UM signee DJ Johnson posts 100M PR

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
IMG_0045.jpg

6-5, 250-pound Miami defensive line signee DJ Johnson posted a personal best 100M time on Saturday with an 11.56 at the Weldon Moe Moore Relays. In addition to his 100M event, Johnson also recorded a personal record of 47'1 in shot put.

[TWEET]840683948908851200[/TWEET]

Johnson told CanesInSight he still has more in the tank, too.

"It was a slow one for me," Johnson said. "Next week I'll be back at 100%."

He added that he believes he can get down to 10.9 in the 100M.

Defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski discussed Johnson's recruitment on signing day with CanesInSight.

"I got a call at some point early in the spring. This guy calls me lie six times and we couldn't call him back so I texted him and we were allowed to text. He texted me back and said 'I'm DJ Johnson, I'm the number one defensive end in the country and I'm interested in the Canes," Kuligowski explained.

"I told him to send me his HUDL film. I watched it and was like 'wow I really like this guy and can see why he has all these offers'. We started talking more frequently. That kid chose this school because of its history of putting guys in the NFL, winning national championships -- he definitely chose this place because it is Miami and they are the Canes. I was just happy that he felt the same way about us as we did about him."

"Maybe he'll be a bigger defensive end, but I don't think he'll move inside," Kuligowski said.

Advertisement
You want a "true Cane"? Doesn't get any better than a kid calling you repeatedly because he's interested in the U. Hope the SFLA kids are taking notes.

Cases like these is where I suspect some of these cats really got into the 30 for 30 docs. Younger guy in Cali saw the tradition and probably fell in love.

Advertisement
Something about people named DJ from California calling us up. Is there any way we can have a mass naming of boys in California as DJ?

Something about people named DJ from California calling us up. Is there any way we can have a mass naming of boys in California as DJ?

I am in the process of renaming my sons Preathus and Cherndle to DJ right now, just in case they end up being good athletes.

Advertisement
View attachment 43586

6-5, 250-pound Miami defensive line signee DJ Johnson posted a personal best 100M time on Saturday with an 11.56 at the Weldon Moe Moore Relays. In addition to his 100M event, Johnson also recorded a personal record of 47'1 in shot put.

[TWEET]840683948908851200[/TWEET]

Johnson told CanesInSight he still has more in the tank, too.

"It was a slow one for me," Johnson said. "Next week I'll be back at 100%."

He added that he believes he can get down to 10.9 in the 100M.

Defensive line coach Craig Kuligowski discussed Johnson's recruitment on signing day with CanesInSight.

"I got a call at some point early in the spring. This guy calls me lie six times and we couldn't call him back so I texted him and we were allowed to text. He texted me back and said 'I'm DJ Johnson, I'm the number one defensive end in the country and I'm interested in the Canes," Kuligowski explained.

"I told him to send me his HUDL film. I watched it and was like 'wow I really like this guy and can see why he has all these offers'. We started talking more frequently. That kid chose this school because of its history of putting guys in the NFL, winning national championships -- he definitely chose this place because it is Miami and they are the Canes. I was just happy that he felt the same way about us as we did about him."

"Maybe he'll be a bigger defensive end, but I don't think he'll move inside," Kuligowski said.

but is the block still on fire?

That's one big dude that if you **** off, you won't be able to tuck tail and get away from.

That's nuts. Doesn't even look right w a giant outrunning the normal sized sprinters. This kid will be Eating, no, Feasting on some serious Opponents. Can't wait. And Ditto on his attitude...he a Cane

Advertisement
He is not a "True Cane" because he called 6 times and expressing his interest in being a Cane, he is a True Cane because he called himself "the number one defensive end in the country". That's old time Cane swagger. That's a true cane.

Advertisement
I may be wrong but that might be a sign of the level of competition he faces in football...

He had the most offers in the country. His competition wasn't the best but clearly all the coaches weren't complaining about that when they offered him. Plus he had a good performance in the under armour game practices week and jumped over 75 spots on 247

I may be wrong but that might be a sign of the level of competition he faces in football...

He had the most offers in the country. His competition wasn't the best but clearly all the coaches weren't complaining about that when they offered him. Plus he had a good performance in the under armour game practices week and jumped over 75 spots on 247

Calm down Pat Garrett. It was just an observation

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back