UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Advertisement
I think he overplayed his hand and he’s trying to show UM he’s still interested. I doubt we push for him again, unless WB goes elsewhere.
agree with this. and the longer he waits, he'll have fewer choices. OU not pushing for him right now. I don't think Oregon is either. Supposedly Texas is looking but not sure how hard.

This kid needed to take visits last ear in the worst way. He was somehow almost convinced to commit to ASU with everything they had going on and was rightfully convinced to take more visits to be sure he was making the right decision after his visit here and now he might be paying for it. Sucks for him because I don't think this is all on him but hey hopefully he has a happy ending

This is the beginning of the trickle down effect we're going to see as this season progresses. Super seniors are going to put a numbers crunch on most programs as the NCAA is likely going to go back to the 85 scholarship limit for the 2022 season. Teams are just not taking full classes this year knowing they might be over the limit in the near future. The top programs are filling their slots and then closing up shop. Teams will save room for the highly rated guys so they can afford to take their time but for a lot of these lower 4 star/3 star types, they're going to have their proverbial "$#it or get off the pot" moment. They can't afford to be picky and take their sweet time unless they're OK with the very real possibility of ending up at a G5 program when all is said and done.

Advertisement
agree with this. and the longer he waits, he'll have fewer choices. OU not pushing for him right now. I don't think Oregon is either. Supposedly Texas is looking but not sure how hard.

You don't think he has an offer yet but Medlock got one a couple weeks ago to commit? I didn't think the staff at JM THAT much higher rated than DJax. Besides WB, what other LB spot are we looking to fill with besides DJax? Perkins? He's more of a pipe dream imo.

You don't think he has an offer yet but Medlock got one a couple weeks ago to commit? I didn't think the staff at JM THAT much higher rated than DJax. Besides WB, what other LB spot are we looking to fill with besides DJax? Perkins? He's more of a pipe dream imo.
I think the staff grew tired of the wishy, washy status of his recruitment. I’m sure he has a spot if he truly wants in but I don’t think the staff is still pushing super hard for him. Just how it seems on the outside looking in.

Happens every cycle. He’s good but he’s too much a project to hold a spot all season.

I think the staff grew tired of the wishy, washy status of his recruitment. I’m sure he has a spot if he truly wants in but I don’t think the staff is still pushing super hard for him. Just how it seems on the outside looking in.
I've thought from the moment I heard the comment from Manny about a recruit "who didn't know if being a Hurricane was for him" it was about Jackson.

Advertisement
I think it’s the dumbest thing in the world to pass on Allen. He has the frame, the talent, can play in the middle, cover. Far and away better than Devon Jackson. Him, Medlock with Wes would be a GREAT lb Haul.

Coaches need to stop being cute at LB.
How big is Allen? Listed at 6'0 and 205. Not really MLB size. Does he have a big frame? I'm not doubting, just have no idea.

I think Allen is a kid we regret not taking more than Jackson, at least until he shows something on the field his senior season.

I think our WLB situation has enough options we will be okay as long as we get one of WB, this kid Jackson (with a good senior season) or Allen (or some other name that hasn't emerged yet).

Our biggest problem is at MLB where there's not one reliable kid on roster today. Jennings is not fast enough, Flagg may not be fast enough, Brooks is always injured and already a Junior, so only 2021/2022 to play. I really wanted a portal kid for this season. We still need one for next season unless Brooks magically grows a new leg.

Advertisement
I think Allen is a kid we regret not taking more than Jackson, at least until he shows something on the field his senior season.

I think our WLB situation has enough options we will be okay as long as we get one of WB, this kid Jackson (with a good senior season) or Allen (or some other name that hasn't emerged yet).

Our biggest problem is at MLB where there's not one reliable kid on roster today. Jennings is not fast enough, Flagg may not be fast enough, Brooks is always injured and already a Junior, so only 2021/2022 to play. I really wanted a portal kid for this season. We still need one for next season unless Brooks magically grows a new leg.
Aren't they playing brooks at WILL too ?

Advertisement
Not sure. I always thought he would be our best shot at MLB, so I'm biased.
In that bowl game vs La Tech I recall him playing MLB and he balled out so I know he can do it, plus he's up to 230 now. If his toe can heal properly I'd put him at middle immediately unless Flagg kills it, although I'll hold my breath on that one.

I'll see Jackson play with my own eyes on the 26th.

If he's that scared of competition then please go elsewhere. We need more dogs. No kitty cat LBs.

That's 100%!! Too many pusscake divas coming up. The goodnews is that there will always be dogs, their just harder to find.

I noticed on 247 that Jackson is now "cool" on Miami after being "warm" for some time. I don't know how that changes or who decides.

Advertisement
Back