2024 UM offers 2024 DB Antione Jackson (Flips/Commits to Miami)

Advertisement
Bring him and his family in, and convince him to stay.

If he still won't, then do what's best for the University of Miami, who invested time, energy and money in his recruitment and said no to another kid so he could come.

Release him to any school with the exception of the D1 in-state schools (UF, FSU, UCF, USF), the top SEC schools who recruit in FL (Bama, UGA, Auburn, TAMU, LSU), Colorado, and any school that's on our schedule for the next 5 years (aka the ACC, ND, USCe, etc).

Have a nice trip. Enjoy the light show.

He can’t be allowed to poach a player without consequence. The player has to use his 1 time transfer at a minimum.

The problem with that is we'd be doing Deion a favor (at least in the short term). If Jackson uses his transfer to get to Boulder, he'll have to sit out a year if he wants to leave Boulder before graduating. Of course, there's a pretty strong chance Deion isn't in Boulder in 3 years anyway, in which case you may be making it harder for him to follow Deion (unless Jackson has graduated by then)... so who knows?

Advertisement
Ronnie Coleman sized quads sir.
bodybuilding GIF

hes 16 but w.e. we were all perfectly mature at 16-17 years old. we should pull up all of our HS tapes to see how mature we all were. either way, hes not gonna end up here whether or not hes released. **** learn his lesson if he realizes he made a mistake. if he succeeds elsewhere, **** think that he made the best choice he ever could have dreamed. im just not judging a 16 year old making a 16 year old decision. he didnt break the law. he didnt do anything illegal. he simply wants to go to another School. its not the end of the world for us or for him. let him do him and call it a day. what joy are you getting from making a 16-17 year old miserable bc your 30+ year old self relies on HS recruiting for entertainment?
You have a soft spot for kids and their immaturity. I can respect that. But at some point we’ve all got to grow up and take responsibility for our actions and decisions.

That’s just life and he’s going to have to learn at some point.

Advertisement
Most of our fanbase are just miserable emotional clowns bro. They wouldn’t give af about these kids or legends if they didn’t play at miami, they look at them as a number on the back of their jersey and entertainment.

The thin line between them singing praises for a them and saying *** them is based of where they play football.
💯💯 most people on this board don’t care about these kids. Only what they can do for Miami. And if they can’t do it to their made up standards then they’ll kill the kids that chose the U willingly as well

💯💯 most people on this board don’t care about these kids. Only what they can do for Miami. And if they can’t do it to their made up standards then they’ll kill the kids that chose the U willingly as well
That may be true to some extend but in this particular situation, maybe it has more to do with a persons principals than it does allegiance to a school. If he feels its not a fit I wish him well in his endevers. No ill will, gotta do whats best for you. There is a transfer process in place to facilitate that but no way should they go out of their way to provide a rarely used exception and release someone from a contract for no good reason. Thats part of growing up and learning to become an adult. Real life decisions have real life consequences. Thats not even a real consequence if we are keeping it a buck, so he uses his one free transfer... big del so what

If it were my own son I wouldnt request a release from NLI. I would choose to use it as a learning experience on the importance of taking your time with life changing decisions and how to deal with a little adversity if you make a wrong one.

You can post whatever you want, as can I. I just call them as I see them. Pretty sure you know where I’m coming from.

Additionally, it’s impossible to flip a roster with 100% of high school recruits being at your disposal immediately during their freshman year. You have to take some projects, but you do you.

Yes. I’m critical of Mario’s failures and try to give credit where credit is due. 5-7 needs to be turned around because it was blamed on the players and we got beat badly by teams we should not have…lots of excuses when people were comparing USC, but then we got waxed by first year coach Duke. Rosters can be flipped through high school recruiting and the portal but we just don’t seem to aggressively attack both effectively.

I’m not positive it was Ole Miss (but I think you’re correct) but I definitely remember him wanting to transfer
Yea when you have portis in your ear everyday and then a pre-injury gore coming up it would be hard not to bounce.

Advertisement
hes 16 but w.e. we were all perfectly mature at 16-17 years old. we should pull up all of our HS tapes to see how mature we all were. either way, hes not gonna end up here whether or not hes released. **** learn his lesson if he realizes he made a mistake. if he succeeds elsewhere, **** think that he made the best choice he ever could have dreamed. im just not judging a 16 year old making a 16 year old decision. he didnt break the law. he didnt do anything illegal. he simply wants to go to another School. its not the end of the world for us or for him. let him do him and call it a day. what joy are you getting from making a 16-17 year old miserable bc your 30+ year old self relies on HS recruiting for entertainment?

I understand he's an immature kid, most all are. You know what immature kids don't need? Coddling and getting everything they want. He needs to realize there are such things as consequences to your actions.

You (Jackson) made a decision. Your family made a decision. You actually jumped through hoops to get in this year. They know the consequences of signing an NLI and backing out.

I understand he's an immature kid, most all are. You know what immature kids don't need? Coddling and getting everything they want. He needs to realize there are such things as consequences to your actions.

You (Jackson) made a decision. Your family made a decision. You actually jumped through hoops to get in this year. They know the consequences of signing an NLI and backing out.
thats fine and whatever miami decides is what it is. again, he didnt break the law or do anything egregious. its really not that serious tbh. if he feels somewhere else is better for college so be it. **** find out whether he ends up being right or wrong

thats fine and whatever miami decides is what it is. again, he didnt break the law or do anything egregious. its really not that serious tbh. if he feels somewhere else is better for college so be it. **** find out whether he ends up being right or wrong

Frankly, none of this is serious, so describing it as nothing egregious means nothing to the topic imo. I won't even start the conversation but this is much deeper than sports. How is he going to grow as a man without a support system giving him guidance? I know some parents would pat him on the head and tell him to do whatever he wants to. I know mine would've made me stick to my choice, at least for a year to make an informed decision and not a reactionary one.

He absolutely has to have transfer restrictions if he keeps moving towards a release.

Advertisement
I think I’m in agreement with you and the others who say let him use his transfer option. My initial instinct was to let him go and don’t rock the boat with a local school but the more I thought about the situation, I think we should make him burn the transfer.

As you and others mentioned, we continued to spend resources on this kid and prioritized him over others. As to Dillard, we’re not stopping him from transferring and we’re the ones being screwed here so if that doesn’t work for them so be it. Set an example that we won’t be held hostage.

Most importantly, I suspect, and strictly in my unknowing opinion, that there’s tampering here. I think he’s headed to Boulder and that’s fine but he doesn’t get to go there after a tamper and keep the transfer with a free release to Boot.

I'm not sure if he has the "transfer" option. He hasn't even enrolled.

I think we discussed this a bit with Rashada, where the "LOI release" was the preferred mechanism, though with Rashada HE COULD HAVE enrolled in January.

I think Jackson is on track to enroll this summer, so that's a long way off for "let me enroll and then immediately transfer" as an option.

Weird times we are living in, where we actually have philosophical debates on whether you can transfer if you've never enrolled...

If you want to be in a big boy world where you get paid for your name and likeness (which is mostly derived from his football talents), you have to take everything that comes with that big boy world- that includes what occurs after reneging on a contract.

That may be true to some extend but in this particular situation, maybe it has more to do with a persons principals than it does allegiance to a school. If he feels its not a fit I wish him well in his endevers. No ill will, gotta do whats best for you. There is a transfer process in place to facilitate that but no way should they go out of their way to provide a rarely used exception and release someone from a contract for no good reason. Thats part of growing up and learning to become an adult. Real life decisions have real life consequences. Thats not even a real consequence if we are keeping it a buck, so he uses his one free transfer... big del so what

If it were my own son I wouldnt request a release from NLI. I would choose to use it as a learning experience on the importance of taking your time with life changing decisions and how to deal with a little adversity if you make a wrong one.
I understand and agree with mostly everything you said. My comments weren’t strictly about this young man either just a trend I’ve noticed.

Advertisement
Back