UM offers 2022 WR Jacolby Spells

Advertisement
It’s all perfectly normal. We hsve others higher kn the priorities. Diaz is talking to them no doubt.
Maybe it’s the position group??? He doesn’t exactly put a premium on them.

Orrrrrrrrr... it could be that he only reaches out to the players and/or parents of players who we really really really want or really really really need?

If we just want/need, really want/need or really really want/need them, then they don’t quite reach the want/need level which triggers personal outreach?

It’s all in the analytics. Chess not checkers, Fresh New Haven pizza not frozen shipped NY pizza, Costco hot dogs not 7-11 hot dogs.

Manny’s got this on lock down.

Orrrrrrrrr... it could be that he only reaches out to the players and/or parents of players who we really really really want or really really really need?

If we just want/need, really want/need or really really want/need them, then they don’t quite reach the want/need level which triggers personal outreach?

It’s all in the analytics. Chess not checkers, Fresh New Haven pizza not frozen shipped NY pizza, Costco hot dogs not 7-11 hot dogs.
I...

help

Maybe it’s the position group??? He doesn’t exactly put a premium on them.

Manny’s got this on lock down.
That’s the bottom line. Everyone who criticizes him has never coaches a P5 team at Miami before. Such arrogance to think you know more than he does.

That’s the bottom line. Everyone who criticizes him has never coaches a P5 team at Miami before. Such arrogance to think you know more than he does.
I really don’t know what he’s doing. We’ve heard that he’s involved with some highly ranked targets but not others so I have no idea what the milestone is that triggers his involvement in the player/parent outreach.

Advertisement
I really don’t know what he’s doing. We’ve heard that he’s involved with some highly ranked targets but not others so I have no idea what the milestone is that triggers his involvement in the player/parent outreach.

Son, we compete in CFB with the $EC, and the $EC has to be defended against by men with bags. Who's gonna do it? You? You, moderator rvm? Manny has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Cooper, Ridley and Jeudy. You curse the staff and AD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Manny knows. That Jacory Brook's loss, while tragic, probably saved recruits. And Manny's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves recruits. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on message boards, you want Manny on that trail, you need him on that trail. He uses words like boats, hoes and chains. He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. Manny has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a fan who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very hope that he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. Manny would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, pick up a bag, and hit the streets. Either way, he don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to.

Advertisement
Son, we compete in CFB with the $EC, and the $EC has to be defended against by men with bags. Who's gonna do it? You? You, moderator rvm? Manny has a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Cooper, Ridley and Jeudy. You curse the staff and AD. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what Manny knows. That Jacory Brook's loss, while tragic, probably saved recruits. And Manny's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves recruits. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about on message boards, you want Manny on that trail, you need him on that trail. He uses words like boats, hoes and chains. He uses these words as the backbone of a life spent coaching. You use them as a punchline. Manny has neither the time nor the inclination to explain himself to a fan who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very hope that he provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. Manny would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, pick up a bag, and hit the streets. Either way, he don't give a **** what you think you are entitled to.
If you want to defend Manny like this, then fine. There are plenty of things on the recruiting trail that we, as fans, don't see. We get public statements designed to influence opinion and see end results. There's a whole lot of of other interaction that we don't see. However, public figures aren't immune to criticism. That's why those public statements work.

But leave the AD out of it. Those are two separate things. Ours has the impression of making lazy hires and not taking action until he absolutely has to.

This morning on Rivals:

“Miami’s up there with me, in my top five,” Spells said. “I’ll be dropping it (officially) soon.”

He says the Canes are high up with him “because I love the coaches and I’m from the crib. I always grew up watching the Hurricanes, love them.”

Spells says he’s talking with Demarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson every week.

“I love them,” Spells said. “They’re cool, are great people.”

The programs recruiting him as hard as Miami? Spells points to West Virginia and Syracuse.

And Spells says that while UM will make his cut that “I’d say they’re in the No. 2 spot out of all five (he will announce).

What do the Canes need to do in order to jump whatever team is No. 1 on his list?

“They are showing me enough right now as it is,” Spells said. “I have to see how the season goes this year for football and we’ll go from there.”

What would it take for Miami to move up to No. 1?

“Nothing, really,” said Spells
, who added he grew up a fan of the Hurricanes as the hometown team. “Just keep showing me what they’re showing me now. And see how the football season goes for them and how it comes out.”

Directly from the horses mouth yet some are trying to make this thread go the same route as Little jr.

Advertisement
What would it take for Miami to move up to No. 1?

“Nothing, really,” said Spells
, who added he grew up a fan of the Hurricanes as the hometown team. “Just keep showing me what they’re showing me now. And see how the football season goes for them and how it comes out.”

Directly from the horses mouth yet some are trying to make this thread go the same route as Little jr.
By ‘some’, QP means ‘himself’

Advertisement
We need the traction. Diaz, T Rob and DVD just need the kid to pop his commitment at 3.

“Why a Top 5 when there’s only ONE: Miami!”

I have a feeling Spells if he wanted to today to call and commit,would be told to hold off.

Advertisement
Back