UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Nope. You lock up the 3 who want in now or as soon as you can and long game the other 2.

Singletary is committed to OSU and Fegans is hoping for a Bama offer/green light. These aren’t traditionally good gambles for us. You don’t put much faith in these 2 at the expense of the 3 guys you should have.
Lets Go GIF

Advertisement
Look, I get taking 4 cbs (personally, it'smyfavoriteposition), but when we have a finite number of scholarships that we're working with, what position do we sacrifice? Taking an extra here means taking less where?

Look, I get taking 4 cbs (personally, it'smyfavoriteposition), but when we have a finite number of scholarships that we're working with, what position do we sacrifice? Taking an extra here means taking less where?
IMO striker (seems we have a lot of kids that just fall to that roll) or offensive skill position. Odd down year for S.Fla when it comes to WR and RB, no point in taking a fringe kid and we do not seem to have a ton of traction with OOS studs for either of those spots.

This will be a defense heavy class and like another poster said...this isnt a great year at the RB and WR spot locally. (I think we hold off until next year when it will be some of the best skill position talent in years to choose from) So you load up on DEs, DTs, Safetys, Strikers and CBs while the gettin' is good! OL too.

Advertisement
This will be a defense heavy class and like another poster said...this isnt a great year at the RB and WR spot locally. (I think we hold off until next year when it will be some of the best skill position talent in years to choose from) So you load up on DEs, DTs, Safetys, Strikers and CBs while the gettin' is good! OL too.
This is it

Yup.....if u have 4 corners that are very good u take them especially with how we whiffed. And who's to say TRobs true feelings about his current group....if he doesn't like them potential wise he will load up and bring in his guys. With a great defensive haul we can still easily walk into the acc title game when they mature a bit

Exactly,Manny needs to build a team that wins now or he gets fired.He gains nothing by stacking 4 stud but very green cbs.You sign the best 3 you can now and bring in a portal ready to play for 22.

Advertisement
Manny isn’t going to get fired because of one more/less CB take.
We'll see but the staff has already said this will be a smaller class as they are going to bring in multiple portal kids to replace all the experience departing after this season.

Advertisement
Exactly,Manny needs to build a team that wins now or he gets fired.He gains nothing by stacking 4 stud but very green cbs.You sign the best 3 you can now and bring in a portal ready to play for 22.
I don't think they are firing him regardless. They not renting TRob and Ish for one year.......all the studs that they bring in they will decomit and u get zero corners. Assuming they land studs....I'm willing to risk four losses if they bringing in major dbs like Singeltary etc. We desperately have not had all dbs closing to the ball (at an NFL level) since butch studs left. That's criminal at the U imo.

Advertisement
We're getting atleast 3 to 4 portal guys for experience.. so that leaves 16 spots to fill ??

TOC is the expert here, so I may be wrong. But class cap is 25, take away 2 for the TN RB and the UNLV OL you have 23 to give. That leaves ~20-21 for High School commits, and 2-3 for the next wave of transfers.

I wasn't for 4 high school CBs in this class. 3+1 portal made more sense to me. But I'd give up a portal kid if we were to land Singletary, Graves, Rogers and Spells. We could be ridiculously young if both Blades and Ivey decide to shoot their shot at the NFL. Stevenson is 1 and done barring injury. But true Freshmen have done okay at CB if supported by good cover safeties.

TOC is the expert here, so I may be wrong. But class cap is 25, take away 2 for the TN RB and the UNLV OL you have 23 to give. That leaves ~20-21 for High School commits, and 2-3 for the next wave of transfers.

I wasn't for 4 high school CBs in this class. 3+1 portal made more sense to me. But I'd give up a portal kid if we were to land Singletary, Graves, Rogers and Spells. We could be ridiculously young if both Blades and Ivey decide to shoot their shot at the NFL. Stevenson is 1 and done barring injury. But true Freshmen have done okay at CB if supported by good cover safeties.
I can't see Manny not adding 1 or 2 portal guys in the next few weeks for this season,somehow he'll add a LB at least.

Advertisement
Back