UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
Gotta love when fans panic in a snapshot moment of a recruitment. Just with CB alone some moments come to mind:

• Patrick Johnson/Peterson early commit
  • Tracy Howard destined to be a ****
  • Corn Elder signing post NSD
  • Rumph seemingly pulling a rabbit out of his hat with Christian Williams - then he transfers anyway
  • Rubes like Ariz assuring the board that Jobe is solid
  • Stevenson signing with UGA and still winding up a Cane
  • That Marshall **** and whatever ****show went down there
Chill and let events play out. I swear it feels like half the board is a bunch of teenage premature nutbusters with no wisdom or patience. This is why I watch film and stay out of the 'crootin drama lane. It's the net result that matters not the rollercoaster journey.

It’s the fault of all the CIS slurpers and non slurpers
Wasnt Me Danny Devito GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

This

We’re going to lose Stevenson, Ivey, and Blades after this year. Harrell should be a striker and Curtis a WR.

Give me 4 CBs this class. IMO we can skip taking a Striker and RB in this class, and maybe we only take 2 WRs.

Rather load up at CB, since we have a bunch of depth elsewhere now
Yep. We need

Tom Number GIF by TAG24

Advertisement
I just don't see us taking 4 cbs,this class just doesn't have the numbers to afford it.We have one of the most experienced teams in coll football.We will be losing most of it after the season.We'll be extremely young in 22 and Diaz will like to add 4 or 5 experienced portal kids to mix in.

Is there any part of Miami football that you like or enjoy? I mean, you could probably get off depression medication if you just cheered for another team.
The parts I like are missing like fundamentally sound football.

Dislikes - Patke, ****, Wiggy, not setting the edge, no FUQIN LBs and getting Glory holed by UNC RBs.

Likes - @Go Canes!! , T-rob, All the Mopes on CIS, 2021 recruiting class and a healthy Donaldson

Go f%#k yourself. The tweet was abject stupidity and probably not cleared by compliance. But keep yapping about what a great fan you are.
You need to cut the Chinstrap and go Full Beard.
@gogeta...Not a Mullen fan?

Naw not really.
Coached against him last year and he didnt stick out at all. Definite div 1 kid but dont think hes get talent of the siblings or um quality imo

Advertisement
I am not opposed to signing 4 CBs if you can get 4 in.

However, do you go after Singletary and maybe reject someone else without knowing that Singletary is gonna come? Not an easy decision.

I am not opposed to signing 4 CBs if you can get 4 in.

However, do you go after Singletary and maybe reject someone else without knowing that Singletary is gonna come? Not an easy decision.
It’s an easy decision. You lock up Spells, Khamauri and Graves as your 3 and keep working Singletary and if he wants in, he’s the 4th.

People are fixated on prioritizing by ranking so they think the 4th down in rank is the one on the bubble but the highest ranked guy is committed to Ohio State. That’s not exactly a flip you can bank on so he’s really the one on the bubble.

It’s an easy decision. You lock up Spells, Khamauri and Graves as your 3 and keep working Singletary and if he wants in, he’s the 4th.

People are fixated on prioritizing by ranking so they think the 4th down in rank is the one on the bubble but the highest ranked guy is committed to Ohio State. That’s not exactly a flip you can bank on so he’s really the one on the bubble.
Depends on if Fegans wants to be here or not.

It's honestly really that SIMPLE.

Advertisement
Depends on if Fegans wants to be here or not.
Nope. You lock up the 3 who want in now or as soon as you can and long game the other 2.

Singletary is committed to OSU and Fegans is hoping for a Bama offer/green light. These aren’t traditionally good gambles for us. You don’t put much faith in these 2 at the expense of the 3 guys you should have.

Advertisement
Alot of posters have said 4 CBs in this cycle is too much but if that 4th one is a cant miss CB that can play Day 1 (Singletary) then you take him all day. Not sure that Graves and Spells are Day 1 guys. Might need a year of development. (not saying they should be a RS either)

My opinion:

Four CBs is not too much for a cycle. Four freshman CBs is too much for a cycle tho.

3 FR
1 Transfer

But then again, if Singletary, Graves, Spells, and Rogers is the haul...would be a tough cut for the coaches. How do you say no to that.
I wonder what Trob thinks of Curtis. A lot think his biggest upside is at WR, if Trob agrees we would have ZERO CB commits from last year and the year before we had Harrell and Clarke but Harrell has bounced around to Safety. So if we take 4, that would be roughly 5-6 CB commits in 3 years. I agree not ideal but its where we are at and if it is those 4, I don't think you can say no. I agree with what RVA said, you lock up the lower 3 and if Singletary wants in you let him. Dude is the goods, he might be as good, if not better than portal players.

Advertisement
Back