the #12 ranked class in the nation in 2017. We had the #8 class, IN THE NATION, in 2018, champ! Where are those guys from 2017 who should be the leaders here? What about 2018??

Bags r thee lowest hanging fruit out there. The bag man has been around before all of us being around! Bama was giving out bags prior to Saban. They got hit heavy on penalties for it. Yet, those bags weren’t enough to stop them from getting their *** beat every season, or continue to get top players. That’s what some of ya’ll don’t understand.

Nevin’s little bull chit gesture was child’s play compared to other schools. While he was giving tours on yacht w/ some ladies of the night on there, USC was moving ppl’s families. UT was handing out Cadillac Escalades. Bama was droppin $150k to secure a recruit & falsify ACT scores! U think players were coming to Miami b/c of Nevin F’ing Shapiro?? No! They came b/c we were kicking *** & sending them to the NFL in the 1st round. EVEN with dealing w/ bagmen.

It’s time to retire that lame *** excuse FOR NOT WINNING THE COASTAL OR DEVELOPING THE BEST CLASSES IN THE ENTIRE ACC SANS CLEMPSON!
This needs to be pinned to the top board. Our db recruiting has proven this to be true. We need top Ol and Dl coaches. We get that and we're back.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Rivals spoke to one of Lyons family members about his appearance at the BBQ.

" it boils down to what made him choose FSU, the DT coach there has been there for a while, playing time played a factor with FSU needing him more than Miami would with Leonard Taylor (at UM),” the source said."

Seems like he wants guaranteed playing time. or the easiest possible path to it.

As far as Dante Anderson, Ga Tech and Penn st are recruiting him. Ga Tech pretty hard according to the source.

" it boils down to what made him choose FSU, the DT coach there has been there for a while, playing time played a factor with FSU needing him more than Miami would with Leonard Taylor (at UM),” the source said."

Seems like he wants guaranteed playing time. or the easiest possible path to it.

As far as Dante Anderson, Ga Tech and Penn st are recruiting him. Ga Tech pretty hard according to the source.
Sounds like kid that doesn’t want to compete

Kobe Bryant GIF

Advertisement

If you're a dt recruit and literally 1 player makes you question if you'll get playing time at a school then I wonder if you have that dog to take playing time without it being handed to you

Sounds like kid that doesn’t want to compete

Make no mistake, every kid would rather come into a depleted depth chart. No one wants to slave behind 2-3 other kids or redshirt. Even Trequon Fegans told us straight out that he looked at the depth charts.

But Lyons should be thinking a little more clearly than this. Taylor is ahead of him, true, but overall depth at DT is pretty shaky for 2022. We regularly play 4 and with only 5 coming back for 2022 and factoring in injuries, Lyons has a decent chance for playing time even as a true FR.

Make no mistake, every kid would rather come into a depleted depth chart. No one wants to slave behind 2-3 other kids or redshirt. Even Trequon Fegans told us straight out that he looked at the depth charts.

But Lyons should be thinking a little more clearly than this. Taylor is ahead of him, true, but overall depth at DT is pretty shaky for 2022. We regularly play 4 and with only 5 coming back for 2022 and factoring in injuries, Lyons has a decent chance for playing time even as a true FR.
Agree

Advertisement
Back