2023 UM offers 2023 OL TJ Shanahan

Advertisement
Would be great. Kid looked like a stud back when we first offered him. Maybe he's looking to move back to Florida

Advertisement
CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Miami picked up a commitment from four-star offensive lineman Antonio Tripp on Tuesday. But the Baltimore native is just the first domino to fall for Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal.

On Friday, the Hurricanes hosted Austin (Texas) Weslake four-star TJ Shanahan, who is plenty familiar with Cristobal and Mirabal after meeting the two at Oregon.

“It was a great day,” Shanahan told InsideTheU following the visit. “Seeing Coach Mirabal and Coach Cristobal and just seeing how they coach at the University of Miami.”

The 6-foot-4, 325-pounder understands how good Mirabal and Cristobal are when it comes to offensive linemen and he saw that first-hand during the Hurricanes third spring practice.
“Coach Cristobal was an offensive line coach and Coach Mirabal, he’s one of the best. Developing offensive linemen here is just normal, so that’s why I feel like I really like Miami. There’s a lot of genuine people throughout the program,” Shanahan said.
Shanahan lived in the Orlando area before moving to the Lone Star State prior to his junior season. But the rising senior has a sister that works in Dade County, so there is some family ties to the area.
“She lives about 15 minutes away from campus. I’ve lived in Orlando my whole life, so I’m a Florida boy,” Shanahan said.
After getting a good look at the Hurricanes on Friday, Miami should now be considered a potential landing spot for the nation’s No. 4 interior offensive linemen, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
They’re one school he knows will get an official visit.
“After today, I would definitely say they’re a school I really like. Probably one of my top schools. I can tell you right now I think I will definitely take an official visit here. I kind of just locked that down with them. We didn't pick a certain date, but I told them that Miami is a school that I would want to take an official visit to. I think I’m going to take all five of mine. I don’t want to cut myself short.
But Miami, today, I loved it. These guys are super genuine from Coach Mirabal to Coach Cristobal to Coach [Ed] Pata, everyone. I loved it and it was a great day,” Shanahan said.
Mirabal is leading the charge for the Hurricanes and Shanahan seems to see eye to eye with him.
“The way he explains things, his terminology I really like. I’m a big fan of it. I liked it a lot even when we sat down in Eugene when I did visit Oregon. But here, being able to see it first hand, it was amazing. Just the way he works with his offensive linemen even when it’s 1-on1 or as a group. I’m a big fan of Coach Cristobal being so hands-on with the offensive line. You don’t really see that nowadays. That’s really special to me, him being so hands-on with the whole offensive line in general with Miami.”

1647040730366.png

This dude is fookin' huge! He will have every Texas and SEC school after him so will definitely be a tough pull but with Cristobal and Mirabal, you never know.

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - Miami picked up a commitment from four-star offensive lineman Antonio Tripp on Tuesday. But the Baltimore native is just the first domino to fall for Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal.

On Friday, the Hurricanes hosted Austin (Texas) Weslake four-star TJ Shanahan, who is plenty familiar with Cristobal and Mirabal after meeting the two at Oregon.

“It was a great day,” Shanahan told InsideTheU following the visit. “Seeing Coach Mirabal and Coach Cristobal and just seeing how they coach at the University of Miami.”

The 6-foot-4, 325-pounder understands how good Mirabal and Cristobal are when it comes to offensive linemen and he saw that first-hand during the Hurricanes third spring practice.
“Coach Cristobal was an offensive line coach and Coach Mirabal, he’s one of the best. Developing offensive linemen here is just normal, so that’s why I feel like I really like Miami. There’s a lot of genuine people throughout the program,” Shanahan said.
Shanahan lived in the Orlando area before moving to the Lone Star State prior to his junior season. But the rising senior has a sister that works in Dade County, so there is some family ties to the area.
“She lives about 15 minutes away from campus. I’ve lived in Orlando my whole life, so I’m a Florida boy,” Shanahan said.
After getting a good look at the Hurricanes on Friday, Miami should now be considered a potential landing spot for the nation’s No. 4 interior offensive linemen, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite.
They’re one school he knows will get an official visit.
“After today, I would definitely say they’re a school I really like. Probably one of my top schools. I can tell you right now I think I will definitely take an official visit here. I kind of just locked that down with them. We didn't pick a certain date, but I told them that Miami is a school that I would want to take an official visit to. I think I’m going to take all five of mine. I don’t want to cut myself short.
But Miami, today, I loved it. These guys are super genuine from Coach Mirabal to Coach Cristobal to Coach [Ed] Pata, everyone. I loved it and it was a great day,” Shanahan said.
Mirabal is leading the charge for the Hurricanes and Shanahan seems to see eye to eye with him.
“The way he explains things, his terminology I really like. I’m a big fan of it. I liked it a lot even when we sat down in Eugene when I did visit Oregon. But here, being able to see it first hand, it was amazing. Just the way he works with his offensive linemen even when it’s 1-on1 or as a group. I’m a big fan of Coach Cristobal being so hands-on with the offensive line. You don’t really see that nowadays. That’s really special to me, him being so hands-on with the whole offensive line in general with Miami.”

M&M putting in work

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
View attachment 179491
This dude is fookin' huge! He will have every Texas and SEC school after him so will definitely be a tough pull but with Cristobal and Mirabal, you never know.

Yes he us a big dude at 6'5" 324lbs but Now let's keep it 100, an talk about that rubenesque mujer (his sister) who based on the picture is equally as statuesque. Paranos definitely approves.

#ThickerThanASnicker

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back