UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Advertisement
He retweeted Graves when he committed to Miami so I don't think we were ever completely out on him. If the crumbs being laid are correct it is a good decision by the staff to give Medlock the go ahead. Houston area kids fit in at Miami where Jackson may never get comfortable making that decision.
I nevrr thought he was out of it just the backup plan. In fact this might even been in reaction to Tolan seeing that he tweeted this 3 days after his commit so either way I'm down

Of the 5 “warm” on 247, we’re the only one he’s visited and he’s committing next week so….?????

View attachment 149764
Oh My Reaction GIF

Advertisement
He retweeted Graves when he committed to Miami so I don't think we were ever completely out on him. If the crumbs being laid are correct it is a good decision by the staff to give Medlock the go ahead. Houston area kids fit in at Miami where Jackson may never get comfortable making that decision.
Very much so. He’s literally the fourth dude on your board at a position you’re going to take two at.

That makes him a TAKE to me.

Hope things line up for him and us.

Advertisement
I find it odd that ou and Texas were hard after medlock and are now after Jackson as well. Maybe those schools put the pressure on medlock to commit and are now offering Jackson to send a message that they will take his spot if he doesn't pull the trigger soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lol he’s a pretty funny little dude. A “get out of your feelings” text will get the job done. He’s not overly emotional he’s actually pretty rational. Wesley aside he didn’t think those other guys were just sure fire better than him so it was a matter of pride is all
Considering we continue to miss on LB targets left and right, we gotta stop messing around and lock this kid up. Hopefully it’s not too late

Advertisement
I find it odd that ou and Texas were hard after medlock and are now after Jackson as well. Maybe those schools put the pressure on medlock to commit and are now offering Jackson to send a message that they will take his spot if he doesn't pull the trigger soon.
Yeah it has the feel of Feagans and Little situation with Bama. Both put in a holding pattern while Bama chase the top dogs with the understanding only one spot will only be left. I believe Jackson and Medlock (more so Medlock) are in the same scenario as it pertained to OU and to a smaller extent UT. As Medlock leans to Miami I see OU picking up attention on Jackson. I don't think either has been "Heavily" recruited by OU or Tex though which has allowed Miami the good opportunity with Medlock. I'm Ok with this as Miami has allowed plenty schools this same opportunity to poach very good players from under our noses as we prioritize others.

This reminds me of when Elton Brand and Lamar Odom were both restricted free agents with the Clippers. The Heat wanted Odom, but first they put a huge offer on Brand. When LA matched the offer for Brand, the Heat scooped up Odom ever so easily.
Yep

Advertisement
Back