UM offers 2022 LB Devon Jackson

Per Gaby:

A few of you were asking so I reached out. Think the process is going to slow down for him some. He's in the middle of summer workouts with his high school team, so seems to be prioritizing that right now. An official visit to Oklahoma is in the works for the Fall, so don't believe a commitment is coming anytime soon. As far as things go with Patke, he told me he's scheduled to talk with him this week and plans to continue growing that relationship.

Advertisement
when i was in college our coach would say every year in t he spring that he is recruiting OVER us.

Manny since he has been here have never recruited over his position group.

Ive been saying it for years on the board that cb and lb recruiting have been some sh*t. You recruit guys to take the spot of the Quartermans, Pinkney, Mcclouds not twiddle your thumb and sign depth guys.

Right now i want kids to take Flagg, Brooks food day 1.

Thats how you get quality.
Im not going to think we reach the level until i see kids transferring from a position group for lack of pt.
Preach! I forgot who it was that said we should just take Ibieta and a project at WR for this class. That's redundancy at its finest and is how we get stuck with players like 8 getting snaps in '22 because he stays an extra year. You're supposed to be getting dudes who can take someone else's job, not sit for 2+ years.

A couple weeks ago, the narrative was that he was all ASU. A few posters with common sense pointed out that the impending ASU sanctions hadn't sunk in yet, and once they do he's not going to spend 3-4 years at a college that is going to be under heavy sanctions. Sure enough, now he's backed off from ASU. A couple other schools with a ton of ground to make up just jumped in the mix (one of which is almost certainly because their primary LB target is gone) and now fans are freaking out again. Miami isn't hurting for OLBs/Strikers. I don't think Jackson is going to beat out James Williams or Chase Smith for OLB/striker in the next 2-3 years so we aren't looking at a day 1 instant starter- he'd likely be sitting behind the duo I mentioned on the depth chart. Don't get me wrong, I would like Jackson in the class- depth is great and its always a luxury to stack chips. However, I don't put Jackson in the same echelon as WB (and Tolan). We need more athleticism at ILB. If Miami misses on WB (which I don't think we will), then I can understand having a meltdown.
Agree mostly with everything you said...sans the part about JW playing OLB/STR. But other than that, you were 95% spot on.

Per Gaby:

A few of you were asking so I reached out. Think the process is going to slow down for him some. He's in the middle of summer workouts with his high school team, so seems to be prioritizing that right now. An official visit to Oklahoma is in the works for the Fall, so don't believe a commitment is coming anytime soon. As far as things go with Patke, he told me he's scheduled to talk with him this week and plans to continue growing that relationship.
George Costanza Seinfeld GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Devon Jackson deciding to wait gave Medlock the green light. I believe Miami got the jist when it went from “Arizona St. and Miami” to “let me see what else is out there”
Its kinda like Horton where a day earlier nobody would've brought him up to us realistically. Then all of a sudden the tea leaves start leading you to follow the visits and UM was the only OV for both guys which is random as ****

Advertisement
Back