UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

This morning on Rivals:

“Miami’s up there with me, in my top five,” Spells said. “I’ll be dropping it (officially) soon.”

He says the Canes are high up with him “because I love the coaches and I’m from the crib. I always grew up watching the Hurricanes, love them.”

Spells says he’s talking with Demarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson every week.

“I love them,” Spells said. “They’re cool, are great people.”

The programs recruiting him as hard as Miami? Spells points to West Virginia and Syracuse.

And Spells says that while UM will make his cut that “I’d say they’re in the No. 2 spot out of all five (he will announce).

What do the Canes need to do in order to jump whatever team is No. 1 on his list?

“They are showing me enough right now as it is,” Spells said. “I have to see how the season goes this year for football and we’ll go from there.”

I guess he didn't say who was currently his No. 1, but it pretty much sounds like it doesn't matter. Need this kid in the class, but confident T-Rob and DVD will deliver.

Advertisement
Knowing Broward kids #1 is reserved for any Florida school outside Miami or a bag school that is currently barely talking to him but when he becomes a high four star will sweet talk him out of the crib. Dang why do I feel like Dwins all of a sudden???

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really don’t know what he’s doing. We’ve heard that he’s involved with some highly ranked targets but not others so I have no idea what the milestone is that triggers his involvement in the player/parent outreach.

I really want you to wrap your head around this crazy theory:

He, and all our coaches, recruit kids who want to be recruited.

Tyson Campbell didn't reach his potential, Tyrique transferred out, daavid wilson transferred out and James Willams committed to us right after a UGA visit... count me as not all the concerned with Georgia. we just need to win.
Facts. With UGA's recent track record for their Sofla kids TRob & DVD should be able to close this. Not too worried at all here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If Miami cannot beat out WVU, Indiana, Syracuse... then we have a serious problem. UGA could be a contender, but I just see everything in Miami’s favor to be them as well.

Advertisement
Back